- Fatherhood program for South Dakota inmates loses funding Updated: Oct-09-15 8:06 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The future is unclear for a fatherhood program for outgoing inmates in South Dakota after it lost its federal grant funding.
- Facebook video leads to animal cruelty charges against man Updated: Oct-09-15 7:15 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man is charged with animal cruelty after the Humane Society alerted police to a Facebook post allegedly showing him slamming and strangling two dogs.
- Sioux Falls woman accused of assault with a selfie stick Updated: Oct-08-15 6:45 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls woman is accused of assaulting her boyfriend with a selfie stick.
- State's high court deciding on issue of law officer records Updated: Oct-07-15 12:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court is considering whether criminal defendants should be able to see the disciplinary records of law enforcement officers who arrested them.
- Student accused of rape sues Augustana over discipline Updated: Oct-07-15 8:36 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An Augustana University student accused of rape has filed a lawsuit against the Sioux Falls school, claiming it's violating his rights by moving to expel him before he's had a chance to defend himself in court.
- Fishermen find body of Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
BRUCE, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota say two fishermen found the body of a Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake.
- Mobridge, Keystone to assess pedestrian-friendliness Updated: Oct-06-15 2:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The communities of Mobridge and Keystone are getting a state Department of Health grant to help assess the Sioux Falls towns' pedestrian-friendliness.
- South Dakota agencies getting $662K for new officers Updated: Oct-03-15 3:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota agencies have been awarded more than $662,000 in Community Oriented Policing Services grants.
- Group wants public vote on Sioux Falls highway name change Updated: Oct-02-15 8:31 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls residents opposed to changing the name of a 4-mile stretch of state Highway 11 are hoping to bring the matter to a public vote.
- Body found on Interstate 90 in Minnehaha County Updated: Oct-02-15 6:44 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The discovery of a body on Interstate 90 in Minnehaha County prompted a brief shutdown of the highway.
- SD conference to address rights of people with disabilities Updated: Oct-02-15 2:11 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - As part of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the office of top federal prosecutor in South Dakota is sponsoring a one-day event to raise awareness about the rights of people with disabilities.
- Student charged with attempted murder in S. Dakota shooting Updated: Oct-01-15 3:45 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A teenage student was charged Thursday with attempted murder in the shooting of a South Dakota high school principal who was lightly wounded in the arm.
- SD officials, inmates group adjust ceremonial tobacco policy Updated: Sep-30-15 6:11 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Attorneys for the South Dakota Department of Corrections and an organization of Native American inmates have agreed to some policy changes, which will make it easier for inmates to get tobacco for Lakota religious ceremonies.
- Latest: Man identifies son as South Dakota school shooter Updated: Sep-30-15 5:04 pm
HARRISBURG, South Dakota - The latest developments in a South Dakota school shooting that injured a high school principal. All times local:
- South Dakota man convicted in death of Adrian Peterson's son Updated: Sep-30-15 12:05 am
CANTON, South Dakota - A South Dakota jury on Tuesday convicted a man of second-degree murder and other charges in the death of the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.
- Sioux Falls man on trial for allegedly killing girlfriend Updated: Sep-29-15 12:50 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man accused of stabbing his girlfriend 14 times and killing her is on trial.
- South Dakota tribe to open nation's 1st marijuana resort Updated: Sep-29-15 11:24 am
FLANDREAU, South Dakota - The Santee Sioux tribe has already proven its business acumen, running a successful casino, a 120-room hotel and a 240-head buffalo ranch on the plains of South Dakota.
- SD Treasurer's office setting up unclaimed property booth Updated: Sep-29-15 2:15 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Treasurer's office is expanding the outreach efforts of its unclaimed property program by setting up a booth at an upcoming Sioux Falls event.
- South Dakota regulators holding hearing on pipeline project Updated: Sep-28-15 7:58 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota regulators are deciding whether to approve construction of a proposed $3.8 billion pipeline that would move oil from western North Dakota's Bakken oil patch.
- Capital One gives job services amid Sioux Falls closure Updated: Sep-27-15 12:46 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Capital One is offering career development services to employees at its soon-to-be-closed Sioux Falls office where 750 jobs will be eliminated.
- USPS needs more workers in South Dakota for upcoming season Updated: Sep-27-15 12:43 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. Postal Service needs more workers in South Dakota for the upcoming holiday season and plans to hire 58 people.
- States monitor alcohol offenders with twice-daily tests Updated: Sep-27-15 11:30 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Every day before sunrise, people stream through a nondescript door behind the county jail in South Dakota's largest city.
- South Dakota Symphony Orchestra opens season next weekend Updated: Sep-26-15 10:01 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Symphony Orchestra opens its 2015-2016 season next weekend at Sioux Falls' Washington Pavilion.
- Craig named head coach of Sioux Falls Skyforce Updated: Sep-25-15 12:18 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The NBA Development League's Sioux Falls Skyforce has named its new head coach.
- Probe of South Dakota deaths partly focused on financials Updated: Sep-23-15 7:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - State investigators looking into an apparent murder-suicide involving a family of six are focusing in part on financial issues surrounding the husband, South Dakota's attorney general said Wednesday.