- Authorities identify woman who drowned in South Dakota lake Updated: Jul-27-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota have identified the 25-year-old woman who drowned in Lake Madison over the weekend.
- SD DOT: Pavement repairs set to begin on I-229 this week Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is starting road repairs in Sioux Falls on I-229 heading south between the Benson Road interchange and the Louise Avenue interchange.
- SD Civil Air Patrol cadet attending national training camp Updated: Jul-26-15 9:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Civil Air Patrol cadet from South Dakota is attending a prestigious national training camp at an Air Force Base in Alabama.
- SD man sentenced for rape, sexual contact with young girls Updated: Jul-24-15 6:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man who was convicted of rape for having sexual contact with young girls has been sentenced to 10 months in jail.
- Collector asks judge to declare him owner of Elvis' guitar Updated: Jul-24-15 2:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A collector claiming to be the rightful owner of a guitar played by Elvis Presley and later donated by a blues guitarist to a South Dakota museum has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor.
- SD woman who fled after crash injured 5 gets 2 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman who admitted to fleeing after she caused a car crash that injured five people in Sioux Falls has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Capital One closing Sioux Falls office; 750 people affected Updated: Jul-23-15 6:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Capital One is pulling its offices out of Sioux Falls, affecting about 750 South Dakota residents it employs here, the Virginia-based credit card company announced Thursday.
- Armed civilians stand guard outside SD recruiting center Updated: Jul-23-15 5:43 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Armed civilians stood guard Thursday outside a busy military recruiting center in South Dakota, a volunteer effort to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Sioux Falls inks $27.3M deal to purchase downtown rail yard Updated: Jul-23-15 12:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The city of Sioux Falls plans to pay $27.3 million to BNSF Railway in exchange for about 10 acres of rail yard in the downtown area, where officials hope the deal will bolster a new phase of development.
- Former SD teacher pleads not guilty to shoe cam charges Updated: Jul-23-15 12:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A former high school teacher accused of using a camera on his shoe to secretly record women has pleaded not guilty.
- Sentencing set for Sioux Falls bank robber; faces 20 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:19 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sentencing has been set for a Sioux Falls man who pleaded guilty to robbing a bank in town.
- Trial begins of man accused of harassing Indian kids Updated: Jul-22-15 8:04 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Native Americans and activists packed into a theater doubling as a courtroom on Wednesday in part to protest what they view as lenient treatment of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game.
- Lack of forensic nurse training barrier for SD rape victims Updated: Jul-22-15 1:08 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A lack of forensic training for nurses across much of South Dakota is prolonging the distance rape victims need to travel in search of justice.
- Man sentenced in SD after admitting to pimping woman Updated: Jul-22-15 2:24 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Milwaukee man has been sentenced to 10 months in prison after he admitted to pimping a woman in southeast South Dakota.
- Man accused of strangling woman to death gets life in prison Updated: Jul-21-15 4:34 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota homeless sex offender has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the killing of a Sioux Falls woman.
- Southeast South Dakota county inmate dies in custody Updated: Jul-20-15 6:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in southeast South Dakota say an inmate died in custody at a county corrections facility.
- Teen stabbed in drug-related home invasion in Sioux Falls Updated: Jul-20-15 6:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Police say a 17-year-old boy was stabbed at a Sioux Falls apartment he entered during a drug-related home invasion.
- SDSU Extension to host garden educator class in Sioux Falls Updated: Jul-19-15 11:58 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota State University Extension is offering a workshop this summer geared toward teachers and other youth educators interested in learning about garden education programs.
- Sheriff: More needed to cut Minnehaha County jail population Updated: Jul-19-15 11:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - As Minnehaha County prepares to expand its overcrowded jail, the sheriff says officials should rethink who will be held in the facility.
- Corrections official: No need to change screening tactics Updated: Jul-19-15 11:05 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota inmate walked away from a minimum-security unit in Sioux Falls last week and allegedly went on to commit a string of crimes across Minnesota, but state corrections officials say they still believe their system of classifying inmates is working.
- Sioux Falls man allegedly held woman against will for years Updated: Jul-18-15 1:02 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A 35-year-old Sioux Falls man is facing charges for allegedly forcing a woman to prostitute herself for several years.
- Sioux Falls man shot; woman charged with aggravated assault Updated: Jul-17-15 4:43 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Police say a 39-year-old woman is facing an aggravated assault charge for allegedly shooting her boyfriend.
- Law enforcement officers participating in 2 tourneys Updated: Jul-17-15 2:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Teams of law enforcement officers in South Dakota will be competing this week in two tournaments for the title of 2015 Battle of the Badges Champion.
- Garretson man found guilty of multiple felony sex offenses Updated: Jul-16-15 6:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A jury in Sioux Falls has convicted a rural Garretson man of sexually abusing a woman for nearly 14 years.
- Paramedic accused of stealing $44 arrested on theft charge Updated: Jul-16-15 2:50 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A paramedic who law enforcement authorities accuse of stealing about $44 from a dead woman's home in Sioux Falls has been arrested on a petty theft charge.