- Officials announce giant industrial park in Sioux Falls area Updated: Jun-02-15 7:07 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The largest industrial park in South Dakota's history will span more than 800 acres in the northwest area of Sioux Falls and has already attracted a roughly $70 million business facility, officials involved in the project said Tuesday when they announced the development.
- USD, SDSU part of new national early-childhood ed initiative Updated: Jun-02-15 3:01 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's two largest universities are now part of a nine-school national collaborative effort to expand an early-childhood education initiative first funded by philanthropist T. Denny Sanford.
- PUC commissioner Kristie Fiegen diagnosed with breast cancer Updated: Jun-02-15 6:55 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Public Utilities Commissioner Kristie Fiegen (FEE'-gihn) says she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Somalis not worried about terror recruiting in Sioux Falls Updated: Jun-01-15 1:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Nearly 2,000 Somalis live in Sioux Falls, yet members of the city's large immigrant community say they aren't nearly as concerned about potential recruiting for the so-called Islamic State group as the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
- SD's Raven Industries gets $6M contract for aerostats Updated: Jun-01-15 12:28 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls balloon maker has been awarded a $6 million Department of Defense contract for blimps known as aerostats.
- Fire severely damages Sioux Falls apartment building Updated: Jun-01-15 7:13 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An apartment building in southwestern Sioux Falls has been severely damaged by fire.
- Sculpture stolen from Sioux Falls exhibition found in park Updated: Jun-01-15 5:40 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A sculpture stolen from an annual exhibition in downtown Sioux Falls has been found in a park.
- SD to pay $9K to former gubernatorial candidate's attorney Updated: May-30-15 5:55 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The state of South Dakota will have to pay more than $9,000 in fees to the attorney who successfully represented an independent candidate for governor in a lawsuit against a former secretary of state.
- Milwaukee man charged in SD with human trafficking, pimping Updated: May-29-15 1:06 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Milwaukee man has been charged with human trafficking for allegedly holding a Sioux Falls woman against her will.
- Sioux Falls adds pet waste stations in effort to clean river Updated: May-28-15 4:26 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls has recently installed pet waste pickup stations in parks and along a bike trail as it tries to clean up the Big Sioux River.
- Sioux Falls bail bondsman indicted on felony, misdemeanor Updated: May-26-15 2:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls bail bondsman has been indicted for allegedly accepting illegal tips and allowing unlicensed bounty hunters to make an arrest.
- Officer injured during traffic stop to return to duty soon Updated: May-25-15 4:10 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Wagner police officer knocked unconscious during a traffic stop on Friday says he hopes to return to duty within a week.
- Housing grant to aid affordable housing projects in state Updated: May-23-15 3:41 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Almost $3 million in grants for affordable housing projects in the state will fund 15 projects and help more than 300 families, state officials said this week.
- Police in Sioux Falls investigating early morning stabbing Updated: May-23-15 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police are investigating a stabbing they say happened in the eastern part of the city early Saturday.
- Former Colorado College coach takes reins of USHL's Stampede Updated: May-22-15 7:24 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Stampede has named former longtime Colorado College head coach Scott Owens as coach and general manager of the United States Hockey League franchise.
- 10 shots fired at a car in Sioux Falls; no injuries reported Updated: May-20-15 4:03 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Police in Sioux Falls say a woman's car was shot 10 times while parked outside an apartment complex Wednesday.
- State moving emergency office out of Sioux Falls Updated: May-20-15 10:27 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls is losing its state Emergency Management office in a move that state public safety officials say will better position them to respond to crises and disasters, especially in smaller communities.
- Law enforcement groups team up to curb loud vehicle exhausts Updated: May-19-15 5:21 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Law enforcement agencies in Sioux Falls are teaming up to curb loud vehicle exhausts during the summer.
- Sioux Falls toddler survives 27-foot fall from window Updated: May-19-15 12:14 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police say no criminal charges are expected after a 2-year-old boy fell from a third-floor apartment window.
- Police: Missing South Dakota inmate caught after chase Updated: May-19-15 6:47 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities say an inmate who had walked away from a South Dakota prison has been captured after leading police on separate chases in three states.
- Harrisburg student wins Congressional Art Competition in SD Updated: May-17-15 9:12 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The artwork of a Harrisburg high school student will be displayed at the U.S. Capitol after winning a national contest.
- Sioux Falls couple files lawsuit against neighbors' new home Updated: May-15-15 8:38 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Neighbors who live next to a house under construction in the historic McKennan Park district have filed a lawsuit against the dwelling's owners and the city of Sioux Falls.
- Sioux Falls man loses $12,000 in mail-in lottery scam Updated: May-14-15 7:07 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in Sioux Falls say a 57-year-old man lost $12,000 in a lottery scam before a relative helped him realize it was a ruse.
- Officials say 24-year-old Sioux Falls man died in Tea crash Updated: May-14-15 6:01 pm
TEA, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol has identified a young motorcyclist who was killed in Tea after he collided with a pickup truck on Wednesday.
- Sex offender pleads guilty in Sioux Falls strangling death Updated: May-14-15 10:53 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A homeless sex offender has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the killing of a woman inside her Sioux Falls apartment.