- Phones fuel great growth potential for US Internet gambling Updated: May-25-16 5:13 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - People attending a major gambling conference say Internet gambling has tremendous growth potential in the United States as the use of smartphones continues to grow.
- Despite money woes, Atlantic City's attractions still open Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, with words like "bankruptcy" ''crisis" and "broke" figuring prominently.
- Deal reached to keep Atlantic City from running out of cash Updated: May-23-16 4:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers agreed Monday on an Atlantic City rescue package to keep the iconic home of Miss America, salt water taffy and oceanfront casinos from running out of money.
- AC casino profits up 31 percent in hopeful sign for city Updated: May-23-16 4:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos saw their collective operating profit rise by 31 percent in the first three months of the year in another hopeful sign that the struggling industry may be stabilizing.
- Election is a year away, yet 2017 governor's race is on Updated: May-21-16 2:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Get ready, New Jersey, for more political sniping, increased jockeying on big issues and a jump in the millions of dollars politicians and supporters pour into the races.
- Atlantic City Coast Guard station gets new commander Updated: May-20-16 3:57 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard's Atlantic City air station has a new commanding officer.
- New owner wants to make Trump's Taj Mahal casino great again Updated: May-20-16 1:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The name on the front still reads "Trump," but a different flamboyant billionaire now wants to make the Taj Mahal casino great again.
- Atlantic City delays vote on policy to allow boardwalk booze Updated: May-18-16 7:22 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City officials have postponed a vote on a policy that would allow booze on the boardwalk.
- Atlantic City to vote on policy permitting boardwalk booze Updated: May-17-16 1:33 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City is considering a policy that would allow booze on the boardwalk.
- Coast Guard rescues French sailor off New Jersey coast Updated: May-16-16 6:07 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A French sailor attempting to travel solo from New York to the United Kingdom has been rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard after his sailboat began sinking off the southern New Jersey coast.
- Atlantic City casino winnings up by 8 percent in April Updated: May-12-16 3:46 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos are providing more proof that their improving fortunes after a rash of competitors shut down may not be a fluke.
- Bernie Sanders takes shots at Trump in Atlantic City Updated: May-09-16 3:48 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Monday the current state of Atlantic City's casino industry illustrates the "greed we're seeing all across the country."
- How single mothers juggle kids, getting college degrees Updated: May-07-16 11:10 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - When the Showboat Casino Hotel closed in 2014, Tasha Devonish lost her job as front services supervisor. Looking back, she sees it as a blessing in disguise.
- The Latest: Union workers protest outside Tropicana casino Updated: May-06-16 7:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on a protest by casino workers at the Tropicana (all times local):
- Workers are losing ground as Atlantic City casinos struggle Updated: May-06-16 6:48 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casino workers are making only 80 cents an hour more now than they did 12 years ago, having opted instead to secure benefits like health insurance and retirement plans as the casino industry shrunk and four properties went out of business.
- The Latest: Christie wants lawmakers to move past AC drama Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's finances (all times local):
- In Atlantic City, a park for art becomes a parking lot Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An art park in Atlantic City is being paved over to make way for a parking lot.
- Atlantic City police car collides with another vehicle Updated: May-04-16 6:43 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Officials are investigating a collision involving an Atlantic City police car and another vehicle.
- Police sergeant admits lying to FBI about cash bank deposits Updated: May-03-16 3:33 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say an Atlantic City police sergeant admitted she structured financial transactions to avoid filing required reports and lied to federal agents about her relationship with a convicted drug dealer.
- Christie vetoes bill supporting windmills off Atlantic City Updated: May-02-16 4:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a bill supporting a proposed windmill farm off the coast of Atlantic City.
- Atlantic City avoids default, makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 1:55 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Financially strapped Atlantic City scraped together enough money to make a $1.8 million bond payment Monday morning, narrowly avoiding becoming the first New Jersey municipality to default on its debt in 78 years.
- The Latest: Atlantic City makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 11:13 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's collapsing financial situation (all times local):
- Man gets prison sentence for 'repeat' robberies of 2 banks Updated: Apr-30-16 3:51 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A man who admitted he robbed two banks months after he was released from prison for robberies at the same banks five years earlier is headed back to prison.
- Man sentenced for luring, sexually assaulting young girl Updated: Apr-30-16 11:30 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - An Atlantic City man who lured and sexually assaulted a 7-year-old girl is now headed to state prison.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.