- Man dies after car crashes into toll plaza, catches fire Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - State police say a driver was killed after he was trapped in a car that crashed into a toll plaza on the Atlantic City Expressway and became engulfed in flames.
- Christie pardons Philadelphia man with drug record Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pardoned a 61-year-old Philadelphia man with a record of drug use on Wednesday, saying he turned his life around after a 1972 robbery conviction in Atlantic City.
- Growth - but not expansion - in US Internet gambling market Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling is slowly growing - but not expanding - after 2 1/2 years of online betting in the United States.
- Straub to buy Revel power plant, end litigation Updated: Nov-24-15 6:28 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Developer Glenn Straub, utilities and a bank reached a deal Tuesday that removes a major obstacle to the reopening of Atlantic City's former Revel casino.
- Atlantic City casino profit up 61 percent in 3rd quarter Updated: Nov-23-15 2:49 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos saw their gross operating profits increase by 61 percent in the third quarter of this year.
- Miss America pageant inks 3-year TV deal with ABC Updated: Nov-23-15 12:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Miss America organization has agreed to a new three-year broadcast deal with ABC.
- Atlantic City seeks tax sale for unpaid casino taxes Updated: Nov-17-15 3:44 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City says it has been stiffed on taxes from bankrupt or shuttered casinos and is planning a tax sale of their unpaid debt.
- Ex-Revel casino is new owner's biggest trouble - and joy Updated: Nov-15-15 12:23 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Since Glenn Straub bought Atlantic City's former Revel casino for about 4 cents on the dollar in April, it has brought him nothing but trouble.
- Atlantic City casino revenue down 1.3 percent in October Updated: Nov-13-15 4:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos brought in 1.3 percent less in October than they did a year ago, but the state's Internet gambling operations were up significantly over the same period.
- Blatstein weighs casino or non-gambling use for Showboat Updated: Nov-10-15 10:01 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Philadelphia developer Bart Blatstein says he is considering re-opening Atlantic City's former Showboat as a casino.
- Mellon to lead Trump Entertainment before Icahn takeover Updated: Nov-10-15 8:47 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Trump Entertainment Resorts has named three executives to lead the company ahead of its takeover by billionaire Carl Icahn.
- Christie vetoes most of Atlantic City assistance package Updated: Nov-09-15 4:46 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie on Monday vetoed most of a package of bills aimed at helping Atlantic City and its struggling casino industry and proposed that the state hold $30 million a year in casino tax payments hostage until after the city passes a fiscal recovery plan.
- Christie acts on dozens of bills sitting on his desk Updated: Nov-09-15 2:26 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Faced with an impending deadline, Gov. Chris Christie has weighed in on dozens of bills sitting on his desk, including vetoing the Democrat-led Legislature's bill to reform election law.
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- Education chief: Don't blame teachers for test results Updated: Nov-06-15 4:14 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The state's education commissioner says not to blame teachers and schools for recent test scores that show most students fail to meet grade-level expectations.
- Trump Entertainment sues insurers, claiming Sandy shortfall Updated: Nov-05-15 12:49 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Trump Entertainment Resorts is suing two insurance companies, alleging they underpaid the Atlantic City casino company on claims from Superstorm Sandy.
- Hundreds attend memorial service for longtime radio host Updated: Nov-04-15 1:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Hundreds of fans and friends of Pinky Kravitz have packed a southern New Jersey synagogue to honor the longtime radio broadcaster and tireless Atlantic City booster.
- Revel owner proposes housing Syrian refugees at old casino Updated: Nov-03-15 5:12 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - So far, the owner of Atlantic City's former Revel casino has proposed using it as an indoor water park, a medical tourism resort, an equestrian facility and a so-called "genius academy" where the world's top minds would tackle society's problems.
- Christie says fantasy football doesn't count as gambling Updated: Nov-02-15 9:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday reiterated his position that fantasy football doesn't amount to gambling and shouldn't be regulated and said a team he runs with his son is doing really well.
- New Jersey 2015 election guide: What you need to know Updated: Nov-02-15 11:25 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Voters go to the polls in New Jersey Tuesday to elect a new General Assembly along with various county and local offices, from executive to town council.
- Longtime New Jersey radio host Pinky Kravitz dead at 88 Updated: Oct-31-15 9:51 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Pinky Kravitz, a longtime New Jersey radio broadcaster and tireless Atlantic City booster, died Saturday. He was 88.
- Some ads in Assembly contests leave out key details Updated: Oct-28-15 1:12 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Voters are being inundated with political ads ahead of next week's election as they prepare to head to the polls to cast ballots in all 80 Assembly seats.