- Man gets prison sentence for 'repeat' robberies of 2 banks Updated: Apr-30-16 3:51 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A man who admitted he robbed two banks months after he was released from prison for robberies at the same banks five years earlier is headed back to prison.
- Man sentenced for luring, sexually assaulting young girl Updated: Apr-30-16 11:30 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - An Atlantic City man who lured and sexually assaulted a 7-year-old girl is now headed to state prison.
- Casinos call for vote on Atlantic City aid, takeover bills Updated: Apr-29-16 1:09 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos, saying they are "on the edge of the abyss," want an immediate vote on bills in the state Legislature that would help the casinos and let the state take over the city's finances.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- Atlantic City won't consider 20 percent pay cut proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 5:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A proposal by an Atlantic City councilman for a 20 percent pay cut on elected and appointed officials lasted only a few hours before it was shot down.
- Teacher fired after breaking up fight gets job back Updated: Apr-26-16 6:12 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A teacher who was fired after breaking up a fight between two students in Atlantic City is getting his job back.
- New Jersey indict dozens in alleged bank fraud scheme Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Authorities in New Jersey have indicted four dozen people in a bank fraud scheme they say raked in more than $500,000.
- Bill would let Atlantic City end lifeguard pension system Updated: Apr-25-16 3:27 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have introduced a bill that would no longer require Atlantic City and other local governments to have a pension system for retired lifeguards.
- Atlantic City grapples with how family-friendly it should be Updated: Apr-23-16 11:37 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - On a sunny Sunday in spring, three generations and three branches of Pam Moody's family went to have fun at Gillian's Wonderland Pier on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Revel casino owner planning to re-open - with a ropes course Updated: Apr-22-16 10:23 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The new owner of Atlantic City's troubled Revel casino is getting ready to welcome guests back - for a rope course.
- Regulator: AC casinos hiring 2,400 this year, 600 full-time Updated: Apr-21-16 5:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A top Atlantic City casino regulator said Thursday the gambling halls plan to hire more workers this year.
- Atlantic City sues state for $33.5M it says it was promised Updated: Apr-19-16 6:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Like a tapped-out gambler just before the bus leaves for home, Atlantic City is going all in, seeking a $33.5 million payout that would solve its immediate cash problems.
- Atlantic City takeover threat reopens residents' old wounds Updated: Apr-18-16 12:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Since long before the first casino went up, there has been a strong feeling of being left out and left behind among the mostly minority population of this seaside gambling resort.
- Christie's legacy comes into focus over Atlantic City fight Updated: Apr-16-16 9:58 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has been trying to solve Atlantic City's financial struggles since 2010 with mixed results. With less than two years left in office, he's making a big push to change that.
- What consensus? Still, efforts to help Atlantic City advance Updated: Apr-14-16 3:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The ongoing drama over how to help financially struggling Atlantic City turned a new page on Thursday as Gov. Chris Christie said that though he prefers a Senate-passed takeover bill he will listen to other options.
- Atlantic City casino revenue down only slightly in March Updated: Apr-13-16 3:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - With chaos reigning all around them, Atlantic City's casinos seem to have found some measure of stabilization, even if it's only for a while.
- NJ OKs Icahn's Tropicana to run Atlantic City's Taj Mahal Updated: Apr-13-16 1:18 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey casino regulators have approved billionaire Carl Icahn's Tropicana casino to manage his newest Atlantic City acquisition, the Trump Taj Mahal.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Florida Georgia Line, Toby Keith to play Atlantic City beach Updated: Apr-12-16 7:44 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Country is returning to Atlantic City's beach this summer with concerts featuring Florida Georgia Line and Toby Keith.
- Atlantic City lives to spend another day in cash crisis Updated: Apr-08-16 4:40 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City retained control over what little cash it still has on hand Friday, as a judge rejected an attempt by Gov. Chris Christie's administration to freeze the city's assets until it pays the school system what it owes.
- Atlantic City casino operating profits up 40 percent in 2015 Updated: Apr-07-16 3:45 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - As one casino after another went belly up during an agonizing 2014 in Atlantic City, casino industry executives predicted the culling of the herd eventually would benefit the survivors.
- The Latest: Assembly panel advances AC plan Christie opposes Updated: Apr-07-16 12:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on the showdown over Atlantic City's financial problems (all times local):
- The Latest: Lawmaker delivers alternative Atlantic City plan Updated: Apr-06-16 10:02 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the financial crisis in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (All times local.)
- Paying for road work? That's TBD, Christie official says Updated: Apr-05-16 4:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey residents got no clarity Tuesday on how the state will pay for a nearly $2 billion fund for road and bridge work, but the state's top financial officer said the Christie administration is plugging the hole in the 2017 budget by assuming the governor and Democrat-led Legislature will reach a deal.