- What Christie faces as he returns to New Jersey from trail Updated: Feb-10-16 6:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Welcome back, Gov. Chris Christie.
- Owed $170M by AC, Borgata skipping $7.2M tax payment Updated: Feb-10-16 10:34 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - By most accounts, the Borgata has been Atlantic City's golden goose, providing the most jobs and tax revenue in the seaside gambling resort.
- North Jersey casino vote bill advances without key details Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A plan to let New Jersey voters decide in November whether to authorize two new casinos in the northern part of the state is moving forward in the Legislature.
- How Donald Trump, with pizazz and bluster, took on the NFL Updated: Feb-07-16 8:13 am
WASHINGTON - The New Jersey Generals are largely forgotten now - part of the long-defunct and once-upstart United States Football League.
- Atlantic City council members banned from using city cars Updated: Feb-04-16 7:47 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City council members can no longer use city-owned vehicles following questions about their necessity and cost.
- New York City man found dead in Atlantic City Updated: Feb-04-16 5:57 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Authorities are awaiting autopsy results to determine how a New York City man died in Atlantic City.
- Atlantic City trams now charging 18-cent luxury tax on rides Updated: Feb-02-16 4:07 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The company that runs Atlantic City's boardwalk tram cars has been fined $40,000 for not collecting a luxury tax and is now charging patrons an extra 18 cents to ride.
- Tropicana, Borgata reinvesting millions into casinos, hotels Updated: Jan-28-16 10:52 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two of Atlantic City's top casinos are reinvesting tens of millions of dollars into their gambling areas, hotels and entertainment venues.
- Despite push from Christie, Atlantic City still in trouble Updated: Jan-27-16 3:00 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Soon after taking office in 2010, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie took stock of problems around the state and saw a big one on the beach: Atlantic City.
- Gov. Christie calls for state takeover of Atlantic City Updated: Jan-26-16 10:56 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Tuesday the state will assume vast control over Atlantic City's finances and decision-making, saying the seaside gambling resort is incapable of getting its finances together after years of overspending.
- Atlantic City to consider asking for bankruptcy Updated: Jan-26-16 3:30 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's local government will meet Tuesday afternoon to consider asking New Jersey for permission to declare bankruptcy.
- State Supreme Court won't review 'Borgata Babes' casino case Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey's highest court says an Atlantic City casino can regulate how much its cocktail waitresses weigh.
- Supplier for Atlantic City heroin ring gets prison sentence Updated: Jan-24-16 10:56 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A primary supplier for a heroin ring run by a violent Atlantic City street gang is headed to prison.
- Massive snowstorm brings flooding to East Coast Updated: Jan-23-16 9:01 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A massive winter storm that dumped as much as 3 feet of snow on the eastern United States raised flood waters in communities up and down the Atlantic Coast Saturday, closing roads and prompting evacuations.
- Winter storm impacts airports in New Jersey, New York Updated: Jan-23-16 2:18 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Airports in New Jersey and New York City have been mostly shuttered by the strong winter storm that's socking the east coast.
- Testimony casts doubt on defense claim in 1991 murder case Updated: Jan-22-16 4:28 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A retired Arizona detective cast some doubt Friday on a defense theory in the case of a woman charged with killing her young son in New Jersey 25 years ago.
- Straub plans casino at reopened Revel site Updated: Jan-19-16 6:29 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Developer Glen Straub said on Tuesday that he plans to reopen the shuttered Revel resort with a casino, although a smaller one than what was there before.
- Christie again rejects Atlantic City, casino aid package Updated: Jan-19-16 5:56 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has once again rejected a financial assistance package for Atlantic City and its struggling casinos, vetoing measures that included the changes he demanded when he vetoed them the first time.
- Autism studies in girls, women getting more attention Updated: Jan-18-16 11:17 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Krista Lamando sat on a couch on a recent Friday afternoon, covered in blankets and content doing something she excels at- figuring out puzzles.
- New Jersey's history of state takeovers may follow Christie Updated: Jan-17-16 12:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - If New Jersey lawmakers approve a measure for the state to takeover Atlantic City, it won't be the first time Trenton wrestled power from local officials.
- Man sought in double shooting is captured in Atlantic City Updated: Jan-17-16 11:43 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City police have captured a man sought in a shooting that left two people wounded last month.
- Police: Armed man surrenders after seeing cop pull out Taser Updated: Jan-16-16 3:42 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Authorities subdued a man who allegedly threatened to stab two family members at an Atlantic City home.
- Sale finalized for former Showboat to Philadelphia developer Updated: Jan-15-16 6:23 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The $23 million sale of Atlantic City's former Showboat casino to Philadelphia developer Bart Blatstein was completed Friday.
- Court: Taj Mahal casino rightly ended worker benefits Updated: Jan-15-16 6:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An appeals court ruled Friday that Atlantic City's Trump Taj Mahal casino was within its rights to end health insurance and pension benefits to its workers, removing the last major obstacle to billionaire Carl Icahn taking over.
- Pennsylvania casinos break record in 2015, regulators say Updated: Jan-15-16 5:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's casinos on Friday reported record revenue in 2015, after two down years as casinos sprout across the northeastern United States and competition for gambling dollars grows.