- Police superintendent says he'll stay on despite complaints Updated: Oct-06-15 3:13 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy says he plans to stay in his job as long as he can.
- Grain higher, livestock mixed Updated: Oct-06-15 10:43 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were higher in early trading Tuesday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Suburban college recognized for campus safety efforts Updated: Oct-06-15 4:45 am
ELGIN, Illinois - A suburban Chicago community college has been recognized by state officials for completing a campus safety initiative.
- Metra installs charging stations downtown Chicago Updated: Oct-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - Suburban Chicago's commuter rail agency is providing passengers a place to charge their electronic devices at four downtown train stations.
- Terrorism suspect due in court for 2nd straight day Updated: Oct-06-15 4:01 am
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man facing terrorism charges is due in federal court for a second consecutive day.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Chicago Bears lose center Will Montgomery to leg fracture Updated: Oct-05-15 5:49 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Quarterback Jay Cutler seems over his hamstring problems. The Chicago Bears now have to worry about who's available to block for him.
- Chicago police commander to go on trial for tough tactics Updated: Oct-05-15 3:04 pm
CHICAGO - When a West Side neighborhood decayed into a deadly shooting gallery, the Chicago police chief said he was sending his "best guy" into the fray to turn back the drug- and gang-fueled violence.
- Verizon moving center to Rolling Meadows, adding 200 jobs Updated: Oct-05-15 2:39 pm
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois - Verizon Wireless says it plans to add 200 workers at a new call center in Chicago's western suburbs beginning next year.
- White Sox move on after disappointing season Updated: Oct-05-15 1:03 pm
CHICAGO - David Robertson came to the Chicago White Sox with an eye on closing meaningful games in October, and he can still see it happening.
- Chicago terrorism suspect found competent to stand trial Updated: Oct-05-15 12:59 pm
CHICAGO - A court-ordered report has found that a 21-year-old suburban Chicago man facing terrorism charges is competent to stand trial despite his talk of shadowy conspiracies.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Illinois Senate to get 2 new members to fill vacancies Updated: Oct-05-15 10:40 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two lawmakers are set to be sworn in to fill vacancies in the Illinois Senate.
- Nonprofit continues fight against Lucas Museum in Chicago Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 am
CHICAGO - A nonprofit group has filed an updated complaint in federal court as part of its efforts to keep filmmaker George Lucas from building a museum along Lake Michigan in Chicago.
- Number of Chicago heroin overdoses hits 74 in 3 days Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities in Chicago say a recent rise in heroin overdoses is continuing to climb.
- Forward Bickell clears waivers, remains with Blackhawks Updated: Oct-03-15 1:48 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell has cleared waivers and will remain with the Stanley Cup champions for now.
- Chicago man charged in 20-month-old's death acquitted Updated: Oct-03-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - A Cook County jury has acquitted a Chicago man charged with first-degree murder in the 2010 death of a 20-month-old girl.
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Tigers lose to White Sox 2-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 am
CHICAGO - Alfredo Simon hasn't had the easiest of seasons, battling inconsistency and injury. Even a solid eight-inning effort wasn't good enough to beat Chris Sale.
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Sale sets strikeout record in White Sox's 2-1 win Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale allowed one run over seven-plus innings and set a White Sox season strikeout record as Chicago beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Friday night.
- Alleged improprieties force out 2 parole board members Updated: Oct-02-15 9:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two members of the Illinois Prisoner Review Board have been removed in the wake of published reports of erroneous filings with the state and the federal government.
- Correction: Royals-Guthrie-Oregon School Shooting story Updated: Oct-02-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - In a story Oct. 1 about Jeremy Guthrie reacting to the mass shooting in Oregon, The Associated Press misidentified Guthrie as a left-hander. He is a right-hander.
- Sale sets franchise strikeout record Updated: Oct-02-15 8:50 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale set the Chicago White Sox's season strikeout record in the second inning of Friday night's game against the Detroit Tigers.
- Suburban officer accused of using excessive force sentenced Updated: Oct-02-15 7:34 pm
CHICAGO - A former suburban Chicago deputy police chief was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for allegedly using excessive force during an arrest four years ago.