- Chicago man charged with stealing suitcase containing wigs Updated: Aug-01-15 4:28 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago man has been charged with stealing a suitcase containing more than $90,000 worth of human hair wigs for cancer patients from a baggage-claim carousel at O'Hare International Airport..
- Chicago preliminary budget estimate shows huge shortfall Updated: Aug-01-15 1:35 pm
CHICAGO - A preliminary budget released by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel shows a gaping budget shortfall for 2016 that could grow to $754 million and beyond - a total that is so high that the mayor might be forced to raise property taxes.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 3:14 am
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- La Lob returns as White Sox lose to Yankees 13-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:51 am
CHICAGO - La Lob is back.
- Hammel, Rizzo lead Cubs past Brewers 4-1 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:13 am
MILWAUKEE - Jason Hammel loves facing the Milwaukee Brewers, especially at Miller Park.
- Teixeira homers from both sides as Yanks rout White Sox 13-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 12:35 am
- Parker leads LA Sparks to 88-77 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Jul-31-15 11:20 pm
- Contract question lingers for Bears' Forte Updated: Jul-31-15 7:24 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - As much as he wanted a new contract from the Chicago Bears, Matt Forte would like to put all that talk behind him.
- Judge approves place for Mel Reynolds to stay while on bond Updated: Jul-31-15 6:37 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge has approved a long-term residence for former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds to stay while free on bond on tax charges.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Former White Sox pitcher Billy Pierce dies at 88 Updated: Jul-31-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Pierce, a seven-time All-Star pitcher who played in two World Series and spent most of his 18 years in the majors with the Chicago White Sox, died Friday. He was 88.
- Chicago poised to require breast-feeding rooms at airports Updated: Jul-31-15 5:05 pm
CHICAGO - City Council members recommended Friday that lactation rooms be placed in every terminal at Chicago's two major airports, a move that one alderman said could help make it the nation's "most breast-feeding friendly" city.
- 164 skydivers smash head-down world record in Illinois Updated: Jul-31-15 4:40 pm
OTTAWA, Illinois - Traveling at speeds of up to 240 mph, 164 skydivers flying head-down built the largest ever vertical skydiving formation Friday over central Illinois, smashing the previous record.
- Grain mixed and livestock mostly lower Updated: Jul-31-15 4:10 pm
CHICAGO - Grain futures were mixed Friday on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Judge refuses to toss suit over Chicago's red light cameras Updated: Jul-31-15 3:04 pm
CHICAGO - A request by the city of Chicago to toss a lawsuit challenging the fairness and constitutionality of its controversial red light camera program was denied by a Cook County judge.
- Chicago announces plan to limit O'Hare airport noise Updated: Jul-31-15 1:53 pm
CHICAGO - Aviation officials in Chicago released a plan Friday to limit some of the jet noise around O'Hare International Airport that residents have been complaining about since flight patterns changed two year ago.
- Blagojevich attorney says he'll ask full court for rehearing Updated: Jul-31-15 11:31 am
CHICAGO - Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich will ask a full appellate court in Chicago to rehear his appeal after a panel of three judges recently tossed five of his 18 corruption convictions, his defense attorney said.
- Cardiologist details troubles at Chicago-area VA hospital Updated: Jul-31-15 10:38 am
CHICAGO - A cardiologist who worked at a Chicago-area Veterans Affairs hospital says the facility had a yearlong backlog of unread heart tests.
- South Carolina senator backs Mark Kirk's re-election bid Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
CHICAGO - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham brought his Republican presidential campaign to Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, where he voiced his support of Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's bid for re-election.
- Police: Man cleared of murder killed by man he tried to rob Updated: Jul-31-15 4:23 am
CHICAGO - Chicago police say a man who was exonerated of a murder charge after spending 17 years in prison was killed by a man he attempted to rob.
- Extra trains, alcohol restrictions added for Lollapalooza Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
CHESTERTON, Indiana - A commuter rail in northwestern Indiana is adding extra trains and implementing tighter alcohol restrictions this weekend for the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago.
- Brewers lose 5-2 to Cubs Updated: Jul-31-15 1:51 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers lost two key players in a trade right before the game, and almost got the win anyway.
- After raising taxes, Cook County seeks raises for workers Updated: Jul-30-15 7:43 pm
CHICAGO - Now that Cook County has boosted its sales taxes by one percentage point, commissioners are considering granting pay raises to county workers.
- Beckman dodges question about mistreatment allegations Updated: Jul-30-15 7:21 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois coach Tim Beckman brushed off questions about alleged mistreatment of players in his first appearance with reporters since May.