- Spike Lee rips Rahm Emanuel on 'Chi-Raq' orange carpet Updated: Dec-02-15 1:34 am
NEW YORK - Kind words were in short supply for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at the premiere of Spike Lee's "Chi-Raq" in New York on Tuesday night.
- Suter scores in 3rd as Wild beat Blackhawks 2-1 Updated: Dec-02-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Minnesota coach Mike Yeo has voiced his displeasure with his struggling team over the past week. It looks as if his words might have struck a chord with the Wild.
- Congressman says he won't vote for Alvarez in next election Updated: Dec-01-15 10:34 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Congressman Luis Gutierrez says he will not vote for Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez when she seeks re-election next year.
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release Updated: Dec-01-15 9:57 pm
CHICAGO - Rahm Emanuel sought for months to keep the public from seeing a video that shows a white police officer shooting a black teenager 16 times.
- Illinois governor, legislators hold rare meeting on budget Updated: Dec-01-15 8:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner and legislative leaders held a rare sit-down meeting Tuesday on the elusive Illinois budget, a summit where perhaps the biggest breakthrough was an agreement to talk again - even as soon as next week.
- The Latest: Illinois attorney general asks for federal probe Updated: Dec-01-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer and an online threat against the University of Chicago (all times local):
- Illinois' pot-friendly doctor has been in trouble before Updated: Dec-01-15 5:36 pm
CHICAGO - A physician accused of violating Illinois' medical marijuana law could lose his license in a case that critics say highlights the state's strict enforcement of the pilot program and that his patients worry could hurt their ability to buy cannabis.
- The Latest: GOP leader criticizes Democrats' spending Updated: Dec-01-15 4:00 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on Tuesday afternoon's state budget meeting between Republican Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner and leaders of the Illinois General Assembly (all times local):
- Ex-Gov. Patrick to serve on Chicago police review panel Updated: Dec-01-15 3:29 pm
BOSTON - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has asked former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick to join a police accountability task force after the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.
- Suburban Chicago man charged in beating death of wife, teen Updated: Dec-01-15 11:29 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A 47-year-old northern Illinois man is accused of beating his wife and teenage stepson to death with a metal baseball bat.
- Grain higher, livestock mixed Updated: Dec-01-15 10:31 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were higher Tuesday in early trading on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Prosecutor: Abuse victim couldn't identify accused commander Updated: Dec-01-15 3:25 am
CHICAGO - Cook County prosecutors say the alleged victim of an assault by a Chicago police commander failed to identify his alleged assailant in a photo array.
- Gasol gets double-double as Bulls beat Spurs 92-89 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:27 pm
CHICAGO - Pau Gasol punctuated his big block on LaMarcus Aldridge with a triumphant yell.
- Cities, counties demand action amid Illinois budget mess Updated: Nov-30-15 10:50 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Nervous mayors and county officials are piping up about the Illinois budget crisis, with one city even threatening to turn off the lights at a state garage because of an unpaid electric bill.
- Demonstrations continue in police shooting of black teen Updated: Nov-30-15 9:19 pm
CHICAGO - There was another of day of protests in connection with the fatal shooting of a black 17-year-old by a white Chicago police officer.
- Bulls F Mike Dunleavy Jr has setback with back injury Updated: Nov-30-15 9:09 pm
CHICAGO - Bulls forward Mike Dunleavy Jr. is planning to see two specialists this week after he had a setback in his recovery from offseason back surgery.
- Bears looking more like playoff team than rebuilding team Updated: Nov-30-15 6:26 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Chicago cornerback Tracy Porter played on a Super Bowl champion in New Orleans, so he knows what a playoff team looks like.
- Key moments in case of teen fatally shot by Chicago cop Updated: Nov-30-15 6:05 pm
CHICAGO - A look at key moments in the case of a black teenager who was killed by a white Chicago police officer who shot him 16 times:
- Student in custody for allegedly bringing gun to school Updated: Nov-30-15 5:02 pm
BARRINGTON, Illinois - A suburban Chicago high school was placed on lockdown after a 16-year-old student was spotted in a bathroom with a gun and ammunition.
- Feds say U of Chicago threat a response to police shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 4:12 pm
CHICAGO - An online threat against the University of Chicago that led the school to cancel all activities Monday appears to have been motivated by the shooting of a black teenager by a Chicago officer in 2014, federal authorities said.
- The Latest: Feds say threat a response to police shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 4:09 pm
CHICAGO - The latest about an online threat that led the University of Chicago to cancel classes on Monday (all times local):
- Correction: Closer Look-Government Consolidation story Updated: Nov-30-15 3:48 pm
CHICAGO - In a story Nov. 29 about an Illinois government consolidation task force, The Associated Press misidentified Linda Holmes as a state representative. Holmes is a state senator.
- 3rd man charged with murder in Chicago triple homicide Updated: Nov-30-15 1:27 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities say a third person has been charged in connection with a shooting that killed three people at a barbecue party near a Chicago playground in September.
- Chicago police: Man steals van with 2-year-old girl inside Updated: Nov-30-15 8:00 am
CHICAGO - A man has been arrested after leading Chicago police officers on a chase in a stolen vehicle with a 2-year-old girl inside.
- Packers look for fundamental fixes on offense ahead of Lions Updated: Nov-29-15 8:29 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Generally, Packers coach Mike McCarthy has been happy with how his team has practiced this season. What is happening during games continues to confound Green Bay, especially lately with its once-potent offense.