- Getzlaf lifts Ducks to 3-2 win over Blackhawks Updated: Feb-14-16 12:26 am
CHICAGO - Ryan Getzlaf and the Anaheim Ducks are on the back side of their longest road trip of the season.
- Illinois-Chicago rallies to beat Northern Kentucky 79-77 Updated: Feb-13-16 6:13 pm
CHICAGO - Dikembe Dixson scored 21 points, Tai Odiase added 12 with a career-high nine blocks, including a game-saving block with one second to play, and Illinois-Chicago rallied to beat Northern Kentucky 79-77 on Saturday.
- New Mexico State dumps Chicago State behind Siakam 69-55 Updated: Feb-13-16 5:22 pm
CHICAGO - Pascal Siakam scored 24 points on 10-for-12 shooting, hauled in eight rebounds and blocked five shots as New Mexico State defeated Chicago State 69-55 on Saturday.
- Blackhawks F Panarin to return to lineup against Ducks Updated: Feb-13-16 12:49 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks forward Artemi Panarin is expected to play Saturday night against Anaheim after missing two games with an illness.
- Chicago police officer involved in Koschman case quits Updated: Feb-13-16 4:40 am
CHICAGO - A Chicago police lieutenant who the department was trying to fire for his role in the 2004 homicide investigation involving the nephew of then-Mayor Richard Daley has quit.
- Suburban school district forms transgender access policy Updated: Feb-13-16 4:30 am
PALATINE, Illinois - A suburban Chicago high school district is considering a district-wide policy that would give transgender students access to school facilities.
- Cubs claim reliever Riefenhauser off waivers from Orioles Updated: Feb-12-16 5:17 pm
- The Latest: Legislator says Kewanee plan is 'opportunity' Updated: Feb-12-16 5:09 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Latest on the decision by Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration to close the youth correctional facility in Kewanee (all times local):
- Illinois to close youth correctional facility in Kewanee Updated: Feb-12-16 5:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration announced Friday it will close the youth correctional facility in Kewanee, news that delighted a civil rights group but distressed employees who worried about alternative housing for maximum-security offenders.
- Autopsy reports found from 1929 Valentine's Day massacre Updated: Feb-12-16 2:11 pm
CHICAGO - Written by hand, the autopsies on the seven bullet-riddled bodies vividly describe why the Valentine's Day massacre of 1929 is still considered Chicago's most infamous gangland killing.
- AP Interview: Police shooting spurs state agency changes Updated: Feb-12-16 1:53 pm
CHICAGO - The death of Laquan McDonald, a black Chicago teenager who was a state ward for most of his life before he we was shot 16 times by a white police officer, has spurred Illinois' child welfare agency to look differently and with more focus at the cases of troubled youths, the director told The Associated Press.
- Running back Matt Forte done in Chicago after 8 seasons Updated: Feb-12-16 1:38 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Matt Forte won't be returning to the Chicago Bears for a ninth season.
- Chicago-area priest charged with sexual abusing 2 children Updated: Feb-12-16 12:21 pm
AURORA, Illinois - Prosecutors outside Chicago have charged a Catholic priest with sexually abusing two children under age 13.
- Grain lower, livestock higher Updated: Feb-12-16 10:35 am
CHICAGO - Grain futures were lower Friday in early trading on the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Man found guilty of taking girl to Illinois for prostitution Updated: Feb-12-16 8:37 am
CHICAGO - Federal officials say a Milwaukee man has been convicted of transporting an underage girl from Madison, Wisconsin, to the Chicago area to engage in prostitution.
- Man wanted in Chicago area home invasion arrested in Mexico Updated: Feb-12-16 4:45 am
CHICAGO - A man who was wanted in connection with a 2014 suburban Chicago home invasion has been captured in Mexico and returned to the United States.
- School security guard accused of sexually assaulting student Updated: Feb-12-16 3:01 am
CHICAGO - A Chicago Public Schools security guard is being held in lieu of $300,000 bond for allegedly having sex repeatedly with a girl who was a student at the school where he worked.
- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-12-16 1:06 am
Good morning. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 12 a.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Caryn Rousseau is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or email@example.com.
- Eaves gets hat trick as Stars beat Blackhawks 4-2 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:11 am
- Jackie Robinson West parents sue league, ESPN, whistleblower Updated: Feb-11-16 11:29 pm
CHICAGO - The parents of 13 members of the Chicago Little League team stripped last year of its 2014 U.S. championship are suing team officials, Little League Baseball, an ESPN sportscaster and the man who exposed the team's residency violations.
- Illinois-Chicago fends off Wright State 64-59 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - Freshman Dikembe Dixson scored 26 points with 12 rebounds and Najeal Young made three free throws in the final 37 seconds as Illinois-Chicago fended off Wright State 64-59 on Thursday night.
- 2017 NHL draft to be held in Chicago Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - The 2017 NHL draft is coming to the United Center. And there is no coach's challenge to take that one away from Chicago.
- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
Good afternoon. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 6 p.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Herbert McCann is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or email@example.com.
- Aunt of teen accused in slaying charged with supplying gun Updated: Feb-11-16 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - Two years after a Facebook feud over a boy ended with one 14-year-old girl dead and another 14-year-old girl charged with murder, the aunt of the accused Chicago teen was arrested on federal charges that she supplied the gun.
- No suspects or motive a week after 6 found dead in Chicago Updated: Feb-11-16 6:07 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities have no suspects and a motive remains elusive one week after six family members were found dead in their Chicago home, police said Thursday, with investigators now focusing on video evidence, the weapons used and interviews with relatives and acquaintances to try to glean clues about why the family was targeted.