- Coalition created by Daugaard meets on Medicaid expansion Updated: Oct-07-15 6:57 pm
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - A coalition of health representatives and state and tribal officials established by Gov. Dennis Daugaard to explore the possibility of expanding Medicaid in South Dakota is first focusing on how to free up enough funds to pay for the state's share.
- Mobridge, Keystone to assess pedestrian-friendliness Updated: Oct-06-15 2:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The communities of Mobridge and Keystone are getting a state Department of Health grant to help assess the Sioux Falls towns' pedestrian-friendliness.
- Memorial ceremony held in South Dakota for ex-Gov. Miller Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
Former South Dakota Gov. Walter Dale Miller was remembered Monday as a man who remained cool in a time of crisis during a memorial ceremony at the state Capitol in Pierre.
- Body of former South Dakota Gov. Miller to lie in state Updated: Sep-30-15 12:45 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The body of former South Dakota Gov. Walter Dale Miller will lie in state in the Rotunda of the Capitol building in Pierre on Monday morning.
- Transportation Department gives scholarship to Mines student Updated: Sep-30-15 2:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Department of Transportation has awarded a South Dakota School of Mines and Technology student with a scholarship provided by an association of state highway and transportation officials.
- Tribal Economic Development Task Force to meet on Monday Updated: Sep-28-15 2:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - An economic development task force focused on the state's Native American tribes is scheduled to meet at the State Capitol on Monday.
- South Dakota officials say hay must be removed from ditches Updated: Sep-28-15 2:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Any hay remaining in South Dakota highway ditches after Thursday will be considered illegal.
- Former prosecutor sentenced to 50 years for child rape Updated: Sep-25-15 3:09 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A former Walworth County state's attorney has been sentenced to 50 years in prison on two counts of first-degree rape of a child.
- Probe of South Dakota deaths partly focused on financials Updated: Sep-23-15 7:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - State investigators looking into an apparent murder-suicide involving a family of six are focusing in part on financial issues surrounding the husband, South Dakota's attorney general said Wednesday.
- 3 more statues added to Trail of Governors in Pierre Updated: Sep-18-15 8:02 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Three more statues have been placed along the Trail of Governors in Pierre, bringing the total to 12.
- Historical society to host Native American Day celebration Updated: Sep-17-15 2:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society is celebrating the return of the Great Sioux Horse Effigy and South Dakota's Native American Day with Lt. Gov. Matt Michels serving as master of ceremonies.
- South Dakota man admits being married to 2 women at once Updated: Sep-16-15 11:03 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who is married to two women at the same time has been sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to end both marriages.
- DOT: Hay bales in highway ditches after Oct. 1 are illegal Updated: Sep-10-15 5:53 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is reminding landowners that any hay remaining in highway ditches after Oct. 1 is illegal.