- Winning Wild Card 2 ticket worth $215K sold in Sisseton Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Lottery says a single ticket sold in Sisseton hit the $215,000 Wild Card 2 jackpot in Wednesday's drawing.
- Officials light up state Capitol Christmas tree display Updated: Nov-25-15 6:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says there's no better way to start the holiday season.
- Historical society announces entertainment for holiday event Updated: Nov-24-15 2:10 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society has announced entertainment plans for its holiday open house.
- Female state prison inmate who walked away back in custody Updated: Nov-21-15 1:21 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Officials say a female state prison inmate who walked away from a Pierre minimum-security unit is back in custody.
- Governor appoints Bureau Of Administration commissioner Updated: Nov-19-15 4:47 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has appointed Jeff Holden as Commissioner of the South Dakota Bureau of Administration.
- Woman sentenced for years-old election law violation Updated: Nov-18-15 10:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Harrold woman who was prosecuted this year for an election law violation more than a decade ago won't see prison time.
- Flags at Capitol to fly at half-staff to honor chief Updated: Nov-17-15 2:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has ordered the Capitol's flags lowered to half-staff Tuesday to honor the late Crow Creek Sioux tribal elder and chief Vernon Ashley.
- Yankton holds on for 21-20 win in 11AA title game Updated: Nov-13-15 11:58 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Sheldon Gant's 1-yard run on fourth down and Cameron Krecji's point after touchdown attempt in overtime was the difference as Yankton held on to beat Pierre TF Riggs 21-20 in Friday's state 11AA title game.
- Crow Creek Sioux tribal elder and chief dies at age 99 Updated: Nov-13-15 8:13 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Funeral services are scheduled next week for Crow Creek Sioux tribal elder and chief Vernon Ashley.
- Pierre leaders vote to continue developing event center Updated: Nov-11-15 12:52 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Pierre's City Commission has decided to continue developing an event center and schedule meetings for public input.
- Jackley, Flandreau tribal leaders discuss pot operation Updated: Nov-10-15 5:39 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley and leaders of the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe are discussing what to do about the tribe's marijuana growing operation.
- Body of missing Pierre woman found in river; autopsy planned Updated: Nov-10-15 6:39 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The body of a missing Pierre woman has been found in the Missouri River.
- Historical Society hosts webcast on New Deal program Updated: Nov-08-15 9:04 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society is hosting a webcast that focuses on the Federal Writer's Project of the 1930s.
- Officials: 9 women's prison inmates test positive for meth Updated: Nov-07-15 10:42 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Officials say nine inmates at a women's prison in Pierre have tested positive for using methamphetamine.
- Pierre Mall gets new property managers, fresh mall manager Updated: Nov-06-15 2:59 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The mall in Pierre is getting new property managers and a fresh mall manager.
- Man accused of stealing South Dakota flag put on leave Updated: Nov-05-15 10:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A former employee in South Dakota's secretary of state's office accused of stealing a century-old state flag has been put on leave by the Republican firm for which he works.
- No urban deer hunt in Pierre this year due to low numbers Updated: Nov-04-15 6:38 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's capital city will not have an urban deer hunt this year.
- Salmon egg collections on Oahe proving difficult this year Updated: Nov-02-15 8:39 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Fisheries crews have had a tough time this fall collecting salmon eggs on Lake Oahe as the population of the fish in the Dakotas reservoir continues to rebound from flooding four years ago.
- SDPB to air Great Sioux Horse Effigy return celebration Updated: Nov-01-15 8:04 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society's recent event celebrating the return of a historic artifact to Pierre will be broadcast on public television Sunday.
- Baseball exhibit opens at Cultural Heritage Center Updated: Oct-31-15 2:22 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - As baseball fans are focused on the World Series, the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre is showcasing an exhibit that traces the history of baseball in South Dakota.
- South Dakota sees record number of motorcycle fatalities Updated: Oct-30-15 8:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A record 31 motorcyclists have died on South Dakota roads since Jan. 1, with a state official citing this year's landmark Sturgis Motorcycle Rally as a factor.
- Governor's Mansion to welcome trick-or-treaters on Halloween Updated: Oct-30-15 2:18 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Governor's Mansion in Pierre will once again welcome trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
- PUC approves NorthWestern Energy 15.5 percent rate increase Updated: Oct-29-15 5:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission is allowing NorthWestern Energy to raise its electric rates by 15.5 percent, the first such increase since 1981.