- South Dakota board reverses, votes to keep Harney Peak name Updated: Jun-29-15 8:35 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Harney Peak should keep the name of an army general whose soldiers in the 1850s killed Native Americans, a state board voted Monday in a reversal, even though some Indians may find the peak's name offensive.
- Nearly 125 cyclists take part in Tour de Oahe bicycle ride Updated: Jun-29-15 6:57 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Nearly 125 cyclists from eight states took part in the fifth annual Tour de Oahe bicycle ride in the Pierre area over the weekend.
- Xcel Energy restores power to most in eastern South Dakota Updated: Jun-24-15 11:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Xcel Energy has restored electricity to areas of eastern South Dakota and southwestern Minnesota that were hit by strong storms this week.
- Teens attending Youth Trooper Academy in Pierre Updated: Jun-23-15 6:35 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Nineteen South Dakota teens are training this week with the Highway Patrol during the annual Youth Trooper Academy.
- Storm damage forces closure of Farm Island Recreation Area Updated: Jun-23-15 2:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota officials have temporarily closed the Farm Island Recreation Area along the Missouri River near Pierre.
- SD PUC sets July public meeting date on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jun-23-15 2:28 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Public Utilities Commission is holding a meeting for the public to provide input to the regulatory board on the portion of the Keystone XL pipeline that would run through South Dakota.
- Capitol Lake Visitor Center in SD to host outdoor concert Updated: Jun-21-15 9:44 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Capitol Lake Visitor Center in Pierre will be hosting a free outdoor concert this summer featuring traditional music artists Bob and Sheila Everhart.
- About 400 SD firefighters expected to attend fire school Updated: Jun-18-15 2:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - About 400 South Dakota firefighters are expected to attend the annual state fire school in Pierre this week.
- PUC allows firm's first gas and electric rate hikes in years Updated: Jun-17-15 6:09 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission has approved a utility company's first natural gas rate increase in 11 years and its first electric rate hike in two decades.
- Mayor Gill: Pierre park spruced up for annual Oahe Days Updated: Jun-15-15 10:49 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Pierre Parks Department is getting ready for the city's annual community celebration.
- South Dakota Trail of Governors statues to be unveiled Updated: Jun-12-15 12:43 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota is unveiling three more bronze statues of its former governors.
- South Dakota department's policy forbids drunk firefighting Updated: Jun-09-15 7:12 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A firefighter who died battling a house fire in Brandon when he was legally drunk responded to the emergency, even though the department has a policy against going out on a call while intoxicated, Valley Springs Fire and Rescue Chief Don Johnson said Tuesday.
- Retirement Systtem's assets grow to estimated $10.8 billion Updated: Jun-04-15 6:56 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Retirement System's assets have grown to an estimated $10.8 billion after earning an estimated 4.5 percent on investments so far this fiscal year.
- Appeals court: Judge was right to dismiss Walker's lawsuit Updated: Jun-04-15 4:12 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has affirmed a federal judge's ruling dismissing a lawsuit from former U.S. Senate candidate Clayton Walker.
- SD Museum to host event celebrating legacy of Mexican food Updated: Jun-04-15 2:35 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota State Historical Society's museum is holding an event to celebrate the history and popularity of Mexican food in the world and the United States.