- Pierre honoring war hero Waldron with memorial dedication Updated: May-27-16 6:48 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Fort Pierre war hero who served in World War II is being honored next week on the anniversary of the Battle of Midway.
- Judge orders rancher to repay USDA $65K for loan he misused Updated: May-24-16 3:38 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A federal judge in South Dakota has ordered a rancher to pay back the U.S. Department of Agriculture $65,000 for a loan he misused.
- Pierre, Fort Pierre mayors reflect on flood 5 years later Updated: May-24-16 12:54 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - On Tuesday, May 24, 2011, Pierre Mayor Laurie Gill got a call from the state Department of Public Safety asking her to come to a meeting at 4 p.m. That meeting would change her life.
- Pierre's only licensed extended-hours child care closing Updated: May-23-16 11:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The only licensed extended-hours child care facility in Pierre is closing.
- Highway Patrol to hold seminars to recruit women to join Updated: May-20-16 8:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is again reaching out to women who may want to work as state troopers.
- Better prison guard pay reducing turnover in South Dakota Updated: May-20-16 7:42 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Better pay for prison guards is helping reduce turnover at South Dakota's state prisons, according to Corrections officials.
- Native grasses being planted at state Capitol park in Pierre Updated: May-17-16 4:22 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Crews have chemically burned off Kentucky bluegrass and are preparing to plant native grasses in parts of Hilger's Gulch park on the state Capitol grounds in Pierre.
- Capitol group OKs Native American code talkers memorial Updated: May-13-16 8:57 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A proposed Pierre memorial to Native American wartime code talkers took a step closer to becoming a reality this week when the Capitol Complex Restoration and Beautification Commission unanimously approved the site and design for the monument.
- City of Pierre paves way for $2 million solar panel project Updated: May-11-16 10:39 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Pierre City Commission has paved the way for what officials say will be the biggest solar energy project in South Dakota.
- 2 South Dakota students named US Presidential Scholars Updated: May-09-16 6:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two South Dakota students have been named U.S. Presidential Scholars.
- Dairy Queen to return to city of Pierre Updated: May-08-16 10:35 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Dairy Queen will return to Pierre in 2017 after a four-year absence.
- Free public tours of the Governor's Mansion start next month Updated: May-06-16 7:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Governor's Mansion will begin its sixth season of free weekly tours next month.
- Harrold man accused in police chase, grain bin standoff Updated: May-04-16 8:17 am
HARROLD, South Dakota - A Harrold man is in custody after allegedly leading authorities on a chase and then climbing a grain bin.
- Watertown joins Pierre in selection of air service provider Updated: Apr-28-16 9:46 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - Watertown's City Council has chosen Aerodynamics Inc. as the city's air service provider, two days after Pierre's City Commission decided on the Atlanta-based carrier.