- Springfield police chief bemoans body-cam 'burden' Updated: Nov-25-15 4:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Springfield's police chief says a state law requiring officers to wear body cameras is too burdensome to local squads.
- Man gets 16 years for sexually assaulting a woman he knew Updated: Nov-25-15 4:31 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield man will spend 16 years in prison for sexually assaulting a woman three years ago.
- Illini escape with buzzer-beater, 82-79 over Chicago State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois wasn't too worried about style points. After one of the worst starts in school history, the Illini just needed a win.
- Rauner not hiring firm for Lincoln Museum director search Updated: Nov-23-15 11:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration will find a new director for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum instead of hiring an outside search firm.
- Officials see uptick in historic renovations in Springfield Updated: Nov-22-15 10:29 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Officials say they're seeing an uptick in historic renovation projects in the Springfield area thanks to low interest rates, federal historic tax credits and more awareness of the significance of historic buildings.
- Chattanooga gets past Illinois 81-77 Updated: Nov-22-15 12:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Chuck Ester and Chattanooga had led Illinois all game Saturday, much of it by double digits, and suddenly faced a nine-point deficit with just over six minutes to play.
- Diana Rauner's chief of staff appointed to Illinois House Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The chief of staff to Illinois first lady Diana Rauner has been appointed to the state House of Representatives.
- Springfield bank gets contract to process marijuana taxes Updated: Nov-20-15 3:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield bank will process Illinois sales taxes from cash medical marijuana purchases after submitting the only bid for the contract.
- Museum puts 1840 newspapers edited by Abraham Lincoln online Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum is making copies of a campaign newspaper edited by Lincoln and other politicians available online for the first time.
- Pilots still on Illinois payroll despite grounded flights Updated: Nov-19-15 8:28 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A published report says five state airplane pilots have been showing up for work with little chance of flying because Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner has grounded their flights to save money.
- Illinois officials seek company to supply body cameras Updated: Nov-19-15 3:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials have taken another step toward equipping police officers with body cameras.
- Signatures to put redistricting issue on ballot top 400,000 Updated: Nov-18-15 1:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A coalition has more than two-thirds of its goal of 600,000 petition signatures to put a measure on the ballot creating a special commission to draw state legislative districts.
- Chicago says pension overhaul delivers benefits despite cuts Updated: Nov-17-15 5:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lawyers attempted to convince the Illinois Supreme Court on Tuesday that Chicago's plan to save its pension program from insolvency does not violate the state Constitution's protection against reduced benefits because it ensures there will be, for decades to come, money to keep those checks moving.
- Sangamon County GOP seeks applicants for Rep. Poe's seat Updated: Nov-17-15 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Republican officials in Sangamon County are looking for a replacement for longtime state Rep. Raymond Poe.
- Data show 48 percent Illinois households are wireless only Updated: Nov-16-15 4:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State data show that about half of Illinois households only have wireless phone service.
- North Florida never trails in 93-81 win over Illinois Updated: Nov-13-15 11:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - North Florida hasn't lost any momentum after its first NCAA Tournament appearance last March.
- North Florida never trails in 93-81 win over Illinois Updated: Nov-13-15 10:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Dallas Moore scored 26 points and Beau Beech added 25 as North Florida used a hot start from the 3-point line to beat Illinois 93-81 on Friday night.
- Ill. legislator Raymond Poe is new agriculture director Updated: Nov-13-15 5:49 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield farmer who's served in the Illinois House of Representatives for 20 years is Gov. Bruce Rauner's choice for director of the Department of Agriculture.
- Central Illinois landfill agrees to not store toxic waste Updated: Nov-13-15 4:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A central Illinois landfill won't be allowed to accept certain types of chemical waste without getting approval from local governments under a settlement.
- Medical helicopter targeted with laser beam in Springfield Updated: Nov-12-15 8:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Authorities say a medical helicopter was targeted with a laser beam as it was landing at a Springfield hospital.
- AP names new statehouse correspondent in Springfield, Ill. Updated: Nov-11-15 4:25 pm
CHICAGO - Ivan Moreno, a political reporter for the Associated Press in Colorado, has been named the AP's supervisory correspondent at the Illinois statehouse in Springfield.
- The Latest: House adopts disbursing tax money with Rauner OK Updated: Nov-10-15 6:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on legislative action in the state Capitol as the budget impasse enters its fifth month without a resolution:
- Donald Trump brings his campaign for president to Illinois Updated: Nov-09-15 5:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Republican presidential contender Donald Trump is bringing his campaign for the party's nomination to Springfield.
- Labor council pays bill for Capitol dome Christmas lights Updated: Nov-09-15 3:36 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A labor union council has foot the bill for Christmas lights on the Illinois State Capitol dome this holiday season.
- Rauner changes course on Illinois child care requirements Updated: Nov-09-15 11:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration is changing course and revising eligibility requirements for a state child care assistance program.