- Man arrested following fiery crash into gas pumps Updated: Oct-06-15 8:33 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Police in Grand Island say a driver was drunk when he crashed into a station's gas pumps, causing an inferno that destroyed the pumps and the vehicle.
- Grand Island to dedicate new dog park on Oct. 15 Updated: Oct-03-15 2:13 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Workers are putting the finishing touches on a new Grand Island dog park before its dedication later this month.
- Central Nebraska cities stress their collaborative nature Updated: Sep-30-15 2:49 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Three communities in central Nebraska are coming together in an effort to serve and retain residents in the area.
- Nebraska banker has a rock 'n' roll background in Iowa band Updated: Sep-27-15 2:35 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - During the daytime, Chris Kaskie works in consumer lending at Home Federal Bank. Those who know him only as a banker would've been surprised to see him earlier this month, singing "Barbara Ann" with musicians who normally work with Jan and Dean and the Beach Boys.
- Man hospitalized after fire damages Grand Island apartment Updated: Sep-22-15 7:07 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A man has been hospitalized after a fire that damaged an apartment in Grand Island.
- Claim filed against Grand Island in water park drowning Updated: Sep-21-15 8:52 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - The mother of a 5-year-old girl who drowned at a Grand Island water park has filed a claim for more than $1 million against the city.
- Nebraska man convicted of motor vehicle homicide Updated: Sep-19-15 2:15 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A 44-year-old Elm Creek man has been convicted of vehicular homicide and drunken driving for causing the fatal plunge of his sport utility vehicle into a Grand Island detention pond.
- Nebraska's jobless rate rises again, hitting 2.8 percent Updated: Sep-18-15 11:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate inched up another tenth of a point to hit 2.8 percent in August but remained the lowest rate in the country, according to state and national figures released Friday.
- AP Nebraska high school football rankings Updated: Sep-15-15 7:31 am
The Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's ranking, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.