- Lubbock assistant chief promoted to new police chief Updated: Aug-25-15 10:56 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - A longtime West Texas law enforcement officer has been chosen to lead the Lubbock Police Department.
- Lubbock County coroner seeks dismissal of firing lawsuit Updated: Aug-22-15 2:59 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - A West Texas coroner says a $1 million wrongful termination lawsuit filed against him should be dismissed.
- West Texan gets nearly 3 years in prison for Chevron scam Updated: Aug-21-15 2:49 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - A West Texas energy company overseer has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for a billing scam.
- Feds: Man arrested for hoax bomb threat at Statue of Liberty Updated: Aug-19-15 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A man who used the name of a 1993 World Trade Center bombing conspirator and threatened to "blow up" the Statue of Liberty in April, forcing the evacuation of Liberty Island, has been arrested, federal authorities announced Wednesday.
- Police commanders punished in aftermath of Texas killing Updated: Aug-19-15 1:28 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - A West Texas assistant police chief has been suspended and two other commanders reprimanded for their roles during the high-profile investigation into the 2012 killing of a 15-year-old boy.
- Texas Tech looks to reduce turnovers, penalties and add wins Updated: Aug-19-15 2:45 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury calls his options at quarterback this season a luxury.
- Lubbock police internally investigating July arrest Updated: Aug-16-15 3:49 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Lubbock police are conducting an internal affairs investigation after a dashcam video appears to show an officer kicking and punching a suspect who was accused of injuring another officer.
- Ex-teacher's aide in San Angelo guilty in child pornography case Updated: Aug-13-15 1:19 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - A former teacher's aide for a West Texas school district faces up to 20 years in federal prison for trading in child pornography.
- Texas Tech enacts more oversight of fraternities, sororities Updated: Aug-12-15 3:38 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech University has made changes for improved oversight of fraternities and sororities including a website to report complaints.
- South Plains sorghum growers have new bug problems Updated: Aug-03-15 9:20 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - Sorghum growers in northwest Texas are getting hit with sugarcane aphids that can hurt the quality or even kill the sweet plants used in cattle feed production.