- Former candidate Bosworth pleads to keep medical license Updated: Jul-31-15 8:04 pm
SIOUX FALL, South Dakota - Former Republican U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth fought to keep her medical license at a medical board hearing Friday that was held in response to her felony conviction for election law violations in May.
- Before rally starts, officers seize drugs, cash in Sturgis Updated: Jul-31-15 5:33 pm
STURGIS, South Dakota - The state Highway Patrol says so far this week there have been more than 40 drug arrests and almost $6,000 in cash seized in western South Dakota as attendees of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally continue to flood the region.
- Vesicular stomatitis cases confirmed in South Dakota animals Updated: Jul-31-15 12:39 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Animal Industry Board says two cases of vesicular stomatitis virus have been confirmed in livestock in the western part of the state.
- Outdoor Campus recovers from arson; ready for weekend event Updated: Jul-31-15 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls residents have come to the rescue of an outdoors program targeted by an arsonist.
- SDSU single-game football tickets going on sale Saturday Updated: Jul-31-15 10:32 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Single-game tickets for South Dakota State University home football games go on sale to the public Saturday.
- Attempt to call special session of Legislature fails Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An attempt by Black Hills lawmakers to call a special session of the South Dakota Legislature to address education funding has failed.
- Highway Patrols in 5 states ramp up for Sturgis rally Updated: Jul-31-15 9:43 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Highway patrol troopers in the four states bordering western South Dakota are paying extra attention to traffic flocking to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which is expecting a huge influx of people for its 75th anniversary bash next week.
- Pine Ridge woman gets 3 years for involuntary manslaughter Updated: Jul-31-15 8:11 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - A Pine Ridge woman accused of running over and killing a man with her truck while drunk has been sentenced to more than three years in prison.
- Suspect in shooting on Wagner's Main Street arrested Updated: Jul-31-15 7:23 am
WAGNER, South Dakota - Authorities have arrested a man accused of shooting another man in Wagner earlier this month.
- Woman injured when SUV crashes into Aberdeen tanning salon Updated: Jul-31-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A woman was injured when a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front wall of a tanning salon in Aberdeen.
- Disaster declared for 12 South Dakota counties, 3 tribes Updated: Jul-31-15 6:24 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - President Barack Obama has declared a disaster for 12 South Dakota counties and three American Indian reservations that suffered damage during severe storms in late June.
- South Dakota high court bars Citibank recoup of $30M in tax Updated: Jul-30-15 3:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Citibank will not be able to reclaim $30 million in overpaid bank taxes to the state because it didn't request a refund until after the three-year legal window had passed, the South Dakota Supreme Court said in an opinion released on Thursday.
- Ex-US attorney wants feds to allow hemp on SD reservation Updated: Jul-30-15 12:47 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The former U.S. attorney in North Dakota decided to take on his former employer by filing a motion Thursday to lift an 11-year-old federal injunction that prevents a man from growing industrial hemp on a South Dakota reservation.
- Man sentenced for killing uncle in Yankton with hammer Updated: Jul-30-15 12:47 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - A man accused of murdering his uncle in Yankton last year has been sentenced to serve 50 years in prison.
- Man serving life term for 1970 slaying in Sioux Falls dies Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A man serving life in prison for killing a woman in Sioux Falls 45 years ago has died.
- Attorney general signs letter asking EPA to delay water rule Updated: Jul-30-15 11:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley has joined counterparts and other officials in 30 other states in asking the Environmental Protection Agency to delay implementing a new federal water rule.
- Aberdeen's decades-long run as host to all-star games ends Updated: Jul-30-15 7:56 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The South Dakota High School All-Star Games will no longer be part of the Aberdeen summertime landscape.
- Sioux Falls teenager quits job over issue of short shorts Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls teenager has garnered national attention by quitting her job when told by a manager that her shorts were too short.
- SD governor's office accepting fall internship applications Updated: Jul-30-15 2:23 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is seeking two interns for his office's fall 2015 program in Pierre.
- Companies can access grants for workplace physical activity Updated: Jul-30-15 2:20 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota businesses interested in enhancing their employees' access to physical activity can now apply for one of 10 state grants.
- Campaign to ease state's pot laws kicks off in Sioux Falls Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Tattooed bikers, middle-aged health care workers, blue-collar manufacturing employees and others converged on a Sioux Falls bar Wednesday night to work toward a shared goal: easing marijuana penalties in South Dakota.
- SD health system asks for patient cooperation during rally Updated: Jul-29-15 6:58 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A health care system in western South Dakota is asking for its patients' cooperation during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally that begins Monday.
- CDC says USD building can be occupied, recommends changes Updated: Jul-29-15 4:16 pm
- Former SD county prosecutor pleads guilty to 2 rape counts Updated: Jul-29-15 3:23 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A former South Dakota county prosecutor who authorities accuse of child rape has pleaded guilty to two counts.
- SD authorities identify crash-prone areas near Sturgis rally Updated: Jul-29-15 2:44 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in western South Dakota have released a list of several crash-prone areas that motorists travel on in Pennington County during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.