- State waiting on word from feds about GEAR UP program future Updated: Oct-06-15 4:04 pm
FLANDREAU, South Dakota - Education Secretary Melody Schopp says the state is waiting for word from the U.S. Department of Education about the future of a Native American college-readiness program under scrutiny as part of an investigation into an apparent murder-suicide.
- Fishermen find body of Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake Updated: Oct-06-15 1:27 pm
BRUCE, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in eastern South Dakota say two fishermen found the body of a Sioux Falls man in Oakwood Lake.
- Former Rapid City mayor takes new job in home state of Iowa Updated: Oct-06-15 10:45 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Former Rapid City mayor Sam Kooiker (KWAY'-kur) is taking a new job in his home state of Iowa.
- Winter wheat harvest in South Dakota ahead of average pace Updated: Oct-06-15 9:54 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The planting of winter wheat in South Dakota continues to progress ahead of the average pace.
- Rapid City Council approves longer mayoral, council terms Updated: Oct-06-15 9:38 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City Council has approved longer office terms for future mayors and council members, though opponents hope the matter will be decided by a public vote.
- Nonresident waterfowl licenses to stay same in South Dakota Updated: Oct-06-15 9:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Game, Fish and Parks Commission has once again declined to increase licenses for nonresident waterfowl hunters.
- Longtime Aberdeen hotel closing, affecting nearly 60 workers Updated: Oct-06-15 8:36 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A longtime hotel in Aberdeen is closing after more than five decades in business.
- Stolen giant pumpkin returned to South Dakota grower Updated: Oct-06-15 8:25 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A 100-pound pumpkin that was brazenly stolen from the yard of a South Dakota residence has been found and returned, after someone apparently tried but failed to turn it into a giant jack-o'-lantern.
- Authorities identify Rapid City man killed in house fire Updated: Oct-06-15 6:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police have identified a man killed in a house fire.
- Mobridge, Keystone to assess pedestrian-friendliness Updated: Oct-06-15 2:16 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The communities of Mobridge and Keystone are getting a state Department of Health grant to help assess the Sioux Falls towns' pedestrian-friendliness.
- SD man sentenced for scuffle with arresting officers Updated: Oct-06-15 2:10 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota man has been sentenced to 17 months in prison in connection with a scuffle with two arresting officers outside a casino last year.
- Memorial ceremony held in South Dakota for ex-Gov. Miller Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
Former South Dakota Gov. Walter Dale Miller was remembered Monday as a man who remained cool in a time of crisis during a memorial ceremony at the state Capitol in Pierre.
- 4 injured after helicopter crashes in SD fertilizer plant Updated: Oct-05-15 5:08 pm
PARKSTON, South Dakota - Four people have being hospitalized after the helicopter they were in crashed in the property of a South Dakota fertilizer plant.
- Yankton homeless shelter buying Highway 50 motel Updated: Oct-05-15 9:29 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - Yankton's homeless shelter is getting ready to take over a motel on Highway 50 as its new home.
- South Dakota agencies getting $662K for new officers Updated: Oct-03-15 3:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota agencies have been awarded more than $662,000 in Community Oriented Policing Services grants.
- Huron man killed when motorcycle hits semi-truck trailer Updated: Oct-03-15 2:36 pm
HURON, South Dakota - A 44-year-old Huron man has been killed in a motorcycle crash with a semi-truck.
- Nonresidents excluded from Black Hills mountain lion season Updated: Oct-03-15 11:22 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission has rejected a proposal to allow nonresidents to join this season's Black Hills mountain lion hunt and lowered limits on the number of animals allowed to be killed.
- 79-year-old Rapid City man dies from injuries in home fire Updated: Oct-03-15 10:30 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in Rapid City say a 79-year-old man has died from injuries sustained during a house fire.
- South Dakota annual state park licenses now on sale Updated: Oct-03-15 2:30 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The 2016 annual park entrance license for South Dakota's state parks and recreation areas is now on sale.
- Humane Society open house to feature reunion Updated: Oct-03-15 2:20 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The Western Hills Humane Society is showcasing its facilities and animals on Saturday during the organization' second open house.
- Group wants public vote on $8M public library in Aberdeen Updated: Oct-02-15 12:43 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man is leading a petition drive to try to force a public vote on a proposed $8 million public library.
- South Dakota ag, wildlife agencies launch habitat initiative Updated: Oct-02-15 12:18 pm
SALEM, South Dakota - State officials have launched a campaign to help South Dakota farmers and ranchers develop and maintain wildlife habitat on their land.
- Senators from the Dakotas make friendly bet on football game Updated: Oct-02-15 12:08 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota U.S. Sen. John Hoeven and South Dakota U.S. Sen. John Thune have made a friendly wager on the outcome on Saturday's football game between North Dakota State University and South Dakota State.
- Rapid City man injured in house fire dies in hospital Updated: Oct-02-15 10:49 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City man has died after suffering burns and smoke inhalation in a house fire.
- South Dakota prairie turkey licenses to drop under proposal Updated: Oct-02-15 10:43 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - South Dakota wildlife officials are proposing 4 percent fewer prairie turkey licenses for the 2016 season.