- After moving down 1 spot, Redskins take TCU receiver Doctson Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 am
ASHBURN, Virginia - By taking TCU wide receiver Josh Doctson with the 22nd overall pick in the NFL draft, the Washington Redskins added a red-zone target for quarterback Kirk Cousins while finding someone who eventually could help replace DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon.
- Daugaard requests flags at half-staff in Redlin's memory Updated: Apr-28-16 7:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has requested that flags in South Dakota be flown at half-staff Friday to honor the life of outdoors artist Terry Redlin.
- South Dakota egg production down but value up to $73.5M Updated: Apr-28-16 7:12 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the value of South Dakota's egg production rose to $73.5 million in 2015, up from $63.3 million in 2014.
- South Dakota tribe sues feds over ER closure Updated: Apr-28-16 5:46 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Native American tribe in South Dakota sued the federal government Thursday over the nearly five-month closure of the only emergency room on its reservation.
- Man charged in killing of Madison woman Updated: Apr-28-16 3:03 pm
MADISON, South Dakota - A Madison man is facing a charge of second degree murder in the shooting death of a woman at Lake Madison.
- Suspect in South Dakota killing arrested in Wyoming Updated: Apr-28-16 2:50 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A suspect in a killing outside of a South Dakota casino last week led troopers on a high-speed chase through western Nebraska before his tires were taken out and he was arrested in Wyoming, authorities said.
- Black Hills National Forest Supervisor Bobzien retiring. Updated: Apr-28-16 12:50 pm
CUSTER, South Dakota - Black Hills National Forest Supervisor Craig Bobzien is retiring.
- 2 slain in Faith were ex-girlfriend, friend of suspect Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
FAITH, South Dakota - A woman and man shot and killed in the small town of Faith have been identified as the ex-girlfriend and friend of the man accused of pulling the trigger.
- Animals rescued in Spearfish doing well a year later Updated: Apr-28-16 11:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The story could have ended very differently if someone hadn't called for a welfare check in the Wal-Mart parking lot on April 25, 2015.
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-28-16 11:27 am
Argus Leader, Sioux Falls, April 23, 2016
- Dakota Wesleyan AD position going from father to son Updated: Apr-28-16 10:14 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The athletic director position at Dakota Wesleyan University will stay in the family.
- Authorities ID victim of fatal crash in Charles Mix County Updated: Apr-28-16 10:00 am
WAGNER, South Dakota - Authorities have identified a 22-year-old Lake Andes man who died in a one-car crash in Charles Mix County.
- Watertown joins Pierre in selection of air service provider Updated: Apr-28-16 9:46 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - Watertown's City Council has chosen Aerodynamics Inc. as the city's air service provider, two days after Pierre's City Commission decided on the Atlanta-based carrier.
- Sioux Falls Skyforce win NBA Development League championship Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Skyforce is the champion of the NBA Development League.
- Retired Gen. Petraeus to speak at law enforcement gathering Updated: Apr-27-16 9:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Retired Gen. David Petraeus has been tapped as the keynote speaker for an annual gathering of law enforcement officials in South Dakota.
- Daugaard declares May month to improve wildfire awareness Updated: Apr-27-16 7:08 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard says May is Wildfire Awareness Month in the state.
- Black Hills fire management officer receives national award Updated: Apr-27-16 7:08 pm
CUSTER, South Dakota - The U.S. Forest Service has given Todd Pechota the 2015 National Forest Fire Management Officer of the Year award.
- 3 in financial investigation plead not guilty to charges Updated: Apr-27-16 6:12 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Three people have pleaded not guilty to felony charges from a financial investigation into the GEAR UP college-readiness program.
- South Dakota's Erbele hired as North Dakota's state engineer Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A longtime South Dakota environmental engineer has been hired as North Dakota's state engineer.
- EPA: Cleanup not required at uranium mines near Edgemont Updated: Apr-27-16 3:01 pm
EDGEMONT, South Dakota - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says no cleanup will be required at three abandoned uranium mines near Edgemont.
- Feds propose privatizing management of reservation hospital Updated: Apr-27-16 1:44 pm
ROSEBUD, South Dakota - The management of an embattled hospital on the Rosebud Indian Reservation could be privatized under a proposal from the federal agency responsible for the facility.
- Suspect in Aberdeen slaying wants trial moved out of county Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The defense for an Aberdeen man accused of stabbing a woman to death wants the trial moved out of Brown County.
- Southeast Technical Institute President Holcomb resigning Updated: Apr-27-16 11:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Southeast Technical Institute President Jeff Holcomb is resigning after leading the Sioux Falls school for a dozen years.
- Augustana receives $1M donation for buildings, endowment Updated: Apr-27-16 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Augustana University has received a $1 million donation toward a student activities center, a science building and an endowment to support athletics.
- Man accused in trooper assault will have separate trial Updated: Apr-27-16 8:37 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Washington state man accused of trying to kill a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper will have his case handled separately from his three co-defendants.