- Bondholders sue over Puerto Rico debt-moratorium law Updated: May-21-16 10:15 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Holders of bonds from Puerto Rico's Government Development Bank are suing to challenge aspects of a debt-moratorium law that island officials say is crucial to maintaining essential services as the U.S. territory struggles under a nearly $70 billion debt load.
- Puerto Rico says confirmed Zika cases top 1,100 Updated: May-20-16 3:40 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico has recorded more than 1,100 confirmed cases of Zika since the mosquito-borne virus was first detected in the U.S. territory six months ago.
- Relief and anger in Puerto Rico as Congress acts on debt Updated: May-20-16 6:01 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - After months of pleading from Puerto Rico's government, the U.S. Congress has agreed to help the territory restructure its massive public debt. But it comes at a steep cost: a degree of lost sovereignty with the imposition of a fiscal control board as well as a potential lower minimum wage for young workers on the island.
- Puerto Rico police probe dog remains found in 43 bags Updated: May-16-16 4:58 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in Puerto Rico say they are investigating the deaths of multiple dogs whose parts were found in 43 plastic bags dumped near a road.
- 8 injured when JetBlue flight from San Juan hits turbulence Updated: May-10-16 7:36 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Officials say at least eight passengers were injured when a JetBlue flight experienced turbulence while flying from San Juan, Puerto Rico; to Orlando, Florida.
- Treasury Secretary Lew says time is now to help Puerto Rico Updated: May-10-16 7:32 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - As Congress debates how to help Puerto Rico with its $70 billion debt, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is trying to prod lawmakers into action with stories of crumbling infrastructure on the island and a lack of basic services.
- Baseball scraps Puerto Rico series amid Zika concerns Updated: May-06-16 7:03 pm
NEW YORK - Zika virus concerns have forced the Pirates-Marlins series out of Puerto Rico, with the two games instead shifted to Miami this month.
- Puerto Rico reports 1st US Zika-related death amid outbreak Updated: Apr-29-16 1:52 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico announced Friday that it has recorded the first Zika-related U.S. death amid an outbreak of the mosquito-borne virus in the U.S. territory.