- Authorities: Officer on leave made friend's ticket disappear Updated: Aug-28-15 10:08 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania police officer has been charged him with making a friend's traffic ticket disappear.
- Cops: Man with bucket of cash and gun threatens car dealer Updated: Aug-27-15 2:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man who appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol walked into a car dealership with a bucket containing $39,000 then threatened to blow up the place and pulled a gun while claiming a worker shorted him some cash, police said.
- Sheetz to offer 'premium' experience' with specialty coffees Updated: Aug-26-15 12:10 pm
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania-based convenience store is offering a new line of specialty coffees at more than 500 stores.
- Mom who let beau who abused son baby-sit him again gets jail Updated: Aug-25-15 10:43 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania woman who let her boyfriend watch her toddler son even though he was on probation for abusing the child before has been sentenced to jail.
- PennDOT plans to temporarily move headstones for roadwork Updated: Aug-24-15 11:01 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - The state Department of Transportation says highway work will require temporary relocation of at least 31 headstones and grave markers from a central Pennsylvania cemetery.
- Teen, grandpa die in fire caused by discarded marijuana pipe Updated: Aug-20-15 11:25 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A 15-year-old boy and his disabled Vietnam veteran grandfather have been killed in an apartment fire caused by a marijuana pipe the man had been smoking, authorities said.
- State closing juvenile treatment facility at former prison Updated: Aug-18-15 9:28 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - The state is closing a juvenile treatment facility on the site of a former state prison, citing a drop in the number of youth offenders.
- Jury finds ex-inmate misused computer, deadlocks on threats Updated: Aug-14-15 12:52 pm
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A jury has found a central Pennsylvania man misused a county prison computer while he was an inmate.
- Police: Man asked to mow grass shoots at father instead Updated: Aug-11-15 9:04 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Police say a 31-year-old man angry that his father asked him to mow the lawn at their central Pennsylvania home, instead punched the older man in the mouth, then tried to shoot him.
- Police say dogs seeking cupcakes caused small stove fire Updated: Aug-11-15 6:50 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Police say dogs trying to get at a box of cupcakes left on top of a stove apparently started a small fire in a central Pennsylvania home.
- Fired officer to trial on charges he punched, kicked suspect Updated: Aug-05-15 10:08 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A since-fired central Pennsylvania police officer has been ordered to stand trial on charges he punched and kicked an unruly, intoxicated man who was already restrained by other officers.