- Man convicted of murder in 2013 death of woman shot in 2011 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:20 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 54-year-old Iowa man has been convicted in the April 2013 death of a woman he shot nearly two years earlier.
- Police: Man bit police officer, spit blood at another Updated: Aug-24-15 6:04 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 48-year-old man accused of domestic assault has been arrested after authorities say he bit one police officer and spit blood into the face of another.
- Former Iowa teacher takes plea deal in sex exploitation case Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 am
TREYNOR, Iowa - A former teacher has agreed to give up his teaching and coaching licenses as part of a plea deal in his sexual exploitation case involving students.
- Town in western Iowa celebrates new pedestrian bridge Updated: Aug-17-15 2:35 pm
AVOCA, Iowa - Residents have celebrated the opening of a pedestrian bridge over the West Nishnabotna River that's part of an effort to install more trails throughout the town of Avoca.
- Police arrest son of dead Council Bluffs man in Colorado Updated: Aug-15-15 6:34 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - The 20-year-old son of a western Iowa man who was fatally shot in his home has been arrested in Colorado.
- Western Iowa schools superintendent appeals punishment Updated: Aug-14-15 2:04 pm
TREYNOR, Iowa - A schools superintendent has appealed the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners' decision to suspend his state license for 30 days.
- Most Council Bluffs apartments had problems, inspectors say Updated: Aug-14-15 8:49 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Officials say most of the Council Bluffs rental units inspected during the first week of a new city program had violations.
- Panels detailing Mormon trek replaced with new ones Updated: Aug-10-15 5:42 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Several organizations have collaborated in replacing a handful of outdoor informational display panels that detail a journey of Mormons in the mid-1800s across Iowa to settle in Utah.
- Council Bluffs man charged with 5 counts of sex abuse Updated: Aug-08-15 1:50 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 48-year-old Council Bluffs man has been charged with five counts of sexual abuse of a girl over an eight-year period.
- State identifies year's first West Nile virus case in Iowa Updated: Aug-07-15 7:07 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Iowa public health officials have confirmed the first case of West Nile virus this year.
- Thousands of pounds of split peas spilled on Iowa interstate Updated: Aug-06-15 8:28 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Officials closed a portion of Interstate 29 in western Iowa after about 50,000 pounds of split peas were spilled from a semitrailer.
- Man gets 5 years in prison for beating teenager after crash Updated: Aug-05-15 7:31 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 35-year-old Council Bluffs man has been sentenced to five years in prison for beating, choking and kicking a teenager after their vehicles collided.
- Entryway towers shine brighter thanks to new LED lights Updated: Aug-04-15 1:22 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Towers that welcome visitors to Council Bluffs will shine a little brighter at night thanks to the installation of new LED lights.
- Appeal planned in Des Moines traffic camera lawsuit case Updated: Aug-03-15 5:32 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Seven car owners who claim Des Moines violated their constitutional rights when the city used a speed detection camera on Interstate 235 to issue traffic tickets plan to appeal a judge's dismissal of their lawsuit, their attorneys said Monday.