- Louisiana-Lafayette rolls over Loyola New Orleans 106-62 Updated: Nov-25-15 10:13 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Shawn Long scored 25 points with 16 rebounds and Louisiana-Lafayette ran over Loyola New Orleans 106-62 on Wednesday night.
- Saints' dismal defense hopes Allen can stop the hemorrhaging Updated: Nov-25-15 7:01 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints' dead-last defense won't be getting an overhaul under new coordinator Dennis Allen, who says it's too late in the season for major changes.
- 14 adult venues citied during statewide probe Updated: Nov-25-15 10:07 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Agents with the state Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control cited 14 adult entertainment venues during a statewide undercover investigation dubbed by the agency "Operation Trick or Treat."
- Gretna working with Tulane to improve city's downtown Updated: Nov-25-15 8:03 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - Gretna officials are working with the Tulane University School of Architecture on a plan that will guide the evolution and development of the city's downtown area for decades to come.
- Bond hearing set for man accused of shooting medical student Updated: Nov-24-15 6:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A man accused of shooting a medical student will remain in custody until a bond hearing is held next week.
- 610 Stompers to walk in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The 610 Stompers are heading to the big apple for the big Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Correction: Post-Parade Shooting story Updated: Nov-24-15 11:49 am
NEW ORLEANS - In a story Nov. 23 about a shooting in a New Orleans park, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of a professor. His name is Peter Scharf, not Sharf. The story also should have made clear that he studies crime at the Louisiana State University School of Public Health.
- Stennis, Loyola-New Orleans partner to market tech patent Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Loyola University New Orleans says its business students will work with engineers at NASA's Stennis Space Center to market a new technology patent.
- GOP loses state Senate seat, but picks up 2 spots in House Updated: Nov-23-15 6:45 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republicans have narrowly lost their super-majority in the state Senate after the weekend's runoff election.
- Judge defers ruling on public defenders' ask to stop cases Updated: Nov-23-15 6:29 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans judge is deferring until mid-December a decision on whether to stop assigning cases to the overloaded lawyers responsible for defending the city's poor.
- The Latest: Father says acquaintance warned of gunfight Updated: Nov-23-15 6:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest on the shootout at a playground in New Orleans' 9th Ward (all times local):
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- Report: New Orleans recreation commission making strides Updated: Nov-23-15 1:53 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An independent report concluded New Orleans' Recreation Development Commission has made strides in opening facilities and garnering resources but faces challenges with staffing and defining a vision going forward.
- Clutch Davis leads Pelicans past Suns, 122-116 Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Pelicans first-year coach Alvin Gentry is starting to see evidence that his team can overcome its dismal start to the season.
- Cleanup proposal: retailer fee for plastic, paper bags Updated: Nov-22-15 8:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Making shoppers pay at least 10 cents for plastic bags and 5 cents for some paper bags could help clean up New Orleans, say city Councilwomen Susan Guidry and LaToya Cantrell.
- The Latest: Louisiana chose hope, says Edwards after win Updated: Nov-21-15 11:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest news in the 2015 Louisiana election (all times local):
- Davis' big game in return lifts Pelicans over Spurs, 104-90 Updated: Nov-21-15 12:35 am
NEW ORLEANS - The moment Anthony Davis rose to block LaMarcus Aldridge's 15-foot jump shot marked the beginning of the end for the San Antonio Spurs.
- Gentry: Davis, Asik ready to return for Pelicans vs. Spurs Updated: Nov-20-15 7:13 pm
- Woodley resigns as University of Louisiana system president Updated: Nov-20-15 6:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana System's president announced Friday that she plans to resign at the end of the year.
- Medical student shot while trying to stop robbery Updated: Nov-20-15 5:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Authorities say a Tulane University medical student has been shot in the abdomen while trying to stop a robbery in New Orleans.
- A musical farewell to New Orleans music legend Toussaint Updated: Nov-20-15 5:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - World-renowned stars and home folks who love New Orleans' rich musical heritage crowded into a historic theater Friday to bid farewell in words and song to Allen Toussaint, a prolific songwriter, performer and producer who died last week at age 77.
- The Latest: Rousing 'I'll Fly Away' ends Toussaint tribute Updated: Nov-20-15 2:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest from a musical tribute in New Orleans to famed songwriter, producer and performer Allen Toussaint, who died last week. All times local:
- New Orleans to pay tribute to the great Allen Toussaint Updated: Nov-20-15 7:11 am
NEW ORLEANS - The city of music is preparing a farewell to musical legend Allen Toussaint, who died earlier this month at the age of 77.
- New Orleans rolls over Pensacola Christian College 94-57 Updated: Nov-19-15 11:59 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Erik Thomas and Cameron Reed combined for 34 points as New Orleans dominated Pensacola Christian College 94-57 on Thursday night.
- French diplomat: Paris bloodshed an attack on humanity Updated: Nov-19-15 4:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The general consul of France in New Orleans on Thursday called the terrorist attacks in Paris an attack on humanity.