- Oldest living Grand Rapids police retiree dies at 95 Updated: May-26-16 9:47 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The oldest living Grand Rapids police retiree has died at age 95.
- Doctor who was lawmaker to make restitution before sentence Updated: May-26-16 3:35 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Lansing-area doctor who served in the state Legislature has agreed to pay $173,000 to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan before he's sentenced for making false statements.
- Cafe has to change name after Caribou Coffee files lawsuit Updated: May-26-16 2:55 am
BEULAH, Michigan - A cafe in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula has to change its name after a couple was accused by coffee store chain Caribou Coffee of trademark infringement.
- Attorney general investigates Grand Rapids veterans home Updated: May-25-16 12:06 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan's attorney general announced Wednesday that his office is investigating allegations of mistreatment at a state-run nursing home for veterans and is encouraging potential victims or witnesses to come forward.
- Western Michigan pier set to undergo $2.1M repair project Updated: May-25-16 2:59 am
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - A western Michigan pier is set to undergo repairs that will close it for nearly a year.
- Event marks renovation of ball field, equipment drive launch Updated: May-24-16 9:18 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is marking the renovation of a baseball field and launch of an equipment drive for a youth league.
- 4 communities get share of historic preservation funds Updated: May-24-16 7:33 am
LANSING, Michigan - Four Michigan communities are getting a share of grants for historic preservation efforts.
- Grand Rapids music center starts public phase of fundraising Updated: May-24-16 2:39 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A music center in Grand Rapids has started the public phase of a $5.5 million fundraising campaign that seeks to raise money for renovations and an endowment.
- 19-year-old woman dies, driver tells deputies he fell asleep Updated: May-22-16 2:44 pm
GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in western Michigan say a driver told deputies he fell asleep while driving before the sport utility vehicle left the road, went into a ditch and struck a driveway abutment, killing a 19-year-old female passenger.
- Winners announced in Michigan APME newspaper contest Updated: May-22-16 2:12 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Newspapers in Detroit, Flint and Greenville were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Michigan Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- Senators want higher liability for Great Lakes oil spills Updated: May-22-16 1:47 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan's U.S. senators want the Department of Transportation to make sure oil pipelines crossing underneath the Great Lakes are treated as "offshore" and not "onshore" to ensure the owners will have to pay the full cost of a cleanup if there is a spill.
- Police investigate vandalism at northern Michigan church Updated: May-22-16 11:19 am
CADILLAC, Michigan - Police in northern Michigan are investigating who spray-painted Satanic and obscene objects on a church.
- 2-year-old left in hot car in parking lot taken to hospital Updated: May-22-16 9:49 am
ALPINE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in western Michigan say a 2-year-old girl was taken to the hospital after she was found left alone inside a running car outside a Wal-Mart store.
- Volunteers help clean up part of Muskegon Lake shoreline Updated: May-21-16 4:28 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - About 100 volunteers helped clean part of the Muskegon Lake shoreline in western Michigan.
- Mental health, substance abuse facility coming to Hastings Updated: May-20-16 5:21 pm
HASTINGS, Michigan - An outpatient mental health and substance abuse facility is being built in Barry County.
- Baby penguin gets foster parents at zoo in Grand Rapids Updated: May-20-16 12:34 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A baby penguin at John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids is being raised by foster parents as part of an effort to improve its chances of survival.
- Boy gets tiny car decorated like Grand Rapids police cruiser Updated: May-19-16 4:17 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A 5-year-old Grand Rapids boy who wants to be a police officer now looks the part after he received a custom sticker job on his mini cruiser.
- 4 face charges tied to counterfeit credit card ring Updated: May-19-16 2:13 pm
GRANDVILLE, Michigan - Four people face charges in western Michigan after authorities found about 100 "cloned" credit cards and thousands of dollars in merchandise in a Grand Rapids-area motel room.
- Deer returned to wild after wandering into Detroit Zoo Updated: May-19-16 1:21 pm
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - A white-tailed deer wandered into a zoo in suburban Detroit before it was caught and returned to the wild.
- Pressure surge causes water main breaks in Grand Rapids Updated: May-19-16 8:18 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Officials say a momentary surge in water pressure caused several water main breaks in Grand Rapids.
- I'll, uh, be back: Conviction stands in 2-day car test drive Updated: May-18-16 9:04 pm
PETOSKEY, Michigan - A test drive might lead to a car sale. For a northern Michigan man, it led to jail.
- Judge orders teens to stand trial in slaying of acquaintance Updated: May-18-16 2:38 pm
WYOMING, Michigan - Two western Michigan teens have been ordered to stand trial on murder charges in the stabbing and beating of a 16-year-old acquaintance in a Grand Rapids-area park.
- Treetops ropes course set to open in Grand Rapids Updated: May-17-16 5:42 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A high-ropes course suspended up to 40 feet in the air is preparing to open in a wooded area in Grand Rapids.
- 4 family members get probation in animal cruelty case Updated: May-17-16 5:19 am
MIO, Michigan - Four family members have been sentenced to probation after officials say more than 50 dogs were seized from a home in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula during an animal cruelty investigation.
- Woman, 21, graduating from medical school at Wayne State Updated: May-17-16 2:07 am
DETROIT - A 21-year-old woman is graduating from the Wayne State University School of Medicine.