- Woman's body found on Grand Rapids Community College campus Updated: Apr-30-16 10:03 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A woman's body has been found on the campus of a western Michigan community college after a witness reported seeing a man dragging what appeared to be a body near a main building and parking ramp.
- Grand Rapids college offers education to inmates Updated: Apr-30-16 1:39 am
IONIA, Michigan - Inmates are being offered an education from a college in Grand Rapids under an initiative.
- Grand Valley State arts center to get addition, renovations Updated: Apr-30-16 1:36 am
ALLENDALE, Michigan - Grand Valley State University's Performing Arts Center will get an addition and renovations, with the university set to spend $20 million.
- Ex-bus driver gets life sentence for sexual assault on rider Updated: Apr-29-16 10:12 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A former bus driver who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a passenger with special needs in Grand Rapids was sentenced to life in prison.
- Ex-state police sergeant gets $350K in case over harassment Updated: Apr-29-16 6:13 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A federal jury has awarded $350,000 to a former state police sergeant who said she suffered retaliation for reporting sexual harassment.
- New feature coming to Grand Haven dune where cross stood Updated: Apr-29-16 2:03 am
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - Another feature is coming in a western Michigan community on city-owned land where a 48-foot cross once stood.
- Gov. Snyder takes interim tag off director of vets agency Updated: Apr-27-16 2:19 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The interim director of Michigan's Veterans Affairs Agency is dropping the temporary tag.
- M-6 crumbling near Grand Rapids years ahead of schedule Updated: Apr-27-16 1:38 pm
WYOMING, Michigan - Concrete is crumbling on a three-mile stretch of the M-6 freeway south of Grand Rapids years before it should've started deteriorating, according to state transportation officials.
- Cherry blossoms on view at new Japanese garden in Michigan Updated: Apr-22-16 9:32 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Cherry blossoms are on view at a new $22 million Japanese garden at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids.
- Another massage therapist from Grand Rapids spa charged Updated: Apr-22-16 8:07 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A second massage therapist who worked at a western Michigan spa has been charged with criminal sexual conduct in connection with a reported assault during a session.
- Michigan race offers runners beer at aid stations on course Updated: Apr-21-16 10:10 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Some running races wrap up with beer after the finish. A race in western Michigan is offering brew at aid stations along the course.
- Jackson County approves purchase of emergency alert system Updated: Apr-21-16 9:06 am
JACKSON, Michigan - Jackson County officials have voted to spend $30,000 in federal funds to purchase an emergency alert system.
- Red Wings call up Ouellet from AHL Updated: Apr-20-16 3:05 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have recalled defenseman Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids of the AHL.
- Project adding seats, parking to Grand Rapids megachurch Updated: Apr-20-16 2:14 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A building that houses a megachurch in western Michigan is getting bigger.
- Woman accused in stealing credit card information sentenced Updated: Apr-20-16 2:20 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An 18-year-old Miami woman accused of being involved in stealing credit card information at gas pumps in western Michigan has been sentenced to a year in jail.
- Alliance of 4 teams wins Michigan robotics championship Updated: Apr-18-16 12:29 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An alliance of four high school teams has emerged victorious in a state robotics competition.
- Shootings force Grand Rapids-area carnival to close early Updated: Apr-16-16 4:31 pm
WYOMING, Michigan - A popular 10-day carnival near Grand Rapids is closing early because of two shootings nearby.
- Cherry trees being planted near Grand Rapids Public Museum Updated: Apr-16-16 9:20 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Cherry trees are being planted along the Grand River near the Grand Rapids Public Museum as part of a beautification initiative.
- Church plans to buy Detroit-area bowling alley, keep 6 lanes Updated: Apr-16-16 1:51 am
TAYLOR, Michigan - A church that's in the process of buying a Detroit-area bowling alley plans to keep six of its 48 lanes.
- Grand Rapids Symphony raises $40 million for endowment Updated: Apr-15-16 9:43 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Grand Rapids Symphony has raised $40 million for its endowment as part of a campaign that started in 2012.
- Historic apartments in Detroit reopening after 2008 fire Updated: Apr-14-16 5:02 pm
DETROIT - A historic apartment building near Wayne State University in Detroit is reopening to residents next month after being shut down following a 2008 fire.
- Man gets jail in death of baby covered by blankets, pillows Updated: Apr-14-16 11:21 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A 20-year-old western Michigan man has been sentenced to a year in jail in the death of his 5-month-old nephew, who was covered with blankets and pillows in an effort to quiet him.
- 2 men caught in Mexico after 8 years on run get sentences Updated: Apr-14-16 11:20 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Two men who spent eight years on the run following a 2007 slaying in the Grand Rapids area has been sentenced.
- Ex-first lady Betty Ford's birthday commemorated at luncheon Updated: Apr-14-16 11:17 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The late former first lady Betty Ford's birthday has been commemorated at a luncheon.
- Meijer Gardens announces full lineup for 2016 concert series Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is announcing the full lineup for the 2016 concert series at the Grand Rapids attraction.