- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:57 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:36 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- New Tupelo police headquarters taking shape Updated: May-26-16 12:10 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The new Tupelo Police Department's $10 million headquarters building is taking shape.
- Tupelo to appeal termination of air service subsidy Updated: May-24-16 7:21 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Regional Airport officials will ask for a waiver from the U.S. Department of Transportation, which on Friday ordered the temporary termination of the Essential Air Service program at 30 communities across the country, including Tupelo.
- Furniture cut-and-sew job tax credit continues until 2019 Updated: May-22-16 7:52 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - It's not clear how many furniture makers use Mississippi's $2,000-a-job tax credit, but they have it for 2½ more years.
- Escaped federal inmate caught in Lee County Updated: May-20-16 7:21 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - A convicted bank robber ended three days on the run at an east Tupelo motel.
- Suspect in slaying of Tupelo cab driver held without bond Updated: May-18-16 11:01 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - A suspect accused of robbing and killing a Tupelo cab driver has been denied bond.
- The Latest: Investigator says plane dropped debris on runway Updated: May-17-16 5:23 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Latest on a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people (all times local):
- Ready to plant: Growers have been hampered by too much rain Updated: May-08-16 6:49 pm
PLANTERSVILLE, Mississippi - Northeast Mississippi farmers have had to replant some of their corn and soybeans more than once because of spring downpours.
- No injuries after nose gear fails as plane lands in Jackson Updated: May-05-16 3:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - No injuries are being reported after landing gear collapsed as a single-engine plane landed at Jackson Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport.
- Tupelo buys lots to encourage new housing in historic area Updated: May-05-16 10:22 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo's city government will spend nearly $70,000 to buy five lots, hoping to spark new life in its historic Mill Village neighborhood.
- Contour Airlines starts strong in Tupelo, aided by low fares Updated: May-02-16 4:25 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bolstered by cut-rate tickets, Tupelo's new airline has been flying lots of passengers.
- Tupelo schools are told to plan for special-needs student Updated: May-01-16 12:12 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - State education officials are requiring the Tupelo school district to develop a plan for how it will meet the physical and educational needs of a student who has cerebral palsy.