- Saltillo to increase water rates Updated: Aug-28-15 4:02 am
SALTILLO, Mississippi - Water and sewage rates will be increasing in Saltillo starting Oct. 1.
- Saltillo teen working toward pilot's license Updated: Aug-26-15 4:05 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The moment Sarah Frances Webb gripped the controls, she was hooked on flying.
- Tupelo woman arrested for exploiting a vulnerable adult Updated: Aug-24-15 4:43 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A Tupelo woman has been indicted on charges of taking money from residents at an assistant living facility.
- SeaPort agrees to remove Tupelo service Updated: Aug-24-15 8:01 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - SeaPort Airlines has agreed to end its passenger service in Tupelo.
- Woman accused of kidnapping 3-year-old boy Updated: Aug-23-15 10:29 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says a young woman is being charged with kidnapping after she was found with a missing 3-year-old boy.
- Saltillo passes smoke-free ordinance Updated: Aug-21-15 4:02 pm
SALTILLO, Mississippi - A ban on smoking in public spaces in Saltillo will take effect Sept. 18.
- Tupelo school district purchases 10 new buses Updated: Aug-20-15 6:22 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Ten new school buses will soon be on the road in the Tupelo school district.
- Initiative debate centers on judge's role in Miss. budget Updated: Aug-18-15 1:11 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Debate is continuing at meetings across the state over proposed school funding initiatives that voters will decide this November.
- Tupelo buys water rights for annexed areas Updated: Aug-18-15 6:19 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - After lengthy discussions with the North Lee Water Association, the city of Tupelo has purchased the water rights for the areas annexed in 2012.
- Tupelo school command center to monitor all campuses Updated: Aug-14-15 10:41 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo schools plan to increase school safety through the construction of a district security command center at the Fillmore Center.
- Tupelo airport asking SeaPort to withdraw service Updated: Aug-13-15 6:34 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Airport Authority has voted to ask SeaPort Airlines to voluntarily withdraw its service.
- Elvis Presley 'Forever' stamp going on sale this week Updated: Aug-13-15 2:04 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Elvis Presley "Forever" stamp is going on sale shortly at post offices nationwide.
- Elvis Presley Forever stamp now on sale Updated: Aug-12-15 4:52 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Elvis Presley Forever stamp is now on sale at post offices nationwide.
- Pastors emphasize Christ mentality above partisan allegiance Updated: Aug-12-15 10:46 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - With a round of local elections freshly in the rear view and a presidential election ramping up, it is perhaps only a matter of time before discussions flare up over the religious vote, the evangelical vote, the Catholic vote, and so forth.
- Mississippi Court of Appeals upholds murder conviction Updated: Aug-12-15 9:59 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - A Pontotoc man will not get a new trial in the 1999 murder of a woman and her unborn child.
- Democrats set meeting to select judicial nominee Updated: Aug-11-15 4:14 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Lee County Democratic Party executive committee meets Aug. 22 to select a candidate for justice court judge.
- Former Tupelo police officer heading to prison Updated: Aug-07-15 4:43 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A former Tupelo police officer convicted of a civil rights charge has been ordered to report to a federal prison in South Carolina on Sept. 21.
- Cooper Tire expanding Tupelo plant Updated: Aug-06-15 1:52 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. will spend about $2 million to expand its plant in Tupelo.
- Big training exercise through mid-August at Camp Shelby Updated: Aug-02-15 6:55 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - About 500 active-duty soldiers from Texas are training with a National Guard unit from north Mississippi at Camp Shelby, a 134,000-acre National Guard training center in Hattiesburg.
- Tupelo schools quadruple graduation rate for special ed Updated: Aug-02-15 6:22 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Public School District officials estimate that the graduation rate for special education students has quadrupled over the past two years. They estimate that about 58 percent of its seniors in special education programs graduated this year - up from 14.4 percent in the 2012-13 school year.
- GOP hopeful Ted Cruz to visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:41 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz will visit two north Mississippi cities this month.
- Court says jury should decide age discrimination case Updated: Aug-02-15 11:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal appeals court has reinstated a Tupelo teacher's age discrimination lawsuit against the local school district.