- Sheriff-elect already on job at Alcorn County jail Updated: Nov-28-15 7:54 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff-elect Ben Caldwell is already working at the regional jail. County supervisors appointed him jail administrator shortly after his Nov. 3 election, though he won't be sworn in as sheriff until January.
- Fred Rutherford is set to retire after nearly 40 years Updated: Nov-26-15 4:52 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - At 65, Fred Rutherford is ready to step away from the jeweler's bench where he's created and repaired countless pieces of fine jewelry over the years.
- Foamcraft to expands operations in Tupelo Updated: Nov-26-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Foamcraft, Inc., a manufacturer of polyurethane foam products, says it's expanding operations in Tupelo to accommodate an increase in consumer demand.
- City of Tupelo saves money, generates $2.3 million this year Updated: Nov-23-15 9:16 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The city of Tupelo has ended the last fiscal year with a $2.3 million surplus, which officials say will be used to fund large infrastructure projects.
- Tupelo begins energy efficiency program saving $140K a year Updated: Nov-20-15 6:19 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The city of Tupelo should start saving $140,000 or more each year for the next two decades by upgrading to more efficient lighting at athletic fields, parks and government buildings.
- Tupelo community contributing to school discipline policies Updated: Nov-18-15 1:46 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Public School District has created a task force to get the community's advice in evaluating the district's discipline policies.
- Tupelo mayor seeking new blood for old committees Updated: Nov-18-15 1:41 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Faced with his desire to bring in new people and new ideas to the city's committees, boards and commissions, Tupelo's mayor is weighing whether to force out some committee members who have exceeded their term limits.
- Prescribed burn on Monday along Natchez Trace Updated: Nov-14-15 1:49 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Weather permitting, the Natchez Trace Parkway will conduct a prescribed burn inside the Tupelo city limits Monday.
- Frost in the forecast for most of Northeast Mississippi Updated: Nov-13-15 6:27 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Many counties and communities in Northeast Mississippi can expect widespread frost overnight Friday into Saturday morning.
- Tupelo airport board to review 4 bids for service Updated: Nov-12-15 6:28 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Airport Authority will review the four airlines bidding to provide service and plans to have a recommendation by the end of the month.
- Court delays Saltillo bank robbery trial Updated: Nov-11-15 6:31 am
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A 57-year-old Saltillo man will have a couple of more months to prepare for his federal bank robbery trial.
- Tupelo air service bid deadline extended until Nov. 9 Updated: Nov-06-15 6:19 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The U.S. Department of Transportation has again extended the deadline to Nov. 9 for submitting bids for providing commercial air service in Tupelo.
- Bond set for Walmart bombing suspect Updated: Nov-03-15 6:56 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Bond has been set for a 61-year-old Mississippi man accused of bombing a Walmart because the chain stopped selling his state's flags.
- Mississippi flag backer accused of tossing bomb in Wal-Mart Updated: Nov-02-15 6:30 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A man who's known for flying a 4-foot-long Mississippi state flag on his car has been accused of bombing a Wal-Mart because the chain stopped selling the flag, the police chief said Monday.