- Methane from Kekaha landfill could be used to power buses Updated: Jun-02-15 7:49 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai County is planning for a more sustainable future by using methane gas generated from decaying organic matter in the Kekaha landfill to power the public bus fleet.
- Island Air departing Kauai for last time Updated: May-30-15 7:25 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Island Air is departing Kauai for the last time Sunday night. That leaves Hawaiian Airlines as the only inter-island carrier going to the island.
- Committee sets limit on B&B permits Updated: May-29-15 8:27 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A bill approved by the Kauai County Council committee seeks to limit the number of bed-and-breakfast permit applications reviewed per year and to change the way some owners of those establishments operate.
- Coco Palms Resort set to be demolished, revamped Updated: May-23-15 12:49 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - The long-shuttered Wailua resort made famous by Elvis Presley film "Blue Hawaii" is slated for demolition within the next 60 days.
- DuPont Pioneer closes Kekaha site Updated: May-22-15 8:29 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Global seed company, DuPont Pioneer, has shut down its Kekaha facility and will lay off 34 workers.
- Kauai County buys new buses to replace older ones Updated: May-19-15 2:25 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Newer and more reliable transportation is coming to transit riders in Kauai County.
- Hawaii seeks comment on Kauai forest reserve management plan Updated: May-03-15 9:05 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - The state Department of Land and Natural Resources is seeking the public's input on a draft management plan for two forest reserves on Kauai.