- Employees fired after speaking about problems at shelter Updated: Jul-04-15 2:37 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Two managers at Kauai Humane Society have been fired after speaking out about problems at the organization, including euthanasia rates higher than those publically reported.
- Kauai residents debate hiker rescue bill Updated: Jul-03-15 4:42 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Hikers who ignore safety warning signs may have to pay the costs associated with their rescue under a new measure.
- Firefighters extinguish 600-acre brush fire on Kauai Updated: Jun-25-15 9:08 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai firefighters have extinguished a large brush fire in Kaumakani.
- Bats, birds delay removal of invasive albizia trees Updated: Jun-24-15 1:54 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - A $3.5 million project that would remove albizia trees along Kuhio Highway has been delayed until next year to protect endangered Hawaiian species.
- NOAA reviewing responses to humpback sanctuary expansion Updated: Jun-23-15 12:01 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Federal officials are sifting through more than 3,000 written testimonies about a proposal to expand the boundaries of a sanctuary for humpback whales in Hawaii waters.
- Drought continues on Kauai Updated: Jun-20-15 5:01 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Scientists say Kauai's drought is expected to worsen in some areas while improving in others.
- Construction nearly finished at Lihue Airport site Updated: Jun-20-15 2:37 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - An erosion control project in Lihue is nearing completion after it was stalled for more than a year because a bird nesting colony was discovered.
- Proposal would have some hikers pay for rescue service Updated: Jun-14-15 5:01 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - A proposed measure in Kauai County would require rescued hikers to repay the government for recovery missions if they disregard warning signs.
- Kapaia site offered for youth drug treatment center Updated: Jun-08-15 12:53 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Grove Farm has agreed to donate five acres of land so that Kauai County can start building a youth substance abuse treatment center.