- Beane scores 31 points, leads S. Illinois over Drake 75-60 Updated: Feb-13-16 6:44 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Anthony Beane scored 31 points and Southern Illinois pulled away midway through the first half and cruised to a 75-60 victory over Drake on Saturday.
- SIU small business center to close due to no Illinois budget Updated: Feb-12-16 9:12 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Officials at Southern Illinois University say its Small Business Development Center will have to close next month because the state doesn't have a budget.
- Arkansas State women's tennis in back-to-back contests Updated: Feb-11-16 3:10 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State University women's tennis team opens the 2016 dual match season this weekend with back-to-back contests.
- EXCHANGE: iPads enhance learning at Marion schools Updated: Feb-11-16 7:49 am
MARION, Illinois - Only a division equation stood between Brayden Emery and the cartoon zombie, green and gangly, inching near him on the screen.
- Loyola rolls to 73-59 victory over Southern Illinois Updated: Feb-06-16 11:20 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Montel James scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Loyola of Chicago rolled to a 73-59 victory over Southern Illinois on Saturday night.
- Southern Illinois University reports spring enrollment drop Updated: Feb-02-16 5:24 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University at Carbondale is reporting enrollment has dropped more than 5 percent for the spring semester.
- Jackson County sues state over unpaid bills amid budget woes Updated: Jan-23-16 11:40 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Jackson County in southern Illinois is the latest local government to sue the state over unpaid bills caused by the lack of a state spending plan.
- SIU scholarship to go to coal-mining community students Updated: Jan-21-16 11:26 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University has started a new scholarship to help students affected by the upcoming closure of one of the area's biggest coal mines.
- Southern Illinois beats Indiana State 79-66 Updated: Jan-20-16 10:47 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Leo Vincent scored 18 points off the bench as Southern Illinois beat Indiana State 79-66 on Wednesday night.
- Chicago man sentenced to 2 years for SIU bomb threats Updated: Jan-19-16 4:28 pm
BENTON, Illinois - A Chicago man who said he was seeking attention on a campus where he was bullied and harassed has been sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to making bomb threats in a self-declared "war" on Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
- Southern Illinois preparing now for 2017 eclipse tourists Updated: Jan-18-16 11:33 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Tourism officials in southern Illinois say they're already preparing for the Aug. 21, 2017, solar eclipse, which is expected to draw thousands of visitors.