- Athlete making the most out of life after health scares Updated: May-29-15 8:39 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - Before every pitch, Michael Gil steps out of the batter's box and makes the sign of the cross.
- Lease sale closes on Indiana Toll Road for $5.72B Updated: May-28-15 2:06 pm
GRANGER, Indiana - Australian investment consortium IFM Investors has closed on its $5.72 billion purchase of another company and its lease on the Indiana Toll Road was filed Wednesday in federal bankruptcy court in Chicago.
- Northwest Indiana woman first to get electronic brace Updated: May-28-15 9:13 am
MUNSTER, Indiana - As Laurie McCoy moved her arm up and down for the first time in years, she couldn't help but laugh hysterically.
- Replica of Lincoln funeral train to make stop in Hammond Updated: May-25-15 2:38 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A replica of the train car that carried President Abraham Lincoln's body to Illinois following his assassination in 1865 will be on display in Hammond this fall.
- NW Indiana accountant accused of fraud faced 34 counts Updated: May-21-15 5:59 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A federal grand jury has indicted the owner of a northwest Indiana accounting firm on 34 counts, a prosecutor said Thursday.
- After starting with 13, Victory Christian Academy grows Updated: May-20-15 9:36 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Natalie Eichelberg, of Valparaiso, looked on with pride as her preschooler, Elliana Eichelberg, received an award for having read several books over the last few weeks.
- Northwest Indiana struggling to provide new industrial space Updated: May-15-15 2:56 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - Northwest Indiana isn't keeping up with metro areas such as Chicago and Indianapolis when it comes to building large industrial spaces that tenant businesses can move into on short notice, according to commercial real estate experts.
- Northwest Indiana lawmaker to run for governor in 2016 Updated: May-10-15 1:05 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - A state senator from northwest Indiana plans to officially announce Tuesday she plans to run for governor in 2016, saying she offers Indiana voters statewide a new choice.
- Hebron High students study treasures of Chinese Bronze Age Updated: May-07-15 9:16 am
HEBRON, Indiana - Hebron High School student artists are recreating the Chinese Bronze Age as they sculpt bowls and other pieces of fine pottery for class.
- Morningstar CEO's entrepreneurial spirit has Munster roots Updated: May-03-15 12:38 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - The high school yearbook photos show a brightly smiling teen who was active in science club and chess club, and who worked on the stage crews of numerous school plays.