- Fifth-graders are budding engineers Updated: Feb-02-16 5:01 am
CHESTERTON, Indiana - There are budding scientists, designers and engineers in Sue Gore's fifth-grade class at Liberty Intermediate School in Chesterton.
- Coyote gets stuck in vestibule at Valparaiso store Updated: Jan-25-16 7:48 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - A coyote has returned to the wild after getting stuck in a vestibule at a Kohl's department store in Valparaiso.
- Gary needs more federal funds to demolish buildings Updated: Jan-24-16 3:06 pm
GARY, Indiana - After using federal money to demolish nearly 200 buildings, Gary officials say they hope the community will receive even more federal dollars to pay for the mammoth task of tearing down some of the thousands of vacant and blighted structures that line the streets.
- Consumer agency looks to reduce planned utility rate hike Updated: Jan-23-16 1:47 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - A state agency that represents consumers wants Indiana regulators to significantly reduce a utility's proposed rate increase.
- East Chicago greenhouse to become organic garden for needy Updated: Jan-22-16 5:02 am
EAST CHICAGO, Indiana - A Hoosier-made aquaponics system for growing organic fruits and vegetables with zero waste will be used to feed the hungry.
- Former Indiana mayor pleads guilty in embezzlement case Updated: Jan-20-16 2:37 pm
HAMMOND, Indiana - A former northwestern Indiana mayor has pleaded guilty to helping his stepdaughter cover up her embezzlement of funds from a court.
- Nangle, former editor of The Times of Munster, has died Updated: Jan-11-16 6:34 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - William Nangle, who served 20 years as executive editor of The Times of Munster, has died. He was 70.