- Portugal buys 50 percent of TAP airline for $2.1 million Updated: Feb-06-16 11:05 am
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government says it has agreed to buy 50 percent of the country's carrier TAP Air Portugal for 1.9 million euros ($2.1 million).
- Anti-austerity Portuguese government gets EU's OK for budget Updated: Feb-05-16 1:09 pm
LISBON, Portugal - In a tug of war over budgets, the European Commission approved Portugal's so-called anti-austerity spending plan on Friday, but only after extracting a promise for almost $1 billion in additional cost cuts.
- Portugal's new president demands financial discipline Updated: Jan-24-16 6:39 pm
LISBON, Portugal - A center-right candidate scored a resounding victory in Portugal's presidential election Sunday, warning he would use the largely ceremonial post to prevent the center-left anti-austerity government from worsening the debt-heavy country's financial health.
- Porto hires a Portuguese coach to replace fired Spaniard Updated: Jan-20-16 5:25 am
LISBON, Portugal - FC Porto says it has hired Portuguese coach Jose Peseiro on an 18-month contract to replace Spaniard Julen Lopetegui.
- Portuguese court rules to extradite ex-CIA agent to Italy Updated: Jan-15-16 7:20 am
LISBON, Portugal - A Portuguese court has ruled that a former CIA operative convicted of kidnapping an Egyptian cleric as part of an extraordinary renditions program should be turned over to Italy to serve her six-year sentence there, a court official said Friday.
- Porto fires Spanish coach Lopetegui, no word on replacement Updated: Jan-08-16 6:32 am
LISBON, Portugal - FC Porto fired coach Julen Lopetegui on Friday after a three-game winless streak.