- Man who surrendered in 2011 Texas slaying gets 25 years Updated: Jul-24-15 12:07 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A man who last winter called 911 to surrender over a 2011 slaying in Corpus Christi has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Texans pay millions on facility being leased for $1 a month Updated: Jul-20-15 11:53 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A vacant youth lockup in Southeast Texas is being leased to a private charter school company for $1 per month even as state taxpayers continue to pay off the nearly $16 million in bonds issued to build it two decades ago.
- Pro-Bush group with almost $100 million to echo candidate Updated: Jul-10-15 5:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Flush with almost $100 million, a super PAC supporting Republican Jeb Bush's presidential ambitions is plowing ahead on a parallel campaign, promising to use its immense resources in a way that is untested but could revolutionize presidential politics.
- Ex-Mexican cartel leader gets 30 years prison in US Updated: Jun-30-15 4:01 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A former leader of Mexico's notorious Gulf drug cartel has been sentenced to 30 years in a U.S. prison and fined $100 million.
- Texas abortion providers study whether clinics could reopen Updated: Jun-30-15 9:19 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Abortion providers cheered a move by the U.S. Supreme Court to temporarily block part of a Texas law that would have closed more than half the state's 19 remaining abortion clinics. Now they are studying whether it could also allow them to reopen some previously shuttered facilities and whether that would even be feasible.
- Harris County jail crowding sends 100 inmates to Beaumont Updated: Jun-30-15 8:19 am
HOUSTON - About 100 inmates at the overcrowded Harris County jail in Houston will be transferred to a detention center in Beaumont.