- East Carolina: Starting QB suffers season-ending knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 2:17 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina says quarterback Kurt Benkert will miss the season with a knee injury that comes a week after the sophomore was named the starter.
- After 3-year run, season of change arrives for East Carolina Updated: Aug-21-15 10:11 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina has beaten power-conference teams, put up big offensive numbers and even popped into the national rankings during an impressive three-year run. Now the Pirates must prove they have some staying power.
- Judge to rule later on extradition for Salvadoran ex-colonel Updated: Aug-19-15 5:46 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A defense attorney questioned Spain's basis for charging a former Salvadoran colonel with the slayings of several priests during El Salvador's civil war, drawing a skeptical response Wednesday from the judge overseeing his extradition hearing.
- Autopsy determines bullet to head killed Ala. man in freezer Updated: Aug-13-15 6:14 pm
GREENVILLE, Alabama - Authorities in south Alabama say a man whose body was found in his deep freezer died from a gunshot wound to the back of the head.
- Deputies: Semi-pro football coach gave players illegal shots Updated: Aug-11-15 3:46 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say a former semi-pro football coach has been charged with practicing medicine without a license after he gave his players painkilling injections.
- Former Daily Reflector co-publisher, AP board member dies Updated: Aug-10-15 11:49 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A former co-publisher of The Daily Reflector in Greenville and member of The Associated Press board has died.
- Off-duty officer steps into dispute, kills man in shootout Updated: Aug-08-15 5:37 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Detectives are investigating a dispute that escalated into an off-duty North Carolina police officer and a restaurant patron exchanging gunfire that led to the civilian's death.
- East Carolina's offense opens training camp in transition Updated: Aug-08-15 4:26 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - For the past two seasons, East Carolina coach Ruffin McNeill had the comfort of knowing Shane Carden was at quarterback, Justin Hardy was at receiver and Lincoln Riley was calling the offense.
- East Carolina adds ex-Gophers QB Philip Nelson as walk-on Updated: Aug-06-15 10:56 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina has added former Minnesota quarterback Philip Nelson as a walk-on.