- Surviving Freedom Riders recall violence faced 55 years ago Updated: May-23-16 9:56 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In 1961, the Freedom Riders embarked on a journey to change America as they resolved to ride buses from Washington, D.C., to New Orleans while testing how integrated Southern bus stations actually were.
- Attempted heroin hand-off in court nets arrest Updated: May-23-16 9:40 am
OSYKA, Mississippi - A woman who allegedly tried to pass off a bag of heroin to a Pike County jail inmate inside a courtroom finds herself in jail.
- Pike County to borrow $2.5M for land, bridge Updated: May-23-16 7:25 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - Pike County supervisors plan to borrow millions of dollars for industrial and infrastructure projects.
- Bear suspected in Pike beehive turnovers Updated: May-18-16 3:28 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A beekeeper in Pike County says he suspects that a black bear has marauded some of his hives.
- McComb fund sets $5M more for Ole Miss international studies Updated: May-14-16 10:49 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - University of Mississippi officials say a McComb-based charitable fund has agreed to continue supporting an international studies program at the university.
- Winners announced in 2016 Louisiana-Mississippi APME contest Updated: May-07-16 3:48 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Winners of the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press Media Editors contest were announced Saturday in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME awards recognize outstanding performance in journalism. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college journalism.
- 3 contested races set for Supreme Court, 2 for Appeals Court Updated: May-06-16 6:59 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi has three contested races for Supreme Court and two for the Court of Appeals this year.
- Arkansas trucking set as first Pike industrial park tenant Updated: May-02-16 4:01 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A Pike County industrial park has gained an Arkansas trucking company as its first tenant.