- Arkansas trucking set as first Pike industrial park tenant Updated: May-02-16 4:01 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A Pike County industrial park has gained an Arkansas trucking company as its first tenant.
- "American Idol" runner-up sends lawmakers off on a high note Updated: Apr-21-16 5:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - "American Idol" runner-up La'Porsha Renae delivered a soulful rendition of "Amazing Grace" to a standing ovation in the Mississippi House on Thursday, closing the session on a high note.
- Man indicted in shooting death of 10-year-old cousin Updated: Apr-19-16 1:35 am
MAGNOLIA, Mississippi - A McComb man has been indicted for first-degree murder in connection with the Aug. 5, 2015, shooting death of his 10-year-old cousin, according to Pike County Circuit Court records.
- Roll call on House passage of $415 million tax cut bill Updated: Apr-18-16 7:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House voted 73-44 Monday to approve a House-Senate plan to cut $415 million in taxes over 12 years. Supporters say the measure will return needed money to taxpayers and spur business growth. Opponents say Mississippi can't afford tax cuts with a revenue shortfall and say tax cuts haven't helped economies of other states. A yes vote was to approve the bill, while a no vote opposed that action. Voting yes were 66 Republicans and seven Democrats. Voting no were 37 Democrats and seven Republicans. Two Democrats voted present, while one Democrat and one Republican did not vote.
- Correction: Budget Update story Updated: Apr-18-16 9:50 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - In a story April 17 about the Mississippi budget, The Associated Press reported erroneously that State Rep. Sam Mims is from Lakeshore. Mims is from the city of McComb.
- Correctional worker accused of bringing contraband into jail Updated: Apr-07-16 7:59 am
ST. FRANCISVILLE, Louisiana - East Feliciana Parish sheriff's deputies say a correctional officer at Dixon Correctional Institute in Jackson has been arrested after she was allegedly caught bringing 91 grams of synthetic marijuana to work.
- Prison guard arrested, allegedly brings contraband to work Updated: Apr-06-16 1:58 pm
JACKSON, Louisiana - An employee of Dixon Correctional Institute in Jackson has been arrested for allegedly bringing 91 grams of synthetic marijuana to work.