- Ohio's senators offer separate anti-heroin bills Updated: Feb-10-16 3:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Democratic senator on Wednesday offered his own plan for battling the deadly drug overdose epidemic affecting many states, including his own.
- Overdosing Ohio grandmother imprisoned in infant's death Updated: Feb-10-16 1:09 pm
CINCINNATI - An Ohio woman whose infant grandson drowned in a bathtub after she overdosed on heroin has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- Ex-Ohio Gov. Celeste backs unendorsed underdog for US Senate Updated: Feb-10-16 12:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In his U.S. Senate campaign against one former Ohio governor, Democrat P.G. Sittenfeld has landed the support of another.
- Ohio woman indicted in bicyclist's hit-and-run death Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
CINCINNATI - Authorities say a woman has been indicted on charges including two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide in the hit-and-run death of a bicyclist in suburban Cincinnati.
- Ohio county leader to talk sewer district in annual address Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
CINCINNATI - A county leader in southwest Ohio plans to discuss protecting ratepayers who have had to pay more for services from a metropolitan sewer district facing a special state audit.
- 3 Ohio women awarded $600K in Chipotle discrimination suit Updated: Feb-10-16 3:16 am
CINCINNATI - Three women who filed a federal lawsuit accusing Chipotle Mexican Grill of gender discrimination have been awarded a total of about $600,000 in damages.
- Longtime Reds clubhouse manager Bernie Stowe dies at age 80 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Bernie Stowe, who started working as one of the Cincinnati Reds' clubhouse attendants in 1947, died on Tuesday. He was 80 years old.
- U of Cincinnati hires police consultant after fatal shooting Updated: Feb-07-16 1:06 pm
CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati has hired an outside consultant for nearly $400,000 to review its police department for reforms in the aftermath of an officer's fatal shooting of a motorist during a traffic stop over a missing front license plate.
- Cincinnati schools expanding suicide prevention efforts Updated: Feb-07-16 12:31 pm
CINCINNATI - Officials in Cincinnati's schools are expanding anti-suicide efforts after notifying students' families of two teens who took their own lives this year.
- Heroin scourge changes role of police in hard-hit areas Updated: Feb-07-16 11:51 am
CINCINNATI - Forehead furrowed, a woman drags on a Camel cigarette, admitting she has only vague memories of nearly dying five days earlier.
- Sentencing set for trail-hiking embezzlement fugitive Updated: Feb-06-16 6:15 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge in southwest Ohio has scheduled sentencing for March 30 for a Kentucky accountant who spent much of six years as a fugitive hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Cleveland officers not immune from excessive force lawsuit Updated: Feb-05-16 3:16 am
CLEVELAND - A federal appeals court in Cincinnati says two Cleveland police officers aren't immune from a lawsuit accusing them of excessive force in the apprehension of a teen with Down Syndrome.
- Cincinnati uses big second half to upend South Florida 88-57 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:56 pm
CINCINNATI - Troy Caupain finished with 18 points and a career-high 10 assists while Gary Clark added 16 points and 13 boards as Cincinnati used a strong second half to beat South Florida 88-57 Thursday night.
- Senate candidate's father, aide's family give to super PAC Updated: Feb-04-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than half of the money raised last year for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate P.G. Sittenfeld by a super political action committee came from his father and a campaign aide's family, according to federal reports.
- Senators visit Cincinnati to hear medical marijuana opinions Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two state senators are stopping in Cincinnati as part of an effort to gather public opinions about medical marijuana.
- Suspects captured after chase through parts of 3 states Updated: Feb-03-16 3:05 am
CINCINNATI - Police say they chased a fleeing car 55 miles through parts of three states before the occupants surrendered in a Skyline Chili parking lot near Cincinnati.
- Ohio judge mulls 'Zombie Nativity' man's Ohio zoning case Updated: Feb-02-16 2:47 pm
CINCINNATI - It's still alive: a judge plans to rule March 15 on a southwest Ohio man's challenge to zoning citations for a holiday "Zombie Nativity" display in his yard.
- Cincinnati chief unveils new violence reduction strategy Updated: Feb-02-16 4:15 am
CINCINNATI - Police in Cincinnati have announced a new strategy that will focus on geographic areas of the city where gangs and groups are behind the gun violence authorities are trying to reduce.
- Firefighter's death increases retirement rate in Cincinnati Updated: Feb-01-16 6:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Fire officials in Cincinnati say the retirement rate has increased since the death last year of a firefighter in the line of duty.
- Ohio court approves class action in speed camera case Updated: Feb-01-16 3:35 pm
CINCINNATI - A state appeals court approved class action status on Monday for thousands of motorists fined for speeding in a southwest Ohio village with citations issued from automatic camera enforcement.
- Legal costs involving convicted Ohio judge could reach $1.7M Updated: Feb-01-16 11:26 am
CINCINNATI - The cost of court cases brought for and against a juvenile court judge in southwest Ohio who was convicted of a felony charge after a legal battle over her election as judge could reach nearly $1.7 million.
- Judge OK sought to settle blind student suit against college Updated: Feb-01-16 8:36 am
CINCINNATI - A judge is to hear final details of an agreement to settle a blind student's lawsuit accusing Miami University in Ohio of using technology that presented a barrier to her education.
- Ohio police officer charged with felony theft count Updated: Jan-28-16 9:59 am
CINCINNATI - A police officer has been charged with theft in office in southwestern Ohio.
- Hospital stops performing abortions for fetal anomalies Updated: Jan-28-16 3:06 am
CINCINNATI - The last hospital in the Cincinnati area that allowed doctors to perform abortions after a fetal anomaly diagnosis has stopped allowing that option.
- Man killed, daughter injured in Cincinnati bus accident Updated: Jan-27-16 11:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Police say a Cincinnati Metro bus has struck and killed a 73-year-old man and injured his daughter.