- Veblen man accused of leaving child alone in car outside bar Updated: May-19-16 7:44 am
VEBLEN, South Dakota - A Veblen man is accused of leaving a child alone in a car while he got drunk in a bar.
- South Dakota native is next radio voice of NDSU football Updated: May-18-16 10:51 am
FARGO, North Dakota - South Dakota native Jeff Culhane has been named the next radio play-by-play voice of the five-time defending national champion North Dakota State University football team.
- Mayor's Corn Palace murals proposal getting mixed reviews Updated: May-17-16 8:18 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A proposal by Mitchell Mayor Jerry Toomey to change the murals on the Corn Palace tourist attraction only every other year is receiving mixed reviews.
- Work set to begin on Mitchell Coca-Cola distribution plant Updated: May-14-16 1:16 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Workers in Mitchell are preparing the land for a new $2.7 million Coca-Cola distribution plant, less than a year after the previous facility suffered heavy damage in an August fire.
- 2 South Dakota students named US Presidential Scholars Updated: May-09-16 6:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two South Dakota students have been named U.S. Presidential Scholars.
- Children's choir from South Dakota to sing at Twins game Updated: May-08-16 12:45 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A children's choir from South Dakota is scheduled to sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at a Minnesota Twins game in June.
- Analysis: Average farm pumps more than $1M into economy Updated: May-08-16 9:31 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - An analysis has found that the average South Dakota farm pumped more than $1 million into the local economy last year.
- Mitchell's newly renovated Corn Palace has lighting problems Updated: May-03-16 9:13 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - City officials in Mitchell aren't happy with the Corn Palace's outdoor lighting following a $4.7 million renovation, saying it doesn't adequately showcase the tourist attraction's domes and corn murals at night.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-28-16 11:27 am
Argus Leader, Sioux Falls, April 23, 2016
- Dakota Wesleyan AD position going from father to son Updated: Apr-28-16 10:14 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The athletic director position at Dakota Wesleyan University will stay in the family.