- Corn murals on Mitchell's Corn Palace won't change in 2016 Updated: May-06-16 10:53 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The murals on the Corn Palace tourist attraction in Mitchell will stay in place a year longer than planned.
- Mitchell's newly renovated Corn Palace has lighting problems Updated: May-03-16 9:13 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - City officials in Mitchell aren't happy with the Corn Palace's outdoor lighting following a $4.7 million renovation, saying it doesn't adequately showcase the tourist attraction's domes and corn murals at night.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-28-16 11:27 am
Argus Leader, Sioux Falls, April 23, 2016
- Dakota Wesleyan AD position going from father to son Updated: Apr-28-16 10:14 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The athletic director position at Dakota Wesleyan University will stay in the family.
- South Dakota farm income takes big drop in 2015 Updated: Apr-25-16 1:59 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - South Dakota farmers in 2015 saw a drop in income of more than $100,000 from 2014, according to a study by the South Dakota Center for Farm/Ranch Management at Mitchell Technical Institute.
- Mitchell science teacher earns national award Updated: Apr-17-16 9:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell science teacher has been recognized with a national award.
- Dumping leaves in Lake Mitchell might soon be illegal Updated: Apr-15-16 7:41 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Dumping grass, leaves or tree branches into Lake Mitchell might soon be against the law.
- Rejected wind farm project might resurface in next county Updated: Apr-07-16 1:57 pm
LETCHER, South Dakota - A proposed wind farm project rejected by commissioners in Davison County might resurface in neighboring Sanborn County, and some residents there aren't happy about it.