- Chafee's campaign leaves some NH Democrats a bit puzzled Updated: Jul-04-15 3:13 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Presidential candidate Lincoln Chafee stands before a few dozen people at a meeting of New Hampshire's Belknap County Democrats. The Republican-turned-independent-turned-Democrat gets nods of approval when he tells them he was the only Republican senator to vote against authorizing the war in Iraq.
- Kitten thrown at wall, dies, during domestic dispute Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of throwing a 2-week-old kitten across a room into a wall, killing it, during a domestic disturbance.
- Report: Plane pulled up to avoid hitting house Updated: Jun-25-15 6:49 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A preliminary report on a small plane crash in Laconia, New Hampshire, last week, indicates the engine started sputtering shortly after takeoff and that the plane pulled away to avoid hitting a house.
- Body of missing boater found in Lake Winnipesaukee Updated: Jun-24-15 2:52 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Authorities have found the body of a Lake Winnipesaukee boater who disappeared over the weekend.
- Injured pilot identified in New Hampshire plane crash Updated: Jun-19-15 6:26 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Authorities have identified the pilot who was injured when the small plane he was flying crashed in central New Hampshire.
- Speedway to feature racing during Laconia Motorcycle Week Updated: Jun-19-15 4:09 am
LOUDON, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Motor Speedway will feature three days of motorcycle racing as Laconia Motorcycle Week heads into its final weekend.
- Motorcycle Week pays tribute to veterans Updated: Jun-18-15 4:11 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Motorcycle Week participants in Laconia are celebrating veterans.
- Meeting planned to address 'red list' bridge in Laconia Updated: Jun-15-15 4:09 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Transportation officials are planning a public meeting to address rehabilitation of a "red list" bridge that carries U.S. Route 3 over the New Hampshire Railroad by Weirs Beach in Laconia.
- Police seeking suspects after 15 reports of vandalism Updated: Jun-12-15 8:08 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Police in two New Hampshire communities are seeking the public's help with vandalized vehicles, businesses and mailboxes.
- Hassan speaking at event to kick off Motorcycle Week Updated: Jun-11-15 6:55 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is speaking at an event kicking off Motorcycle Week in Laconia, highlighting its impact on New Hampshire's economy and travel and tourism industry.
- Disorderly conduct charge dismissed against man at meeting Updated: Jun-10-15 7:32 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A judge has dismissed a disorderly conduct complaint against an Alton man who called on the selectboard to resign at a meeting, saying his criticism was protected speech under the First Amendment.
- Blurry lines between bikers, police clubs draw concern Updated: Jun-07-15 12:46 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Police officers and outlaw biker gangs often stand on common ground. Both attract the young and adventurous who value order, discipline and brotherhood. And on weekends tens of thousands of cops routinely trade their cruisers and badges for choppers and club colors.