- Man shoots his girlfriend while preparing to clean gun Updated: Jul-04-15 11:44 am
PUYALLUP, Washington - Puyallup police say a 22-year-old woman was shot in the abdomen as her boyfriend prepared to clean his gun.
- Mariners hit 4 HRs in 9-5 win over A's Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
OAKLAND, California - J.A. Happ acknowledged his frustration through a series of losses and no-decisions that had piled up since early May. He got a breather Friday night.
- Tacoma uses US Open human waste to make potting soil Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Thanks to the thousands of visitors who came to the U.S. Open, Tacoma will be able to replenish its supply of popular potting soil. The secret ingredient? Human waste.
- Sheriff: Burglars find woman dead, steal her identity Updated: Jun-27-15 4:11 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Two men accused of finding a Washington woman's body when they burglarized her home, then hiding the body and assuming her identity, have been arrested, a Pierce County sheriff's spokesman says.
- Forest Service officers interpretive language service Updated: Jun-27-15 10:34 am
TACOMA, Washington - The U.S. Forest Service program is starting a new program that aims to help non-native English speakers enjoy their visit to national forests.
- Man gets 16 years for wreck that killed 1, injured 3 Updated: Jun-27-15 9:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - A 31-year-old Roy, Washington, man has been sentenced to 16 years in a traffic crash that killed one man and injured three other people.
- Former soldier gets 18 years for beating girlfriend to death Updated: Jun-26-15 6:14 am
TACOMA, Washington - A former Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier has been sentenced to 18 years and eight months in prison for beating his girlfriend bloody with a vacuum cleaner and then strangling her.
- Seattle calls up Franklin Gutierrez from Triple-A Tacoma Updated: Jun-24-15 8:20 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have called up outfielder Franklin Gutierrez from Triple-A Tacoma, nearly two years after he last played in a major league game.
- Critics of Pierce County prosecutor file recall petition Updated: Jun-24-15 7:46 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist is the target of a recall campaign.
- $2M bail set for man charged with Orting mother's murder Updated: Jun-24-15 6:53 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County judge has set a $2 million bail for the man charged in the death of an Orting woman who went missing for more than two weeks before her body was found in a ravine.
- US Open donates 70,000 pounds of leftover food to food banks Updated: Jun-24-15 11:16 am
LAKEWOOD, Washington - Pierce County food banks and are bursting with food such as honey-baked hams and tri-tip steaks after the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay donated roughly 70,000 pounds of leftovers.
- Investigators look for cause of Tacoma Marina fire Updated: Jun-22-15 6:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - Cleanup is underway after a fire destroyed more than 30 boats at a Tacoma marina.
- Home rentals for US Open not quite the boon some expected Updated: Jun-21-15 3:32 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Renting out homes for the U.S. Open golf tournament didn't turn out to be quite the windfall some South Puget Sound residents were expecting.
- Tacoma-area woman charged in assault of boyfriend's child Updated: Jun-20-15 3:50 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma-area woman has been charged with assault of her boyfriend's 4-year-old son.
- Last Craigslist killing defendant sentenced, again Updated: Jun-20-15 9:13 am
TACOMA, Washington - The last of four defendants in the 2010 home invasion robbery and killing of a man who advertised a ring on Craigslist has been sentenced to 97 years in prison for his role.
- Hazmat scare at Wash. college found to involve pudding Updated: Jun-16-15 11:49 pm
LAKEWOOD, Washington - Hazardous material scares aren't unusual these days but the one that briefly shut down a campus building at a college near Tacoma, Washington, involved - pudding.
- Diver missing in Tacoma, Wash., waters is Ore. woman Updated: Jun-12-15 11:01 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Police in Tacoma, Washington, have identified a missing scuba diver as a Portland, Oregon, woman.
- Judge: No conflict of interest for Troy Kelley's lawyer Updated: Jun-12-15 3:02 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Federal prosecutors say they're satisfied that an attorney for indicted Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley does not have a conflict of interest that might warrant his removal from the case.
- Teen rescued after 30-foot fall at Mount Rainier park Updated: Jun-11-15 10:16 pm
ASHFORD, Washington - A Mount Rainier National Park spokeswoman says park rangers have rescued an injured 18-year-old man who fell 30 to 40 feet in an area below Christine Falls.
- Court revives lawsuit against Tacoma police Updated: Jun-11-15 6:14 am
SEATTLE - The Washington state Court of Appeals has revived a lawsuit filed by a nurse who says she was handcuffed and forced out of her home when a Tacoma police SWAT team bashed in the wrong door.
- Wash. caregiver charged with 2nd degree murder Updated: Jun-10-15 12:44 am
TACOMA, Washington - The Pierce County prosecutor's office says a Spanaway, Washington, caregiver has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of a man in his care.
- Bank robber who used juveniles in heists get 7 years Updated: Jun-09-15 2:06 pm
SEATTLE - A federal judge in Seattle has sentenced a 31-year-old King County man to seven years in prison for his involvement in eight bank robberies in Western Washington.
- Officers from 36 agencies to help police US Open Updated: Jun-09-15 9:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - About three dozen law enforcement agencies are helping provide security for the U.S. Open golf tournament at Chambers Bay.
- Sumatran tiger at Tacoma zoo dies Updated: Jun-08-15 10:05 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Sumatran tiger that had been battling a brief illness has died at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma.
- Bottle-fed baby leopards make debut at Washington zoo Updated: Jun-08-15 11:42 am
TACOMA, Washington - Four clouded leopard cubs are now on display at a Tacoma, Washington, zoo.