- Savvy skiers, snowboarders never pay full price Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
TACOMA, Washington - If I bought lift tickets at the ski resort closest to home for my wife, two teenage kids and me, it would set us back $264.
- Pierce County prosecutor drops appeal of misconduct ruling Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County prosecutor's office has dropped their appeal of a judge's finding of prosecutorial vindictiveness in a long-running sex-abuse case.
- Water supply back to normal in Seattle, Everett and Tacoma Updated: Nov-23-15 7:57 pm
SEATTLE - City officials say water supply levels in Seattle, Everett and Tacoma are back to normal.
- Shippers still harbor hopes for Port of Portland service Updated: Nov-23-15 2:11 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Severely diminished container service at the Port of Portland hasn't yet irreversibly changed shipping strategies, but that pattern won't hold forever, according to a freight expert.
- Glendale set to name Kevin Phelps as its new city manager Updated: Nov-20-15 3:20 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Kevin Phelps is set to become the new city manager of Glendale.
- Runner dies in collision with Amtrak train in Tacoma Updated: Nov-19-15 11:15 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Police say a man in his 30s died after he was hit by an Amtrak train in Tacoma.
- Pierce County bans e-cigarettes for minors, vaping in public Updated: Nov-19-15 7:55 am
TACOMA, Washington - Minors in Pierce County who have taken up vaping will have to stop come January, as officials have decided to regulate electronic cigarette products in the same way as cigarettes.
- Prosecutors allege court clerk asked for help soliciting sex Updated: Nov-18-15 4:39 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County prosecutors have accused a deputy court clerk of accessing records through his job to find a former jail inmate and asking for help arranging for sex with a juvenile.
- Mill owner admits to trafficking in illegally cut maples Updated: Nov-17-15 11:11 am
TACOMA, Washington - The owner of a lumber mill in southwest Washington has pleaded guilty to trafficking in big leaf maple trees that were illegally harvested from national forest lands.
- Suspect arrested in death of Tacoma teen Updated: Nov-17-15 5:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - Authorities say they have arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting death of a Tacoma teenager.
- Chinese troops to visit US Army base for medical drills Updated: Nov-16-15 1:59 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The month after a U.S. Navy warship sailed by an artificial Chinese island in the contested waters of the South China Sea, the Department of Defense is reaching out with a friendlier gesture.
- 15-year-old boy arrested in shooting of 19 year old Updated: Nov-14-15 12:18 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma police have arrested a 15-year-old boy believed to be the gunman in the Nov. 7 shooting of a 19-year-old in Tacoma.
- Seattle hires Scott Brosius as Triple-A hitting coach Updated: Nov-12-15 7:20 pm
SEATTLE - Former major leaguer Scott Brosius has been hired as the hitting coach for Triple-A Tacoma in the Seattle Mariners organization.
- Deputy files damage claim against prosecutor in Washington Updated: Nov-10-15 1:58 pm
TACOMA, Washington - An embattled county prosecutor in Washington state is the subject of a new $6.5 million damage complaint filed with Pierce County's risk management division.
- Welcome rain improves outlook for Puget Sound water supply Updated: Nov-10-15 1:26 pm
SEATTLE - Rains in the Puget Sound region have boosted the area's water supply, and residents of Seattle, Everett and Tacoma are no longer being asked to reduce their water use by 10 percent.
- Woman sustains serious injuries jumping onto Interstate 5 Updated: Nov-07-15 2:38 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A 22-year-old woman has been taken to a hospital after jumping off an overpass and landing on the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 in Tacoma.
- Suspect slams stolen car head-on into sheriff vehicle Updated: Nov-05-15 12:40 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A suspect in a stolen truck crashed head-on into a Pierce County sheriff's patrol vehicle before fleeing the scene.
- Charges increased in murder of missing mother Updated: Nov-04-15 6:38 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County prosecutors say they are upping the charges in the killing of an Orting woman who was missing for more than two weeks before her decomposed body was found in a ravine.
- The Latest: Seattle 'democracy voucher' measure passing Updated: Nov-04-15 1:46 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Voters in Washington were deciding the fate of two statewide initiatives and scores of local races Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the election:
- Tacoma police investigate second fatal shooting Updated: Nov-03-15 10:43 am
TACOMA, Washington - Another person has been fatally shot in Tacoma.
- Man who strangled sleeping wife sentenced to 20 years Updated: Nov-03-15 5:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - A man who admitted strangling his wife with a belt has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- 13 hospitalized during Washington's FreakNight festival Updated: Nov-02-15 11:12 am
TACOMA, Washington - Authorities say 13 people were hospitalized during Washington's FreakNight electronic dance show.
- Port Orchard man sentenced to 4 years in prison Updated: Oct-30-15 5:52 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A federal judge has sentenced a Port Orchard man to four years in prison on wire fraud and tax evasion charges.
- Boy fatally shot on Joint Base Lewis-McChord identified Updated: Oct-30-15 6:12 am
TACOMA, Washington - Authorities have identified the 13-year-old boy who was fatally shot by a friend at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- Creepy Halloween doll in carpool lane doesn't fool officer Updated: Oct-28-15 11:11 am
TACOMA, Washington - Washington state troopers have seen drivers use all kinds of tricks to get access to carpool lanes.