- Pierce County dad gets 70 years for infant's beating death Updated: Feb-06-16 11:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison for beating his 2-month-old daughter to death in their DuPont home.
- Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal member sentenced for sex crimes Updated: Feb-06-16 10:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - Justice Department officials say an enrolled member of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe has been sentenced to life imprisonment for aggravated sexual abuse of a minor.
- JBLM team returns from somber mission in Delaware Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
TACOMA, Washington - Airmen from Washington's Joint Base Lewis-McChord have regularly traveled to Delaware to help handle the bodies of slain military service members, but that task may be coming to an end.
- Test finds lead in water fixtures at 2 Gig Harbor schools Updated: Feb-05-16 4:16 am
TACOMA, Washington - The Peninsula School District has informed families that high levels of lead have been found in water fixtures at two Gig Harbor schools.
- Man charged with murder in Washington may be in Los Angeles Updated: Feb-04-16 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a man charged with murder in Tacoma, Washington may be in the Los Angeles area, and the brother charged with helping him flee is in custody.
- Skier from Washington dies after accident in Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-04-16 10:50 am
PALMERTON, Pennsylvania - A Washington State man injured while skiing in northeastern Pennsylvania has died.
- Man charged with murder in Tacoma convenience store shooting Updated: Feb-03-16 6:12 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Prosecutors have charged a 29-year-old man with murder in a fatal shooting at a Tacoma convenience store.
- Lawmakers resigns over questions about military record Updated: Feb-02-16 9:20 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington State Rep. Graham Hunt of Orting announced his resignation from the Legislature on Tuesday after recent questions that he exaggerated his service in the military.
- Man shot to death outside Tacoma convenience store Updated: Feb-01-16 5:17 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Police say a man was shot to death as he sat in his car outside a Tacoma convenience store and gas station.
- Software for Washington colleges needs improvement Updated: Feb-01-16 9:37 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Officials say the $100 million computer software system for Washington state's community colleges will likely cost another $10 million before it's ready for use.
- Suit against Olympia School District cites hazing of student Updated: Jan-28-16 4:28 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A lawsuit has been filed in federal court against the Olympia School District on behalf of a former student, alleging the district should have done more to protect him from a hazing ritual.
- Senate panel passes reversal of transgender bathroom rule Updated: Jan-27-16 10:55 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A bill that would eliminate Washington's new rule allowing transgender people to use bathrooms and locker rooms in public buildings consistent with their gender identity passed out of a Senate committee 4-3 Wednesday.
- JBLM rocket battalion heading back to Iraq Updated: Jan-27-16 8:35 am
TACOMA, Washington - Joint Base Lewis-McChord is preparing to send one of its artillery units to Iraq and Kuwait to help fight the Islamic State group.
- 2 injured in Highway 167 road rage shooting in Auburn Updated: Jan-26-16 12:16 pm
AUBURN, Washington - Authorities say a road-rage shooting on Highway 167 that injured two people in Auburn late Monday night may have been gang related.
- JBLM planning rocket artillery testing for March Updated: Jan-20-16 11:25 am
TACOMA, Washington - The U.S. Army is planning to test artillery at a base in Washington despite objections from some nearby residents.
- Subpoenas approved for documents about release of prisoners Updated: Jan-19-16 10:58 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Legislative subpoenas will be issued for documents related to the erroneous early release of thousands of prisoners in Washington state following a vote by a Senate panel Tuesday night.
- Mother killed in front of daughter identified, man charged Updated: Jan-19-16 6:35 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the mother who was fatally shot in front of her 5-year-old daughter outside their home.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in apartment fire in south Tacoma Updated: Jan-18-16 6:43 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma fire officials say a woman has died and a 5-year-old boy was injured after a fire broke out at an apartment in South Tacoma.
- Man convicted of drug trafficking through pot dispensaries Updated: Jan-17-16 10:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - The Justice Department says a 37-year-old man who tried to hide illegal drug dealing behind a medical marijuana dispensary was convicted on two federal drug charges.
- Great-grandson of Buffalo Soldier retires at Lewis-McChord Updated: Jan-13-16 1:32 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The first African American command sergeant major at Joint Base Lewis-McChord's I Corps retired Tuesday from the Army with a ceremony that paid homage to the all-black cavalry regiments that once patrolled the American West.
- 18-year-old fatally shot outside Tacoma apartment building Updated: Jan-12-16 5:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - Authorities are looking for a suspect who shot and killed an 18-year-old man in an apartment complex parking lot in Tacoma.
- Model Train Festival in 20th year Updated: Jan-10-16 2:02 am
TACOMA, Washington - For 9-year-old Wes Robison of Port Orchard, it's hard to explain a love affair with trains.
- Classic cars complete cross-country cruise Updated: Jan-08-16 1:38 pm
DETROIT - Three vintage cars are back home in the Motor City.
- 2 found dead after fires in Shoreline, Tacoma Updated: Jan-08-16 11:02 am
SHORELINE, Washington - Fire officials say two people have been found dead after house fires in Shoreline and Tacoma.