- Yankees get Ackley from Mariners in 3-player trade Updated: Jul-30-15 6:36 pm
- Tacoma recycling company fined again for toxic spill Updated: Jul-30-15 5:26 pm
TACOMA, Washington - For the second time in five months, the state has fined a Tacoma recycling company for spilling toxic waste.
- Tacoma man wants Spokane's Wilson Elementary renamed Updated: Jul-29-15 11:25 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A Tacoma man wants Spokane Public Schools to rename Wilson Elementary because he says the 28th president was a segregationist and a racist.
- Bomb experts called after explosive turned in at Tacoma dump Updated: Jul-28-15 11:07 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma dump was briefly closed Tuesday when someone turned in an explosive to the hazardous waste station.
- Remains found on Mount Rainier could be missing Tacoma hiker Updated: Jul-28-15 8:08 pm
MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Washington - A park official says remains found on Mount Rainier may be that of a 64-year-old Tacoma man who went missing while hiking last year.
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-28-15 3:34 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a Washington state newspaper that ran a story about a low-budget horror movie.
- Tacoma libraries to close for 2 weeks in August Updated: Jul-28-15 6:14 am
TACOMA, Washington - Those looking for some late summer reading in Tacoma should stock up on material since the city's library system will close for two weeks starting Aug. 17.
- Seattle, Tacoma and Everett ask people to conserve water Updated: Jul-27-15 5:59 pm
SEATTLE - The cities of Seattle, Tacoma and Everett are asking people to avoid wasting water in response to the hot, dry weather and low river levels.
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-27-15 2:55 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a story featuring a low-budget horror movie in The Olympian.
- Tribal member charged with biting, punching federal officer Updated: Jul-27-15 11:11 am
TACOMA, Washington - A tribal jail inmate faces new charges after he bit and punched a federal officer during an escape attempt.
- Lakewood officers found justified in fatal shooting Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 am
LAKEWOOD, Washington - Two Lakewood police officers were found to have been justified in fatally shooting a man in a lumberyard in April.
- Tacoma man charged in death of girlfriend's toddler Updated: Jul-23-15 6:20 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma man has been charged with killing his girlfriend's 1-year-old son after the boy's mother brought the child to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital Saturday.
- Rifle-toting men guard Washington recruiting office Updated: Jul-22-15 12:05 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee, two citizens grabbed their AR-15 rifles, took personal days from work and stood guard in front of the Army recruiting office in Spanaway, Washington.
- Hotel fire forces 30 guests to flee rooms; no one was hurt Updated: Jul-21-15 2:32 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma fire officials say about 30 guests at a hotel in Tacoma were forced to flee Tuesday morning when a fire broke out in a stairwell.
- Death of Tacoma 14-month-old determined to be homicide Updated: Jul-19-15 12:55 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Pierce County medical examiner has determined the death of a Tacoma toddler was a homicide.
- 59-year-old Tacoma man drowns in Skykomish River Updated: Jul-19-15 12:17 pm
MONROE, Washington - The Snohomish County Sheriff's office says they have recovered the body of a 59-year-old Tacoma man who drowned in the Skykomish River on Saturday.
- Mariners recall righty reliever Tom Wilhelmsen from Triple-A Updated: Jul-17-15 4:37 pm
NEW YORK - The Seattle Mariners have recalled right-handed reliever Tom Wilhelmsen from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Men pulled off plane in drug arrest Updated: Jul-17-15 12:19 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Three men were pulled off a plane at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport are facing drug charges after police found five pounds of marijuana in the door of a vehicle outside a hotel.
- Beloved walrus at Washington state zoo dies after surgery Updated: Jul-17-15 9:43 am
TACOMA, Washington - Officials at a Washington state zoo say a much-loved 33-year-old walrus has died after surgery.
- Fake Pierce County deputy demands money to prevent arrest Updated: Jul-17-15 6:14 am
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma police are warning of a man pretending to be a Pierce County Sheriff's deputy on residents' voicemails and demanding money to prevent arrests.
- Special session costs top $440,000 for Washington lawmakers Updated: Jul-16-15 11:20 am
TACOMA, Washington - Special session costs may exceed a half-million dollars by the time legislators finish their third stint of overtime in Olympia.
- Elwah ferry out of service for 4 months for repairs Updated: Jul-15-15 12:05 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - During the height of the busiest ferry season, one of Washington State Ferries mid-sized vessels will be out for repairs for the next four months.
- Susan Powell's father-in-law guilty in child pornography case Updated: Jul-13-15 8:55 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The father-in-law of Susan Powell, a Utah woman who went missing six years ago, has been found guilty of possessing child pornography.
- Law named for Tacoma runaway sparks debate Updated: Jul-13-15 8:32 pm
TACOMA, Washington - More than 20 years after the parents of a 13-year-old girl runaway pushed Olympia lawmakers to pass the Becca Bill, critics still argue that the bill does more harm than good.
- Tacoma mayor to propose $12 minimum wage for ballot Updated: Jul-12-15 11:44 am
TACOMA, Washington - Tacoma's mayor wants to put a proposal for a $12 minimum hourly wage on the fall ballot to compete with a citizen's initiative seeking a $15 wage.