- Warren County gets $100k for a bond reimbursement Updated: May-17-16 7:57 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Warren County Board of Supervisors has accepted a $100,000 check for reimbursement of a bond on former Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley Palmertree.
- New paddlewheeler makes maiden voyage on Mississippi Updated: May-14-16 5:55 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - American Cruise Lines' newest paddlewheeler, America, has made her maiden voyage with a seven-day New Orleans roundtrip cruise that made its northernmost stop in Vicksburg.
- Vicksburg mayor asks to repeal closing old fire station Updated: May-14-16 1:57 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - This city's oldest fire station may not close after all.
- Michigan historian dies on visit to Civil War battlefield Updated: May-13-16 8:08 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan historian credited with greatly enhancing a museum in Muskegon has died while visiting a Civil War battlefield in Mississippi.
- Missouri monument at Vicksburg to be fixed with federal cash Updated: May-09-16 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The federal government is picking up the tab to repair a monument to Missouri's Civil War troops at the Vicksburg National Military Park.
- New cruise ship to stop in Vicksburg on first voyage Updated: May-09-16 7:18 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The paddle wheeler America is expected to stop in Vicksburg Tuesday as it makes its maiden voyage for owner Connecticut-based American Cruise Lines.
- Warren sheriff seeks new jail as county frets over financing Updated: May-01-16 12:44 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace says his county needs a new jail, but county supervisors say that with stagnant tax receipts, they're unsure how to finance one.
- Some postal services return to downtown Vicksburg Updated: Apr-24-16 6:35 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - People who don't want to leave downtown Vicksburg can now buy stamps and send packages at a party and stationery store. But they'll still have to go to the U.S. post office 10 minutes away for registered or certified mail.