- 2 artificial islands rebuilt seabird rookery: 2000 nests Updated: May-25-16 8:28 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - Two artificial islands created for seabird nesting have been rebuilt, and are more successful than biologists had hoped, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says.
- SLCC to offer new diploma program in oil, gas field Updated: May-25-16 7:59 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - South Louisiana Community College will offer a new technical diploma program in oil and gas production technology, which is set to begin during the fall semester at the college's New Iberia campus.
- Iberia Parish considers new regulations on mobile home parks Updated: May-09-16 8:07 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - Iberia Parish is considering halting all new mobile home parks in the parish while researching how best to regulate the developments.
- Correction: Louisiana Chimps Moving story Updated: May-05-16 12:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In a story May 3 about chimpanzees, The Associated Press reported erroneously, based on information from the organization Project Chimps, that a university laboratory in Louisiana was the first non-federal lab to agree to move all of its chimpanzees to sanctuary. The nonprofit organization said later the New Iberia Research Center was one of the first non-federal programs to release its entire population of research chimps.
- The Latest: Animal advocate: 'High time' chimps were moved Updated: May-03-16 3:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on chimps being moved from Louisiana lab to sanctuary (all times local):
- Protesters call for Louisiana sheriff's resignation Updated: Apr-28-16 8:37 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - Protesters in Lousiana rallied outside the Iberia Parish courthouse for more than two hours calling for the sheriff to resign.