- DA rules out charges in handcuffed man's fatal shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 4:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana prosecutors on Friday ruled out any criminal charges in the death of a 22-year-old man who was fatally shot while handcuffed behind his back in the rear of a patrol car.
- DA rules out charges in handcuffed man's fatal shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 pm
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - State prosecutors have ruled out any criminal charges in the death of a south Louisiana man who was fatally shot while handcuffed in the back of a patrol car.
- State to study Iberia Parish railroad crossing where 5 died Updated: Feb-04-16 11:13 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - State officials are reviewing an Iberia Parish railroad crossing where five people were killed almost two months ago.
- Safety experts: site of fatal train-car wreck is dangerous Updated: Jan-24-16 8:02 pm
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - A New Iberia railroad crossing where five people were killed is dangerously near a highway intersection, leading to traffic backups that can trap vehicles in a train's path, safety experts say.
- Man hit and killed by train in New Iberia Updated: Jan-18-16 4:13 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - An Iberia Parish spokesman says a 55-year-old man has been killed by a train in New Iberia.
- New House speaker has kept low profile as a state lawmaker Updated: Jan-13-16 6:18 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As a rank-and-file lawmaker, Louisiana's new House Speaker Taylor Barras wasn't one to seek the spotlight. The Republican from New Iberia never chaired a committee, and he wasn't the face of high-profile debates during his first eight years in office.
- Officials announce name, contract award for airport terminal Updated: Jan-13-16 10:56 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - The Iberia Parish Airport Authority has announced the contract award for an Acadiana Regional Airport passenger terminal that will be named after a decorated New Iberia fighter pilot.
- Louisiana House rejects John Bel Edwards' pick for speaker Updated: Jan-11-16 4:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House spurned Gov. John Bel Edwards' pick to be its speaker, handing the new governor his first legislative defeat as lawmakers selected their leaders Monday at the start of the four-year term.
- Latest: Edwards sworn in as Louisiana's 56th governor Updated: Jan-11-16 1:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest developments from Inauguration Day in Louisiana:
- Bruce Foods sells Mexican foods line Updated: Jan-07-16 4:06 pm
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - New Iberia-based Bruce Foods Corp. has sold its Mexican foods business to California-based Teasdale Foods Inc.