- AP Interview: Qatar energy minister wants 'fair' oil price Updated: May-24-16 11:02 am
DOHA, Qatar - The oil market is slowly recovering from its steep drop over the past two years but crude is still not trading at a "fair price" to encourage necessary investment, Qatar's energy and industry minister said Tuesday, ahead of next week's meeting of OPEC producers.
- UN chief urges Mideast states to press for Syria transition Updated: May-21-16 4:17 pm
DOHA, Qatar - The United Nations chief used a visit to Qatar on Saturday to call on Middle Eastern countries and world powers to press Syria's warring parties to turn their attention to a political transition in the war-torn nation.
- IOC in contact with prosecutors amid Tokyo payment report Updated: May-11-16 1:52 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC said Wednesday it remains in contact with French prosecutors following allegations of a secret $1.5 million payment made during Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics.
- Egypt court recommends death for 2 Al-Jazeera employees Updated: May-07-16 2:07 pm
CAIRO - An Egyptian court on Saturday recommended the death sentence against six people, including two Al-Jazeera employees, for allegedly passing documents related to national security to Qatar and the Doha-based TV network during the rule of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.
- Semenya early Olympic 800 favorite after winning in Doha Updated: May-06-16 5:02 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Caster Semenya made herself the early Olympic front-runner by easily winning the women's 800 meters in the Doha Diamond League meet on Friday.
- Allyson Felix out of Doha meet with minor ankle injury Updated: Apr-28-16 5:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - Organizers say Olympic 200-meter champion Allyson Felix has pulled out of the Diamond League meet in Doha next week because of a "minor" ankle injury she picked up in training.