- Ex-treasurer admits to stealing $65,000 from teachers union Updated: Aug-29-15 1:05 pm
CHARLEROI, Pennsylvania - The former treasurer of a western Pennsylvania teachers union has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $65,000 from the organization's emergency strike fund.
- Powerful painkiller found in heroin linked to overdoses Updated: Aug-27-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Federal authorities have linked a powerful synthetic painkiller to heroin believed to be responsible for four recent overdose deaths in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Supreme Court suspends license of ex-judge who stole cocaine Updated: Aug-20-15 8:59 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court says the law license of a former Common Pleas judge who stole cocaine from evidence packages will be temporarily suspended.
- Ex-chief probation officer gets probation for county theft Updated: Aug-19-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A former chief probation officer will spend three years on probation for stealing $3,500 from a western Pennsylvania county that was supposed to be used for martial arts lessons he never took.
- Man acquitted by reason of insanity in wife's shooting death Updated: Aug-15-15 2:38 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man who authorities said killed his wife, made coffee and then called 911 to report the slaying has been acquitted by reason of insanity in her murder.
- Pennsylvania country clubs report golf shoe scams to police Updated: Aug-13-15 9:04 am
MCMURRAY, Pennsylvania - Two southwestern Pennsylvania country clubs are reporting attempted scams involving golf shoes.
- Officer resigns, gets probation for tipping off prostitute Updated: Aug-07-15 9:08 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A southwestern Pennsylvania police officer has resigned and been sentenced to two years' probation for tipping off a woman he used to date about a prostitution sting.