- La. education board sets grading scale for Common Core tests Updated: Oct-13-15 5:20 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state school board has set the student grading scale for Common Core-aligned standardized tests.
- Blanche Francis, wife of former Xavier president, dies Updated: Oct-13-15 4:50 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Blanche Francis, a civic activist and community leader in New Orleans for more than five decades and wife of Xavier University president emeritus Norman Francis, has died.
- Groundbreaking for $16M fast-food warehouse in Walker Updated: Oct-13-15 4:44 pm
WALKER, Louisiana - Officials of a fast-food distribution company headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois, and Gov. Bobby Jindal have broken ground for a $16 million warehouse in Walker.
- Louisiana governor candidates short on budget fix specifics Updated: Oct-13-15 3:46 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The four men who want to be Louisiana's next governor largely agree that patchwork fixes and generous tax breaks have left the state in dire need of a financial overhaul and awash in red ink.
- Plaquemines sheriff: 46 arrested, 8 wanted in drug roundup Updated: Oct-13-15 2:18 pm
BELLE CHASSE, Louisiana - Plaquemines Parish Sheriff Lonnie Greco says a year-long undercover drug investigation has wound up with 46 alleged street-level drug dealers arrested and eight more wanted.
- Documents detail dispute between figures in Ray Nagin case Updated: Oct-13-15 11:39 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has unsealed several documents connected to two prominent figures in former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin's corruption case, revealing more details of a financial dispute involving the former government witnesses.
- Former Lafayette superintendent seeks court review of ouster Updated: Oct-13-15 11:18 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Former Lafayette Parish Schools Superintendent Pat Cooper isn't giving up on his legal challenge of his termination even after a district judge found last month that the school board had grounds to fire him.
- BP to reimburse Louisiana for legal fees, litigation cost Updated: Oct-13-15 10:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - BP will reimburse $58.25 million to the Louisiana Attorney General's Office for its expenses, fees and litigation costs tied to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Southern, La. Tech, UL-Lafayette take LSWA honors Updated: Oct-13-15 9:42 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the first time in the 2015 football season, there were no repeat winners in the selection for Louisiana Sports Writers Association Players of the Week.
- Cost of Jindal's state police security detail has doubled Updated: Oct-13-15 9:24 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The cost of Gov. Bobby Jindal's security detail has doubled to more than $3 million since the Republican governor entered office nearly eight years ago, but the Louisiana State Police says the hefty price increase isn't largely driven by Jindal's frequent travel.
- BP to reimburse Louisiana $58.2M for legal fees, other costs Updated: Oct-13-15 8:46 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Energy company BP will reimburse the Louisiana Attorney General's Office $58.2 million for its expenses, fees and litigation costs tied to the 2010 oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.
- St. Tammany Parish leads state in Medicare spending Updated: Oct-13-15 8:22 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Five Louisiana parishes, led by St. Tammany, are among the 20 counties with the highest Medicare per capita spending in the country. That's according to a report from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- New Orleans, Ohio group working on business opportunities Updated: Oct-13-15 8:14 am
NEW ORLEANS - Officials at the Port of New Orleans plan to work with industry leaders from the Central Ohio River corridor to find new business opportunities between that region and the port.
- Free Trade Zone may expand to include 3 parishes Updated: Oct-13-15 7:35 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - England Authority officials are seeking to have Free Trade Zone status expanded to all of Rapides, Avoyelles and Grant parishes.
- Man dies after train and log truck collide Updated: Oct-13-15 4:46 am
PLAIN DEALING, Louisiana - A Louisiana man has died after his tractor trailer collided with a train in Bossier Parish.
- Ethics Board fines Jefferson Parish Councilman Chris Roberts Updated: Oct-13-15 4:05 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state Board of Ethics has fined Jefferson Parish Councilman Chris Roberts for filing overdue campaign finance reports just hours after he qualified to run for re-election in the Oct. 24 primary.
- Budget process about to begin in New Orleans Updated: Oct-13-15 4:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu is preparing to unveil his 2016 budget proposal.
- Saints say they're sticking together as losses mount Updated: Oct-12-15 8:04 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints veterans and coach Sean Payton appear committed to putting a brave face on a 1-4 start that has the Saints a lot closer to irrelevance than anything else.
- Management company to buy Vicksburg DiamondJacks casino Updated: Oct-12-15 7:33 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The company that has run Vicksburg's DiamondJacks casino since it came out of bankruptcy in 2013 will buy it.
- Louisiana lieutenant governor candidates tout backgrounds Updated: Oct-12-15 4:11 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In a race with few contentious issues, the candidates running for lieutenant governor tried to distinguish themselves Monday with their records in other elected offices.
- Funeral held for Louisiana celebrity chef Paul Prudhomme Updated: Oct-12-15 4:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Hundreds of mourners have paid respects to the man who brought Louisiana's rural Cajun cooking to the forefront of American cuisine and kept it there for decades.
- Man arrested after crashing plane he took for Texas joyride Updated: Oct-12-15 2:44 pm
WASKOM, Texas - A Louisiana man has been arrested after authorities say he took an airplane without the owner's permission from an East Texas airport outside Marshall and later crashed.
- La.-Lafayette acknowledges NCAA probe, sanctions itself Updated: Oct-12-15 1:57 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette officials say their football program is under investigation by the NCAA because a former assistant coach allegedly schemed to fraudulently boost certain recruits' standardized test scores.
- Remains found in burned vehicle in St. Tammany Parish Updated: Oct-12-15 1:56 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - The St. Tammany Parish Coroner's Office and sheriff's office are investigating human remains found inside a burned-out vehicle in the Sun area.
- Pointe Coupee Parish police juror's re-election bid barred Updated: Oct-12-15 1:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Pointe Coupee Parish police juror has been disqualified from seeking a fourth term.