- 2 SW Louisiana stations playing nothing but Christmas Updated: Nov-29-15 6:15 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas - and nothing but Christmas - on two southwest Louisiana radio stations.
- Hawaii snaps 8-game skid, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe Updated: Nov-29-15 2:48 am
HONOLULU - Paul Harris ran 27 times for 166 yards and a touchdown to help Hawaii snap an eight-game losing streak on Saturday night, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe.
- Grambling State beats Southern University 34-23 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Johnathan Williams threw three touchdowns and ran for a fourth as Grambling State scored 28-consecutive points in a 34-23 comeback victory over Southern University in the Bayou Classic on Saturday.
- Gray Jr. has 22, leads Houston past Louisiana-Monroe 76-64 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:12 pm
HOUSTON - Rob Gray Jr. had a career-high 22 points and LeRon Barnes added 15 with 11 rebounds as Houston had a strong second half to beat Louisiana Monroe 76-64 on Saturday night.
- Man killed outside Prohibition Bar in French Quarter Updated: Nov-28-15 8:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A fistfight outside a French Quarter bar turned deadly when someone pulled a gun and shot a 26-year-old New Orleans man, police said Saturday.
- Coroner IDs man killed outside bar in New Orleans Updated: Nov-28-15 8:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest on a shooting that killed a 26-year-old man on Bourbon Street (all times local):
- Woman convicted of killing her children appeals to US court Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Mathews woman convicted of killing her two young children is asking a federal judge to overturn that conviction.
- Life sentence upheld in Iberia Parish girl's scalding death Updated: Nov-28-15 8:14 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A state appeals court has upheld the conviction of a New Iberia man for beating his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter and then scalding her to death.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff holds on for 62-60 win over SE Louisiana Updated: Nov-28-15 7:21 pm
WEST POINT, New York - JoVaughn Love hit two late jump shots and grabbed a rebound off a missed free throw to help Arkansas-Pine Bluff hold on for a 62-60 win over Southeastern Louisiana in the Barclays Center Classic on Saturday night.
- Shreveport police: Man, 28, wanted in girlfriend's killing Updated: Nov-28-15 6:29 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport police are looking for a man accused of killing his girlfriend at her home.
- Appalachian State rolls over Louisiana-Lafayette 28-7 Updated: Nov-28-15 5:25 pm
BOONE, North Carolina - Jalin Moore rushed for 104 yards and a touchdown and Taylor Lamb threw for 172 yards and another score as Appalachian State scored a touchdown in every quarter to beat Louisiana-Lafayette 28-7 on Saturday.
- Authorities: Lindsay Lohan's stepmother removed from plane Updated: Nov-28-15 5:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A coast-to-coast flight was diverted to New Orleans to remove actress Lindsay Lohan's stepmother, authorities said Saturday.
- Southern Miss beats La. Tech 58-24, clinches C-USA West Updated: Nov-28-15 4:33 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Nick Mullens threw three touchdown passes and Ito Smith ran for three scores and Southern Mississippi rolled to a 58-24 victory over Louisiana Tech on Saturday to clinch the Conference USA West Division title.
- Tulane fires Johnson after 3 losing seasons in 4 years Updated: Nov-28-15 12:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane has fired coach Curtis Johnson after the Green Wave finished their third losing season in four years under the New Orleans native.
- Historic re-enactors gather at former French fort Updated: Nov-28-15 4:01 am
PRAIRIE DU ROCHER, Illinois - A group of historic re-enactors is setting up camp at a former French fort in southern Illinois as a tribute to an 18th century voyage from southeast Missouri to New Orleans.
- Louisiana Tech beats NC Central 71-50, off to 5-0 start Updated: Nov-27-15 10:36 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Qiydar Davis scored 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for his first career double-double, helping Louisiana Tech past North Carolina Central 71-50 on Friday night, improving to 5-0 which is the program's best start since 1990 .
- Man holes up in apartment for 5 hours after neighbor shot Updated: Nov-27-15 7:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A mentally ill man suspected of shooting his neighbor barricaded himself in his apartment in New Orleans for about five hours before surrendering to police.
- Gardner-Webb pulls away late, beats SE Louisiana 77-68 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Tyrell Nelson scored 11 points with back-to-back layups late to help Gardner-Webb pull away and beat Southeastern Louisiana 77-68 at the Barclay's Center Classic on Friday night.
- New Orleans police: Standoff over as suspect surrenders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a mentally ill man suspected of shooting his neighbor before barricading himself in his apartment has surrendered.
- Former Louisiana governor, Edwards, out of hospital Updated: Nov-27-15 6:40 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards is back home after spending Thanksgiving in the hospital.
- Police ID suspect in New Orleans shooting that wounded 17 Updated: Nov-27-15 4:41 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans police on Friday identified a suspect in a shooting last weekend at a playground that wounded 17 people.
- Loyola University president touts $11.5M savings plan Updated: Nov-27-15 3:58 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Faced with trying to win the support of disgruntled faculty members, Loyola University New Orleans President the Rev. Kevin Wildes has announced that he is planning to slice the university's spending by $11.5 million over the next five years.
- Restaurants donating oyster shells to protect the coast Updated: Nov-27-15 2:53 pm
BURAS, Louisiana - Standing amid mounds of discarded oyster shells, restaurant workers and oil company employees have been hard at work gathering the shells in preparation for them to be returned to the ocean to create spawning areas for oysters.
- Politics, policing collide in La. town where boy was killed Updated: Nov-27-15 2:21 pm
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - When a 6-year-old autistic boy died in a hail of bullets fired by a pair of moonlighting deputy city marshals, many residents of this central Louisiana town were surprised to learn that local police weren't the only ones patrolling their streets.
- LGBT homeless teens in Baton Rouge to get housing Updated: Nov-27-15 12:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Baton Rouge nonprofit emergency shelter for young people has opened a new facility specifically geared toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth.