- Stafford citizens form multicultural coalition Updated: Feb-07-16 12:47 pm
STAFFORD, Virginia - Allen Goad's commute home July 3, 2015, left him alarmed and angry.
- Project to remove trees on I-95 in Jasper County delayed Updated: Feb-07-16 6:16 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Some unexpected problems with cutting down trees on Interstate 26 north of Charleston has led to delays in a project meant to improve the safety of the southern part of Interstate 95 in South Carolina.
- Longwood gets by Charleston Southern 78-76 in double OT Updated: Feb-06-16 8:11 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Kanayo Obi-Rapu made nine of his 17 points in two overtime periods and Tra'Vaughn White made two free throws with 29 seconds left in the second extra period to give Longwood a 78-76 victory over Charleston Southern on Saturday night.
- Camellia season underway at SC's historic Middleton Place Updated: Feb-06-16 6:50 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Middleton Place on the Ashley River outside of Charleston is beginning its camellia season with workshops and walks through the plantation's gardens.
- College of Charleston rolls over Drexel 60-38 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:40 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Cameron Johnson scored 16 points and had four steals to lead the College of Charleston past Drexel 60-38 on Saturday for the Dragons' eighth-straight loss.
- Man charged in Upstate killing may be heading to Lowcountry Updated: Feb-06-16 12:26 pm
WOODRUFF, South Carolina - Police in the Upstate say the suspect they have charged with killing a man outside a home may be trying to make it back home to the Charleston area.
- Cruise liner based in SC for almost 6 years sailing off Updated: Feb-06-16 8:50 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Carnival Cruise Lines vessel Fantasy, which has been based in South Carolina for almost six years, is sailing off this weekend and being replaced by another vessel.
- DHEC chief attending energy symposium in Charleston Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Offshore oil and gas, solar power and nuclear energy in South Carolina are the focus of an energy forum being held in Charleston.
- Brantley's double-double leads Charleston over Towson 65-47 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Jarrell Brantley scored 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds, and Charleston dealt Towson a 65-47 loss on Thursday night.
- Charleston leaders plan to clear tent city within 2 months Updated: Feb-04-16 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston leaders say a tent city where the homeless have been encamped will be cleared within two months.
- Coast Guard rescue stations in SC, Oregon open till 2018 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:00 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Coast Guard helicopter search-and-rescue stations on the Oregon and South Carolina coasts will remain open at least until 2018.
- Man killed in shooting in suburban Charleston Updated: Feb-04-16 10:39 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston police are investigating a fatal shooting in the city's West Ashley suburbs.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Feb-03-16 6:29 pm
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- Trial delayed for Charleston church shooting suspect friend Updated: Feb-03-16 2:48 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A federal judge has granted a delay in the trial for Joey Meek, the friend of the man charged in the Charleston church shootings.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Feb-03-16 11:06 am
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Charleston added to suit over arts center construction Updated: Feb-03-16 7:29 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The city of Charleston has been added to a lawsuit stemming from the construction of the most expensive municipal building in Charleston.
- Man charged with hit and run death in North Charleston Updated: Feb-03-16 7:10 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A Summerville man has been was arrested in a hit and run death in North Charleston last month.
- Business official calls for tax reform, fewer regulations Updated: Feb-02-16 7:43 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The head of the National Association of Manufacturers says American lawmakers should worry more about reforming the nation's tax code and easing business regulations than about the economy in other nations.
- Charleston tour guide tests trigger free-speech lawsuit Updated: Jan-28-16 2:01 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - In a dispute that's being played out in several historic cities, some would-be Charleston tour guides say their right to free speech is being violated by an ordinance requiring guides to pass written and oral exams.
- DOT proposing widening key sections of Interstate 26 Updated: Jan-28-16 7:38 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Department of Transportation is proposing a $725 million plan to widen two key stretches of Interstate 26 in South Carolina.
- North Charleston opening city's largest fire station Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - North Charleston is holding a ribbon cutting ceremony for the city's largest fire station.
- Johnson leads Winthrop past Charleston Southern 97-72 Updated: Jan-27-16 10:28 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Keon Johnson pumped in 10 3-pointers and posted a season-high 36 points to help power hot-shooting Winthrop to a 97-72 romp past Charleston Southern in a Big South battle Wednesday night.
- Safety, drainage top priorities of new Charleston mayor Updated: Jan-27-16 8:06 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Public safety and improving storm drainage are the top priorities of Charleston's first new mayor in four decades.
- Victims want names of abusive Charleston priests published Updated: Jan-27-16 7:20 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Victims of childhood sexual abuse are renewing calls for the statewide Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston to publish a list of priests accused of misconduct with minors.
- Senators advance bill protecting people who film police Updated: Jan-26-16 6:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill protecting people's right to film or photograph police officers in South Carolina without threat of arrest advanced Tuesday to the Senate floor, where it's already being held up.