- Central New York man pleads guilty in bar shooting Updated: May-04-16 12:43 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A 23-year-old central New York man has pleaded guilty to attempted murder and assault in connection with a bar shooting that injured six people.
- Authorities identify man who drowned in central NY canal Updated: May-03-16 6:34 am
SYLVAN BEACH, New York - Authorities say a body has been pulled out of the Erie Canal in central New York beach after a man jumped into the waterway to retrieve his tackle box and couldn't get out of the water.
- Researchers delve into rare Frederick Douglass photo mystery Updated: May-02-16 1:28 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Researchers in upstate New York are trying to determine where and when a rare photograph of Frederick Douglass was taken.
- Authorities identify central NY man killed by falling tree Updated: May-02-16 6:09 am
LYSANDER, New York - Authorities have identified a man who died after a tree fell on him during a logging accident in central New York.
- Police: Man shot to death in convenience store parking lot Updated: Apr-30-16 1:37 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police are investigating a shooting death in a convenience store parking lot in Syracuse.
- Police release name of man killed in crash on I-81 Updated: Apr-28-16 7:39 am
PARISH, New York - Authorities have released the name of the man who was killed when a pickup truck crashed on Interstate 81, closing the highway's northbound lanes north of Syracuse for nine hours.
- Detectives make 2nd arrest in Onondaga Nation murder Updated: Apr-27-16 5:32 pm
ONONDAGA, New York - Sheriff's detectives have charged a second person in connection with the death of a 33-year-old man found in a vacant lot on the Onondaga Nation in central New York.
- New York sex offender faces up to 2 years in prison Updated: Apr-26-16 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - A registered sex offender who was wearing an electronic tracking device when he abused two New York City subway riders faces up to two years in prison.
- 2 men plead guilty in Christmas night attack in Syracuse Updated: Apr-26-16 12:50 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Two men have pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in connection with a Christmas night attack in downtown Syracuse.
- AP Source: Mike Tirico leaving ESPN this summer for NBC Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN and ABC Sports this summer when his contract expires to work for NBC, a person familiar with the move told The Associated Press on Monday.
- A tribute to New York City, Syracuse star Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-21-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - There wasn't much space left to stand in the park when we got there. We were lucky to be standing behind a group of kids we had by five, six inches each. Everyone was there for the same reason: to see Pearl. No last name needed. Pearl was coming to play in a summer league game, and that meant a big crowd and few seats - only hot cement.
- NY school bus driver arrested on charges related to porn Updated: Apr-21-16 6:53 am
TYRE, New York - A 37-year-old school bus driver from central New York has been arrested on charges related to child pornography.
- Police: Doctor hid 2 cameras in hospital ICU's bathroom Updated: Apr-21-16 2:34 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A New York doctor is accused of hiding two surveillance cameras in a bathroom of a hospital's intensive care unit.
- Former Syracuse star Pearl Washington dies at 52 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - There was a gleam that shone through the sorrowful tears in Jim Boeheim's eyes as he recalled the first time he saw Pearl Washington play.
- Signature moments of the career of the late Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-20-16 3:10 pm
Former Syracuse star Pearl Washington, who died Wednesday in New York from complications of a brain tumor, was a playground star in his native Brooklyn.
- Syracuse police identify shooting victim as 26-year-old man Updated: Apr-20-16 6:59 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Police in Syracuse have identified a man who was fatally shot on a city street earlier this week.
- 54-year-old Syracuse man found dead from exposure Updated: Apr-19-16 7:04 am
LIVERPOOL, New York - Sheriff's detectives have identified a body discovered over the weekend at Onondaga Lake Park outside Syracuse as that of a 54-year-old homeless man reported missing earlier this month.
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Updated: Apr-18-16 4:03 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Freshman guard Malachi Richardson of the Syracuse Orange is entering his name into the NBA draft but will not sign with an agent.
- Ex-Syracuse player pleads not guilty to stabbing 2 players Updated: Apr-18-16 12:05 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A former Syracuse University football player has pleaded not guilty to stabbing two current Orange players with a pocket knife.
- Police: 17-year-old girl injured in Syracuse shooting Updated: Apr-16-16 7:06 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police are searching for two suspects after a 17-year-old girl was shot in the arm and hand in Syracuse.
- Syracuse football star Floyd Little to get honorary degree Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Three-time All-American running back Floyd Little is being honored by his alma mater.
- Trump campaign comes to northern New York Updated: Apr-14-16 5:14 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - Donald Trump is making some more stops in upstate New York ahead of the state's April 19 primary, with events scheduled in Plattsburgh, Syracuse and Watertown.
- Wild sign 2014 1st-round pick Alex Tuch Updated: Apr-13-16 6:28 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild have signed former first-round draft pick Alex Tuch to a three-year, entry-level contract starting next season.
- New York State Fair's new RV park accepting reservations Updated: Apr-13-16 12:48 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The new recreational vehicle park at the New York State Fairgrounds is accepting reservations for this year's fair season.
- Voters in Syracuse zoo contest name new penguin "Otto" Updated: Apr-13-16 12:47 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A male Humboldt penguin chick born in March at Syracuse's Rosamond Gifford Zoo finally has a name. Call him Otto.