- Syracuse police investigate fatal shooting of 19-year-old Updated: Feb-08-16 1:38 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police in Syracuse say they're investigating the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man on the city's north side.
- Air Force colonel charged with rape in central New York Updated: Feb-05-16 7:49 am
ROME, New York - State police say a U.S. Air Force officer based at a military research facility in central New York has been charged with rape.
- Canadian man sentenced in NY for smuggling 12 people into US Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A 39-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to five years in an American federal prison for illegally smuggling 12 people across the border into the United States.
- Syracuse arrests 27 people with alleged gang connections Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities in Syracuse have arrested 27 alleged gang members in the aftermath of the shooting deaths of two young men.
- Syracuse dismisses 2 football players for rules violations Updated: Feb-04-16 5:16 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Sophomore defensive ends Qaadir Sheppard and Amir Ealey have been dismissed from the Syracuse football program for a violation of team rules.
- Syracuse Orange sign 20 players on signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 4:20 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - With a new coach in Dino Babers and a new, fast-paced offense to be installed, Syracuse signed just one quarterback on Wednesday but added power along both sides of the line among its 20 recruits.
- NY state cop: Not reporting missing college guns was mistake Updated: Feb-03-16 9:10 am
SYRACUSE, New York - State police in New York say they erred by failing to alert the public last fall that troopers were looking for four shotguns that had fallen out of a Syracuse University campus security vehicle.
- Gbinije's 17 leads Syracuse past Virginia Tech 68-60 OT Updated: Feb-03-16 12:41 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Down seven points with just over two minutes left in regulation, Michael Gbinije pulled out his best Yogi-ism and helped lead the Orange to a thrilling 68-60 overtime win over Virginia Tech Tuesday night.
- Cannone scores 3, Central wins AHL All-Star Challenge Updated: Feb-02-16 12:13 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Chicago Wolves forward Pat Cannone scored three goals and Rockford IceHogs goalie Michael Leighton posted a shutout in the championship game as the Central Division beat the Atlantic Division 4-0 to win the AHL All-Star Challenge on Monday night at the Syracuse War Memorial.
- Honeywell cleanup of Onondaga Lake runs into problems Updated: Jan-29-16 3:08 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Honeywell's state-ordered cleanup of Onondaga Lake has suffered recent setbacks.
- Demolition to start at site of former NY chocolate factory Updated: Jan-28-16 10:10 am
FULTON, New York - The central New York plant that produced Nestle chocolate products for more than a century is being torn down.
- No injuries in separate crashes involving NY school buses Updated: Jan-28-16 6:14 am
LYSANDER, New York - State police say there were no injuries when two school buses were involved in separate crashes on central New York roads.
- Syracuse guard Michael Gbinije excelling for Orange Updated: Jan-27-16 4:57 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - With one simple remark after losing to North Carolina, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim paid the ultimate compliment to Michael Gbinije when asked whether Gbinije was tired at the end of the game.
- NY state to spend $1.5M to fix long-defunct train platform Updated: Jan-27-16 5:44 am
SYRACUSE, New York - New York state plans to spend $1.5 million to restore an abandoned train platform in downtown Syracuse that hasn't been used in more than 50 years.
- Group: Time to merge Syracuse, Onondaga County governments Updated: Jan-26-16 7:03 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A citizen group consisting of some of the Syracuse area's most influential people is making a push to merge the city's operations with those of Onondaga County.
- No. 14 Louisville women beat Syracuse 71-53 Updated: Jan-25-16 9:56 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Myisha Hines-Allen scored a career-high 27 points with 10 rebounds and No. 14 Louisville beat Syracuse 71-53 on Monday night for its 12th straight victory.
- Authorities ID man killed when pickup truck hits guard rail Updated: Jan-25-16 7:11 am
GEDDES, New York - Authorities have identified a man who was killed in a crash on state Route 5 in central New York.
- 2nd Canadian man sentenced in NY for pot-smuggling operation Updated: Jan-25-16 6:46 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The second of two Canadian men convicted of running a multi-million-dollar marijuana-trafficking operation has been sentenced in a New York court.
- Man convicted of child pornography sentenced to prison for perjury Updated: Jan-25-16 4:43 am
SYRACUSE, New York - An upstate New York man convicted of transporting child pornography has been sentenced to an additional 1½ years for lying about his finances while seeking a court-appointed attorney to defend him.
- American white pelican lands in upstate New York Updated: Jan-25-16 3:03 am
SYRACUSE, New York - An American white pelican is still prowling Syracuse's Inner Harbor.
- Carrier Corp. to lay off workers in central New York Updated: Jan-22-16 3:07 am
DEWITT, New York - Carrier Corp. is notifying workers of impending layoffs at its operation in the Syracuse suburb of DeWitt.
- Fashion designers, NFL team up on 50 footballs for charity Updated: Jan-21-16 3:41 pm
NEW YORK - Are you ready for some (bespoke) football? With Super Bowl 50 on the horizon, the NFL and the Council of Fashion Designers of America teamed up to deck out a half-century's worth of pigskins to raise money for the league's charitable foundation.
- Syracuse cops: 2 men hospitalized after they're shot in van Updated: Jan-20-16 6:46 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say two men are hospitalized after they were shot while sitting inside a van in central New York.
- As Northeast braces for storm, snow wallops Syracuse area Updated: Jan-20-16 6:12 am
SYRACUSE, New York - As the East Coast braces for what could be heavy snowfall later this week, the Syracuse area already has more than a foot of snow.
- Desperate times for No. 20 Duke after 3 straight losses Updated: Jan-19-16 2:15 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference's "Sportsmanship Week" didn't get off to the best start with questions about a lack of postgame handshakes by Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, which may have crystallized the Blue Devils' mounting frustrations.