- Accident claims life of worker at central NY waste hauler Updated: May-26-16 8:33 am
DEWITT, New York - Authorities say they're investigating an industrial accident that has claimed the life of an employee of a Syracuse-area waste removal business.
- NY town raises stink over plans for neighboring pig farm Updated: May-25-16 8:08 am
SKANEATELES, New York - Some residents and officials in a popular Finger Lakes community aren't happy about a farmer's plans to raise more than 2,000 pigs in a neighboring town.
- Gov. Cuomo to make announcement at New York State Fair Updated: May-25-16 7:28 am
GEDDES, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo is heading to central New York to make an announcement at State Fair, where a $50 million renovation project is underway.
- New York state college lists top 10 new species for 2016 Updated: May-23-16 6:06 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A sea dragon with stunning shades of ruby red and pink and a dainty damselfly are among the top 10 new species of 2016.
- Police: 15-year-old boy shot in Syracuse Updated: May-22-16 8:46 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say they are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was shot in Syracuse.
- Upstate NY man faces 500-year sentence for child pornography Updated: May-21-16 8:40 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A 40-year-old central New York man has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges stemming from his producing and distributing images of infants and toddlers being sexually abused.
- Trial of man charged in New York teen's slaying wrapping up Updated: May-20-16 11:08 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Closing arguments are being made in the trial of a central New York man charged with stabbing a 16-year-old girl to death and wounding the victim's mother.
- Syracuse University appoints Daniel French interim AD Updated: May-19-16 11:39 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse University has appointed Daniel French as interim athletic director.
- Cops: Woman hits parked, crashes into store; pedestrian hurt Updated: May-19-16 7:01 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say a central New York woman ran a stop sign, hit a parked car into a pedestrian and then crashed into a bodega.
- Diaco fires up UConn's NYC base with promise of progress Updated: May-18-16 8:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bob Diaco was doing his best to get the crowded bar on the East Side of Manhattan fired up about Connecticut football, running down all the reasons to be hopeful about the Huskies taking another step forward.
- NY National Guard unit to conduct 4-day training mission Updated: May-18-16 12:30 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Members of the a New York Army National Guard infantry unit will be on the move this week as they conduct training ahead of maneuvers in Louisiana this summer.
- Aspen Dental to add 400 jobs in Syracuse Updated: May-18-16 12:20 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Aspen Dental Management Inc. plans to move its headquarters to downtown Syracuse and add up to 400 jobs in the next four years.
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft Updated: May-17-16 6:01 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Syracuse's Malachi Richardson, who last month entered his name into the NBA draft to get a sense of his chances at being selected, has decided to forgo his college career after excelling at the NBA combine.
- 72 indicted, dozens arrested in Syracuse-area drug busts Updated: May-17-16 1:02 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say they've indicted 72 people who are accused of being involved in a major drug ring operating between New York City and central New York.
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse Updated: May-17-16 12:51 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei, the leading scorer in Division I women's basketball last season, is transferring to Syracuse, Orange coach Quentin Hillsman announced Tuesday.
- Lawsuit: Woman calls police for help, gets forced into sex Updated: May-17-16 12:33 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A woman who says she was forced to have sex with an upstate New York police officer while reporting her daughter missing has filed a lawsuit.
- Syracuse University replacing Carrier Dome's inflatable roof Updated: May-17-16 8:06 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse University will replace the Carrier Dome's inflatable roof with a permanent structure as part of a plan to renovate the 36-year-old stadium and another campus athletic facility.
- Feds: Upstate NY man robbed same bank twice within 4 days Updated: May-17-16 5:51 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal authorities have indicted a 26-year-old Syracuse man, accusing him of robbing the same bank twice only four days apart.
- Police: NY man stabbed trying to help woman being attacked Updated: May-16-16 7:01 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Police in central New York say a man was stabbed multiple times while trying to help a 70-year-old woman who was also stabbed multiple times.
- Donald Newhouse receives honorary degree from Syracuse U Updated: May-15-16 7:45 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Nearly seven decades after leaving Syracuse University to join his father's growing newspaper empire, Donald Newhouse returned Sunday to receive something that was missing from his resume - a degree.
- Erie Canalway Trail 80 percent complete, work continues Updated: May-15-16 11:59 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Progress continues to be made around New York state on the Erie Canalway Trail.
- VP Biden reflects on son's death at Syracuse Law convocation Updated: May-13-16 7:59 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Vice President Joe Biden told graduates at Syracuse University's College of Law Friday that they should pursue success in their careers without losing sight of their values or family, as he reflected on the death of his son, former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, who succumbed to brain cancer last year.
- Smoking material on porch caused Syracuse fire that killed 6 Updated: May-12-16 4:03 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say a Syracuse house fire that killed four children and two adults was an accident caused by smoking materials left on a porch.
- Minnesota picks Mark Coyle from Syracuse as AD Updated: May-11-16 8:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mark Coyle was the athletic director at Syracuse for about 10 1/2 months, leaving the school with an opening for a second straight year.
- Cops: Man hit by gunfire while traveling on I-81 in Syracuse Updated: May-11-16 8:47 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say a 23-year-old man is hospitalized with gunshot wounds suffered when someone opened fire on the vehicle he was riding in as it traveled on Interstate 81 in Syracuse.