- Rescuers search for missing in deadly Guatemala trash slide Updated: Apr-28-16 3:49 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Hundreds of rescue workers are picking through a Guatemalan garbage dump looking for bodies or possible survivors a day after a massive slope of trash collapsed, killing at least four people.
- Belize says Guatemala "amassing" troops in border areas Updated: Apr-22-16 3:53 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - The tiny Central American country of Belize has accused larger neighbor Guatemala of "amassing" troops along the two countries' border following the death of a 13-year-old boy in a shooting incident apparently involving Belizean soldiers.
- Guatemalan ex-president linked to new scandal Updated: Apr-15-16 7:10 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Former Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina and his then-vice president led a criminal organization that collected at least $30 million in bribes to award a contract to build a port terminal, the country's attorney general and an international anti-corruption commission announced Friday.
- Guatemala prosecutors target lawmakers over racism complaint Updated: Apr-14-16 4:29 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Prosecutors are seeking to have the immunity of office withdrawn from eight Guatemalan lawmakers over a complaint of racially tinged insults directed at an indigenous governor, officials said Thursday.
- Guatemala bank raid, probe target Venezuelan's account Updated: Apr-08-16 7:57 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan prosecutors raided the offices of a bank and froze some $20 million worth of the bank's shares on Friday as part of a money-laundering probe involving a Venezuelan man.
- Guatemala sentences 5 for killing of Argentine folk singer Updated: Apr-07-16 9:10 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A judge in Guatemala has sentenced a Costa Rican man and four Guatemalans to 30 years in prison for the 2011 killing of Argentine folk singer Facundo Cabral.
- Guatemala accuses 14 of forcing farmers to sell their land Updated: Apr-06-16 6:42 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan prosecutors have arrested 14 people who allegedly forced poor farmers to sell their land at cut-rate prices.
- US back on track in qualifying with 4-0 win over Guatemala Updated: Mar-30-16 12:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - American soccer fans fretted for four days: If the United States lost to Guatemala once again, the U.S. would have little chance to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.