- 2nd group of Cuban migrants stuck in Costa Rica flown out Updated: Feb-05-16 4:56 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A second group of Cuban migrants was traveling through Central America toward the United States on Friday after being stranded in Costa Rica for months when Nicaragua closed its border to them.
- Guatemala tries 2 for alleged abuse of women in civil war Updated: Feb-01-16 5:06 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - A retired military officer and a former paramilitary went on trial Monday for alleged abuses against women during this Central American nation's long and bloody civil war.
- Guatemala Cabinet member quits after named as tax delinquent Updated: Jan-25-16 9:02 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - One of Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales' Cabinet officials is out just 11 days into his administration.
- Guatemala: Antigua ex-mayor among 11 arrested in graft case Updated: Jan-21-16 3:10 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - The former mayor of the popular tourist city of Antigua and 10 other officials and private citizens were arrested Thursday in a case of alleged corruption, Guatemalan authorities announced.
- Uncertainty in Guatemala as new president takes office Updated: Jan-14-16 10:29 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - TV comic and political neophyte Jimmy Morales was sworn in as Guatemala's president on Thursday amid uncertainty over how he plans to run the Central American nation beset by entrenched poverty, rampant corruption and violent criminal gangs.
- Stranded Cuban migrants make plans to cross Mexico Updated: Jan-14-16 12:37 pm
MEXICO CITY - Nearly 200 Cuban migrants who recently arrived in southern Mexico after being stranded several months in Costa Rica began making plans on Thursday to travel to the border with the United States.
- Former head of Guatemala soccer arrested; faces extradition Updated: Jan-12-16 5:58 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Brayan Jimenez, the former president of the Guatemalan Football Federation, has been arrested and faces extradition to the United States in connection with the FIFA corruption scandal.