- Business owners mixed on Bellevue incorporation Updated: Oct-12-15 11:02 am
PURVIS, Mississippi - If the push to incorporate Bellevue is successful, several businesses on U.S. 98 would become part of that proposed city.
- Hattiesburg HS BB stadium to reopen 3 years after tornado Updated: Oct-12-15 4:15 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The restored baseball stadium at Hattiesburg High School will reopen three years after a tornado slammed it.
- Hattiesburg group holds city's 1st gay pride festival Updated: Oct-11-15 6:11 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Unified Southern Fried Pride - a weekend of events including music, a march and a tea dance - marks the city's first gay pride festival.
- Reputed gang leader sentenced for gang racketeering Updated: Oct-10-15 3:32 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A reputed gang leader has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison for conspiracy to commit prohibited acts related to racketeering.
- Special Olympics state games held at Camp Shelby Updated: Oct-10-15 10:40 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Special Olympics Mississippi is holding its annual statewide fall games at Camp Shelby.
- Hattiesburg council approves Eaton School application Updated: Oct-07-15 6:15 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg is asking the state for aid to help save Eaton School.
- Forrest Co. receives reimbursement for voting machines Updated: Oct-06-15 10:40 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Forrest County is finally getting reimbursed for replacing 233 voting machines that were damaged in the February 2013 tornado that ripped through the area.
- Hattiesburg to relocate solar farm project Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A 50-megawatt solar energy farm initially planned for Hattiesburg-Forrest County Industrial Park will be shifting to a 460-acre site off the Bonhomie Road-WSF Tatum Boulevard intersection.
- Old Forrest County jail to get facelift Updated: Sep-27-15 2:10 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After three years of sitting unoccupied, the old Forrest County Jail in downtown Hattiesburg is getting a major facelift.
- Hattiesburg council may wait on 2015-16 budget approval Updated: Sep-22-15 6:01 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council approved a tax levy Sept. 8 that would cover a proposed $138 million-plus budget for fiscal year 2015-16.
- Zoo still seeks flamingos to replace 2 lost to prank Updated: Sep-21-15 6:06 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A variety of fundraisers popped up after two adult flamingos died last October following an alleged prank by a fraternity at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Hattiesburg budget increase supported by property tax bump Updated: Sep-20-15 6:13 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After at least 15 years without a property tax hike, Hattiesburg residents are likely to see their property taxes rise 2.1 mills - or about $21 for a $100,000 house.
- Taxes going up for Forrest County residents Updated: Sep-17-15 4:05 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - For the first time in several years, Forrest County residents will experience a tax increase.
- Ex-employee at Youth ChalleNGe program indicted Updated: Sep-15-15 4:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Youth ChalleNGe Academy program employee at Camp Shelby has been indicted for embezzlement.
- Sewer rates to double for non-Hattiesburg residents Updated: Sep-15-15 4:05 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - For non-Hattiesburg residents and businesses that are connected to the city's sewage system, water and sewer bills will increase.