- Some Hattiesburg school workers receive salary cuts Updated: Feb-06-16 12:05 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Classified employees in the financially troubled Hattiesburg Public School District will be subject to a 5 percent salary cut for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year. That's according to a letter sent Thursday by interim Superintendent Greg Ladner.
- Hattiesburg Public School District to cut jobs, salaries Updated: Feb-05-16 10:41 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Public School District employees have been notified of pending job and salary cuts.
- New Pine Belt community dog park set to open in Hattiesburg Updated: Feb-04-16 9:55 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A new Pine Belt community dog park in Hattiesburg is set to open.
- Hattiesburg City Council approves new traffic impact study Updated: Feb-03-16 10:37 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The city of Hattiesburg is hoping a new traffic study will lead to improved parking and traffic flow downtown.
- Authorities: LSU professor shoots wife, self Updated: Feb-02-16 5:01 pm
CARRIERE, Mississippi - Authorities say a professor at LSU's medical school is believed to have shot his wife to death at their home in Mississippi before turning the gun on himself.
- Recruits begin new Hattiesburg police training academy Updated: Feb-02-16 10:23 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg Police Department is working on giving its roster a boost with its latest round of recruits currently training at the Hattiesburg police academy.
- Woman seeks to buy triage kits for Hattiesburg officers Updated: Jan-28-16 10:50 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - After learning that two out of three law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty die from blood loss, a Marion County woman has set out to raise money to buy triage kits for local law enforcement.
- USM begins construction on new pedestrian pathway Updated: Jan-27-16 11:54 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Construction began Monday on a multi-use pathway at the University of Southern Mississippi that will provide a connection for pedestrians traveling between Pride Field and Scianna Hall on the Hattiesburg campus.
- Murder trial set to begin Tuesday in Hattiesburg Updated: Jan-25-16 6:14 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The trial of a Hattiesburg man charged in a 2014 shooting death begins Tuesday.
- Man found dead Sunday in Petal identified Updated: Jan-25-16 6:02 am
PETAL, Mississippi - Authorities have identified the man found dead in Petal.
- State stops fining Hattiesburg over wastewater Updated: Jan-22-16 10:24 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The City of Hattiesburg has stopped paying fines to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality over its wastewater treatment plan.
- Sport facilities safety summit set for March at USM Updated: Jan-20-16 6:21 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The University of Southern Mississippi's National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security will hold the first Professional Sport Facilities Safety and Security Summit March 8-10 at the National Center on the Hattiesburg campus.
- Hattiesburg Zoo mourns loss of beloved jaguar, Sampson Updated: Jan-14-16 5:16 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg Zoo officials say Sampson the jaguar has died.
- 6 more indicted in deaths of Hattiesburg Police officers Updated: Jan-12-16 8:51 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Six more suspects have been indicted in the deaths of two Hattiesburg Police officers.
- Former Youth ChalleNGe Academy worker sentenced Updated: Jan-12-16 4:06 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former cafeteria manager at the Youth ChalleNGe Academy at Camp Shelby has been sentenced for his role in stealing food.
- Petal reaches agreement with Hattiesburg over sewer rates Updated: Jan-09-16 4:05 am
PETAL, Mississippi - The city of Petal is celebrating a legal win.
- Mississippi lawmakers honor legacy of civil rights leader Updated: Jan-08-16 2:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers honored Vernon Dahmer (DAY'-mur) Sr. on Friday, 50 years after the civil rights leader was killed when Ku Klux Klansmen firebombed his family's home near Hattiesburg.