- Cal volleyball's Savannah Rennie receives liver transplant Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BERKELEY, California - California volleyball player Savannah Rennie received a liver transplant that she hopes will have her back on the court next season.
- Correction: Sheryl Sandberg-Commencement Speech story Updated: May-16-16 6:36 pm
BERKELEY, California - In a story May 14 about a commencement speech by Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg and previous stories about the death of her husband, Dave Goldberg, The Associated Press reported erroneously the cause of his death. Sandberg said an autopsy showed he died of a heart attack while using a treadmill, not in an accident on the treadmill.
- San Francisco soda tax backers say measure will be on ballot Updated: May-12-16 6:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Backers of a sugary drink tax say the issue will be on San Francisco's November ballot, despite missing a key deadline by one day.
- University panel adopts expanded student-athlete protections Updated: May-11-16 8:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A policy that would nearly triple the number of University of California student-athletes guaranteed continued financial aid in the event of a career-ending sports injury received unanimous approval Wednesday from a committee of the university's governing board.
- The Latest: University aims to expand athlete protections Updated: May-11-16 2:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on financial aid guarantees for student-athletes at the University of California (all times local):
- Human skull, bone found in ditch at Berkeley national lab Updated: Apr-26-16 12:10 am
BERKELEY, California - Authorities say identifying a human skull and a bone found last week on the property of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has proved difficult.
- Bay Area Bike Share adds stations in East Bay Updated: Apr-25-16 9:09 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Bay Area Bike Share is planning a major expansion that will eventually add another 1,500 bikes to the East Bay.