- Gay teen gives coming-out speech that was blocked by school Updated: Jun-01-15 1:33 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A high school valedictorian who was barred from giving a graduation speech that revealed he is gay received another chance to deliver his message.
- Colorado resident with tularemia dies of other conditions Updated: May-29-15 8:58 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A resident in Boulder County contracted tularemia, or "rabbit fever," and has since died after suffering other medical complications.
- Libyan refugee found guilty of assault in Boulder Updated: May-29-15 5:10 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A Libyan woman who made headlines during Libya's civil war when she said she was raped by Moammar Gadhafi's troops has been found guilty of assault charges in Colorado.
- Boulder using cows to control invasive grass Updated: May-27-15 10:25 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder is using cows to control an invasive grass that has spread near the National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- Boulder high school students petition for demoted teacher Updated: May-26-15 5:05 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder High students are petitioning to have their teacher's advanced placement assignment reinstated after they believe he was demoted for teaching during statewide testing sessions contrary to district policy.
- Ethiopia's Belete Assefa, Meskerem Assefa win Bolder Boulder Updated: May-25-15 5:16 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Runners from Ethiopia won the Bolder Boulder professional 10K race on Monday while two Colorado residents were the top man and woman in the citizens' race.
- Boulder-area trail runner rescued after large rock traps him Updated: May-24-15 10:47 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A 46-year-old trail runner has been rescued after a large rock fell on his foot near the summit of Bear Peak near Boulder.
- Boulder consultant criticized for profanity-laced speech Updated: May-23-15 11:41 am
BOULDER, Colorado - The consultant paid $150,000 by Boulder to expand community outreach has attracted criticism for delivering a speech peppered with profanities.
- Boulder County prepares plan to manage ash borer infestation Updated: May-21-15 5:04 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder County officials have begun preparing a multi-year plan to manage the threat a beetle called the emerald ash borer poses to the health of ash trees on county-managed properties.
- Sheriff: Inmate hanged himself in Boulder County Jail cell Updated: May-20-15 9:55 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Authorities say a 20-year-old inmate who was found dead in his cell at the Boulder County Jail hanged himself.
- Heroin use, overdose deaths increase in Boulder County Updated: May-19-15 9:55 am
LONGMONT, Colorado - Boulder County law enforcement officials have seen an upsurge in heroin use and heroin-related deaths. Last week, police believe they arrested a drug dealer connected to an overdose death from earlier this year.
- Future for warming US: Not just the heat but the humanity Updated: May-18-15 11:02 am
WASHINGTON - The combination of global warming and shifting population means that by mid-century, there will be a huge increase in the number of Americans sweating through days that are extremely hot, a new study says.
- Legal action considered over expansion of Eldora ski area Updated: May-16-15 3:43 pm
NEDERLAND, Colorado - Environmental activists are considering legal action to stop the proposed expansion of the Eldora Mountain ski area over concern it would hurt wildlife and habitat, arguing that the ski area can continue to grow within its current boundaries.
- Woman facing charges in boyfriend's drug overdose death Updated: May-14-15 9:16 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A Boulder woman who police say is a known drug dealer is facing charges in connection with the overdose death of her boyfriend.
- DA: Deputy justified when he shot, killed kidnapping suspect Updated: May-14-15 6:35 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - The Boulder County District Attorney's Office has ruled that a sheriff's deputy was justified when he shot and killed a kidnapping suspect at a popular trailhead.
- Boulder looks at business energy efficiency Updated: May-13-15 3:42 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder's commercial and industrial sector produces 41 percent of the city's greenhouse gas emissions, and city officials hope that requiring businesses to rate and report their own energy performance and make certain upgrades can put a dent in those emissions.
- CU reaches settlement with professor accused of harassment Updated: May-13-15 5:04 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A University of Colorado professor accused of retaliating against a female graduate student who reported being sexually assaulted by a fellow student has resigned after a months-long battle for his termination.
- Arrest in case of suspicious letters to Jewish organizations Updated: May-08-15 5:20 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A 32-year-old man has been arrested in connection with suspicious letters containing a non-toxic white powder sent to two Boulder Jewish organizations in April following a search of his parents' home that turned up suspicious literature.
- Affordable housing sought in Boulder County, Longmont Updated: May-08-15 11:59 am
LONGMONT, Colorado - The Longmont City Council and Boulder County Commissioners are collaborating on permanent supportive housing for some homeless people.
- 2 teens plead guilty to killing Boulder man in Xbox beating Updated: May-06-15 4:05 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Two teens have pleaded guilty to fatally beating a developmentally disabled man in Boulder while trying to steal his Xbox.
- Slain Boulder intruder tried to break into other homes Updated: May-05-15 9:58 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Police say an intruder shot and killed in Boulder tried to get inside other nearby homes just before the shooting.
- Woman accused of cutting baby from womb will stand trial Updated: May-05-15 7:41 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A judge determined Tuesday that a Colorado woman charged with cutting an unborn baby from a stranger's womb will stand trial in a case that has reignited the debate on the legal rights of fetuses.
- Coroner IDs man who fell to death while hiking near Boulder Updated: May-04-15 6:01 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Authorities have released the name of a 21-year-old man who fell to his death while hiking near Boulder.