- Pedestrian killed by commuter rail train in Brockton Updated: Jul-25-15 5:57 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - MBTA transit police say a man has been struck and killed by a train at the commuter rail station in Brockton.
- New Bedford developer drops out of casino competition Updated: Jul-22-15 7:14 pm
BOSTON - Developers of a planned Foxwoods casino for the New Bedford waterfront abruptly backed out of the competition for Massachusetts' final resort casino license on Wednesday, citing an inability to secure financing for the projected $650 million project.
- Police: 3 motorcyclists injured in wrong-way crash Updated: Jul-20-15 6:14 am
NORTON, Massachusetts - Three motorcyclists have been injured by a driver going the wrong way on Interstate 495 in Norton.
- Lottery winner sentenced for stealing from brother's company Updated: Jul-18-15 5:06 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - A southeastern Massachusetts woman who won a $1 million lottery prize must pay over $100,000 in a criminal case against her after admitting she stole from her brother's business while he battled cancer.
- 89-year-old Brockton woman hogtied during home invasion Updated: Jul-16-15 7:50 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Police are looking for a man they say took advantage of an 89-year-old woman's kindness, hogtying her and robbing her after knocking on her door and asking to use the phone.
- Cops: Man charged with fatal shooting outside illegal party Updated: Jul-15-15 5:37 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - A 26-year-old Brockton man has been held without bail after pleading not guilty to killing another man during an illegal after-hours party last weekend.
- Election scheduled to fill Brockton Senate seat Updated: Jul-13-15 12:09 pm
BOSTON - A special election has been scheduled to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the death of Brockton Democrat Thomas Kennedy.
- Man found not guilty of murder in motel stabbing death Updated: Jul-13-15 8:41 am
WRENTHAM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man who was charged with a fatal stabbing at a motel has been acquitted of murder and assault with a deadly weapon charges.
- 1 killed, 2 wounded in shooting, stabbing in Brockton Updated: Jul-12-15 4:19 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say a man was killed and two others injured in an early morning shooting in Brockton.
- Flags lowered in honor of late state Sen. Thomas Kennedy Updated: Jul-07-15 2:26 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Funeral services have been held for Massachusetts Sen. Thomas Kennedy as the governor ordered flags lowered in his honor at state buildings.
- State AG's office to investigate police shooting Updated: Jul-07-15 4:46 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts Attorney General's Office plans to investigate the fatal police shooting of a man who prosecutors say was shot after pointing a realistic looking BB gun at authorities.
- Wife decries police shooting of man, says he had no real gun Updated: Jul-02-15 9:16 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - The wife of a man killed by police on Thursday said she told authorities there were no real firearms in her home before two officers shot him to death. Prosecutors said the man had pointed a realistic-looking BB gun at the officers before they opened fire.