- Tortoise population in southern Utah steady but small Updated: May-01-16 5:53 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The Mojave Desert Tortoise population is holding steady in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve in southern Utah, but the animal still hasn't fully recovered from fires and drought that negatively impacted the population more than a decade ago.
- St. George man allegedly defrauded group that helps disabled Updated: Apr-30-16 6:10 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A human resource officer is accused of defrauding a St. George company that provides group home services to people with autism and other disabilities.
- Earthquake country laid bare Updated: Apr-29-16 12:06 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Signs of earthquakes are everywhere in the chaotically beautiful geology of southwest Utah and the region where the mile-high Colorado Plateau falls off into the corrugated Basin-and-Range landscape that dominates neighboring Nevada.
- Endangered dwarf bear poppy blooms at nature preserve Updated: Apr-26-16 4:28 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The endangered dwarf bear poppy is growing and blooming in an 800-acre parcel set aside as a preserve.
- Man charged with participation in Oregon standoff arrested Updated: Apr-21-16 12:53 am
SALT LAKE CITY - One of the men facing charges for participating in the winter takeover of an Oregon national wildlife refuge has turned himself in to southern Utah police.
- Woman identified in deadly crash near Hildale Updated: Apr-13-16 11:16 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Authorities have identified the person who died in a four-vehicle crash near Hildale as an Arizona woman.
- Utah woman missing in northwestern Arizona is found Updated: Apr-12-16 6:55 pm
LITTLEFIELD, Arizona - Authorities say a woman missing in extreme northwestern Arizona after her vehicle got stuck in mud near the Utah border has been found and is in good condition.
- Dixie State adopts bison mascot, Trailblazers identity Updated: Apr-12-16 9:26 am
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Dixie State University has introduced a new mascot: Brooks the Bison, named after the school's first student.
- Family dog survives 300-foot fall at Gooseberry Mesa Updated: Apr-10-16 6:23 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The pet dog of an Eagle Mountain family is recovering after surviving a 300-foot fall.
- Colorado City teen dies from injuries in rollover crash Updated: Apr-09-16 4:41 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A teenage girl has died from injuries in a car crash near the Utah-Arizona border that also injured three others.
- County approves money for public library in polygamous town Updated: Apr-07-16 6:14 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah county has set aside money for a public library in a polygamous town on the Utah-Arizona border that hasn't had one for decades because of controlling sect leaders.
- Mosquito that can carry Zika virus was once present in Utah Updated: Apr-06-16 4:53 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A new Centers for Disease Control map shows Utah is in the range of the type of mosquito that can transmit the Zika virus.
- Police: Woman hit trooper in nose, knocked off glasses Updated: Apr-05-16 7:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say a Utah woman hit a highway patrol trooper in the nose and knocked off his glasses when he tried to arrest her.
- Search ends for father last seen by stranded wife, kids Updated: Apr-03-16 5:41 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Authorities have called off the search for a father last seen Monday when he left his family in their stranded van to find help.