- Big Island development permit delayed amid concerns Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A proposed 300-unit condominium development on the Big Islandwill be the subject of a contested case hearing following concerns from residents who say the development will interfere with the land's historic sites.
- Big Island development permit delayed amid concerns Updated: Apr-28-16 1:55 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A proposed 300-unit condominium development on the Big Island will be the subject of a contested case hearing following concerns from residents who say the project would interfere with the land's historic sites.
- Hawaiian Airlines seeks to add new flights to Tokyo Updated: Apr-25-16 9:39 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines is looking to add a second nonstop route between Hawaii and Tokyo, a move expected to bring more than $100 million to the state each year.
- Thousands of octopus larvae born at Big Island farm Updated: Apr-25-16 9:30 am
KEAHOLE, Hawaii - A researcher looking to successfully rear octopus on land along the Kona Coast has welcomed his first batch of octopus larvae.
- First mile completed on trail intended to link North Kona Updated: Apr-24-16 12:22 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Officials have dedicated the first mile of a trail intended to eventually connect all of North Kona.
- Embattled mayor offers message of perseverance to students Updated: Apr-19-16 9:18 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Embattled Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi has left high school students with a message of perseverance following an event aimed at teaching Hawaii's youth about leadership.
- Dog rescue group sues Hawaii Island Human Society Updated: Apr-17-16 1:47 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A dog rescue organization is suing the Hawaii Island Humane Society.
- Endangered seals start journey home after rehab Updated: Apr-14-16 9:00 pm
ABOARD US COAST GUARD HC-130 HERCULES - Seven endangered Hawaiian monk seals that were found abandoned or malnourished late last year began their trip back to their remote island homes Thursday after being rescued and rehabilitated.
- 90-mile trail for bird watching to open up across Big Island Updated: Apr-11-16 9:25 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A 90-mile trail across the Big Island will soon open up to allow visitors from around the world a close-up view of Hawaii's rare birds.
- Sexual harassment suit against ex-Hilo councilman appealed Updated: Apr-11-16 9:19 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A complaint filed by former Hilo County Council member and mayoral candidate Stacy Higa claims the county didn't defend him properly in a sexual harassment case from nearly ten years ago.
- Big Island judges recuse themselves from mayor's theft case Updated: Apr-04-16 8:54 am
HILO, Hawaii - Several Big Island judges have recused themselves from the trial of Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi, who is facing theft charges.