- 26-year-old man dies off Wawaloli Beach Park Updated: Jun-02-15 9:04 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A Kailua-Kona man died in the waters off the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority.
- Officials: Hawaii man impaled, killed by fish's bill Updated: May-29-15 9:56 pm
HONOLULU - A Hawaii man was killed Friday after he was apparently impaled by the bill of a fish, officials said.
- New rule means $25,000 fine for introducing wildlife Updated: May-14-15 4:48 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - People introducing wildlife to the islands can be fined up to $25,000 under a new law that went into effect more than two months ago.
- Students create mural to help endangered monk seal Updated: May-10-15 3:35 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Five enthusiastic students at Kahakai Elementary School stood in front of a large mural where hand-painted pictures of monk seals shined on a 4-foot-by-8-foot canvass behind them.
- Class folds paper cranes for Fukushima radiation victims Updated: May-04-15 3:38 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A group of third graders hope to send sisters visiting from Fukushima home to Japan with 1,000 paper cranes that represent wishes for health and good will.