- Flooding around Mississinewa Lake causes $900K in damage Updated: Aug-27-15 2:35 pm
PERU, Indiana - Record flooding around the reservoir at Mississinewa Lake near Peru caused about $900,000 in property damage, according to estimates from officials.
- Water pollution tests planned around Grissom air base Updated: Aug-27-15 4:10 am
PERU, Indiana - Officials are planning to test drinking-water wells near northern Indiana's Grissom Air Reserve Base after chemical pollution was found at two sites on the property.
- Jury convicts Mississippi man in Indiana woman's 1992 death Updated: Aug-12-15 8:11 am
PERU, Indiana - A jury has found a Mississippi man guilty in the 1992 strangulation death of an Indiana woman.
- Water dropping in storm-filled northern Indiana reservoirs Updated: Aug-04-15 5:13 pm
PERU, Indiana - Officials are slowly lowering three reservoirs that flow into the Wabash River in northern Indiana after they nearly filled to capacity during this summer's heavy rains.
- Miami County farmland dedicated as a bee sanctuary Updated: Aug-01-15 1:10 pm
AMBOY, Indiana - Betty Phelps Refior developed an affinity for bees as a fifth-grader growing up in the central Indiana city of Peru in the early 1930s.
- N. Indiana surgeon pleads guilty to escaping home detention Updated: Jul-30-15 5:25 pm
PERU, Indiana - A northern Indiana orthopedic surgeon has pleaded guilty to escape from in-home detention