- Firefighter shot in NYC issues a thank you Updated: Aug-28-15 1:17 pm
NEW YORK - An FDNY lieutenant who was shot while responding to a Staten Island fire is thanking his colleagues, family and the people of New York City.
- Staten Island repeat offender gets 10 years in prison Updated: Aug-25-15 5:01 am
NEW YORK - Officials say a Staten Island repeat offender will spend a decade in prison after agreeing to plead guilty to drug and gun charges.
- Work underway on $500 million NYC Ferris wheel project Updated: Aug-24-15 9:58 am
NEW YORK - Construction is underway at the site of a $500 million Ferris wheel project along the Staten Island waterfront.
- Judge denies bid for grand jury minutes in Eric Garner case Updated: Aug-20-15 7:43 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City judge ruled Thursday that a city agency investigating possible misconduct by a police officer who held Eric Garner in a fatal chokehold cannot have access to minutes from the grand jury probe that decided against bringing criminal charges against the officer.
- NYPD: Suspect in sexual assault of 7 year old arrested in NJ Updated: Aug-19-15 6:01 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl on Staten Island has been arrested in New Jersey.
- Man killed after 6-hour standoff told mom he would surrender Updated: Aug-14-15 4:37 pm
NEW YORK - Shortly before emerging from an apartment armed with a fully automatic AK-47, Garland Tyree tenderly told his mother over the phone Friday he had agreed to surrender after a six-hour standoff with police.
- The Latest: Gang member who shot NYC firefighter had AK-47 Updated: Aug-14-15 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the attempted arrest of an armed gang member and the subsequent shooting of a firefighter (all times local):
- Staten Island man accused of killing parents to be evaluated Updated: Aug-12-15 4:50 am
STATEN ISLAND, New York - A New York Supreme Court justice granted the request for a psychiatric evaluation of a Staten Island man accused of killing his parents inside their home in 2010.
- Estate of woman struck in Staten Island accident files suit Updated: Aug-03-15 7:22 am
STATEN ISLAND, New York - The estate of a 77-year-old woman fatally struck near the entrance ramp to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on Staten Island has filed a lawsuit.