- Prosecution: Ex-BP exec lied; defense: no motive to lie Updated: Jun-02-15 7:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former BP executive manipulated early estimates of the amount of oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico after a 2010 rig explosion to conform to a low government estimate, then lied about it to federal agents, a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday.
- Authorities: Body found in Lafourche Parish canal Updated: Jun-02-15 7:56 am
MATHEWS, Louisiana - Authorities say a body found in the Dixie Canal south of Mathews may be a resident reported missing early last month.
- Lafourche school safety improvements being planned Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish schools may hire more police officers, upgrade their fire alarms and make other safety improvements within the next year.
- Body with skull tattoo pulled from river identified Updated: May-29-15 5:46 am
PORT SULPHUR, Louisiana - Authorities have identified a body with a skull tattoo found floating in the Mississippi River two weeks ago as a 27-year-old man from Houma.
- Woman accused of stealing from children's baseball league Updated: May-28-15 8:57 am
GOLDEN MEADOW, Louisiana - Golden Meadow police say a 35-year-old Galliano woman is accused of stealing more than $12,000 from the checking account of a children's baseball league.
- Terrebonne council approves final budget for animal shelter Updated: May-28-15 8:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Work will soon begin on the new Terrebonne Parish Animal Shelter following final budget approval by the parish council.
- Tax increase may not be needed for public safety raises Updated: May-27-15 10:25 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A tax increase may not be necessary to pay for Terrebonne Parish public safety worker raises.
- Shrimp prices plummet in 2015 Updated: May-26-15 7:32 am
DULAC, Louisiana - After a few years of steady prices, Louisiana shrimpers are watching the prices for their catches plummet this season.
- Burglary suspect pleads not guilty to habitual offender Updated: May-21-15 7:56 am
SCHRIEVER, Louisiana - A Schriever man pleaded not guilty to being a habitual offender after his latest burglary conviction, but could face a life sentence if he is convicted.
- 3 convicted for oyster violations in Terrebonne Parish Updated: May-20-15 7:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says three Houma men are convicted of oyster violations, and the captain of the boat involved has lost his license for 10 years.
- Terrebonne Parish notes progress on levee system Updated: May-15-15 11:35 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish officials praised the progress being made on the Morganza-to-the-Gulf levee system.
- New trial set in Lafourche Parish murder case Updated: May-14-15 12:50 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A south Lafourche Parish man granted a new second-degree murder trial after a jury couldn't reach a verdict in March won't be retried until early next year.
- Terrebonne, Lafourche leaders don't see need for smoking ban Updated: May-14-15 7:24 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Despite a new, well-publicized smoking ban in New Orleans, smoking regulations in Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes will likely stay at the status quo for now.
- Trial date changed for Louisiana man in gun shop break-in Updated: May-13-15 5:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal authorities say John Ross Harold's trial has been reset in the Feb. 27, 2014, break-in at Cook's Gun Shop in D'Iberville.
- Port Fourchon to get environmental sensor Updated: May-12-15 10:43 am
PORT FOURCHON, Louisiana - A new environmental observation sensor will be installed at Port Fourchon Wednesday to improve navigation safety and increase efficiency for ships.
- Terrebonne council to consider tax increase for pay raises Updated: May-12-15 7:55 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Terrebonne Parish Council will work with law enforcement on a possible property tax increase for public safety officer raises.
- School board sets aside $200K for artificial football turf Updated: May-11-15 1:15 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish School Board has set aside $200,000 to install artificial turf at two football stadiums in the school district.
- Man arrested in death of unborn child Updated: May-06-15 10:43 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of an unborn child.
- State police search for driver in fatal hit-and-run Updated: May-06-15 8:25 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - State police are searching for the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a bicyclist along Louisiana Highway 57 south of Houma.
- 4 Mississippi escape caught in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 10:43 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish sheriff's deputies have arrested four of seven men who escaped from a Mississippi jail Sunday night.