- Najib vows not to quit as Malaysia marks National Day Updated: Aug-31-15 1:16 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia's prime minister vowed he would not quit over a $700-million financial scandal, and accused protesters of showing "poor national spirit" by holding a massive rally to demand his resignation on the eve of the country's National Day on Monday.
- In talks, Muslim rebels seek independence in south Thailand Updated: Aug-27-15 8:28 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Muslim militant leaders in talks with Thai authorities to end a deadly insurgency said Thursday they are seeking an independent state and are ready to negotiate a solution.
- Timeline of events in scandal embroiling Malaysian leader Updated: Aug-16-15 1:22 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Key events in the scandal involving Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak:
- Quick or slow with Flight 370 news, Malaysia finds criticism Updated: Aug-07-15 7:25 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia was intensely criticized early in the Flight 370 mystery for failing to quickly disclose that its military radar had picked up an unidentified aircraft the night the Boeing 777 disappeared. Now its reticence has given way to what looks like haste - compared to other countries involved, at least - and that has left relatives of the missing as exasperated as ever.
- Frustrated Flight 370 families: 'We need definite answers' Updated: Aug-06-15 2:32 pm
BEIJING - Families aching for closure after their relatives disappeared aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 last year vented deep frustration Thursday at differing statements from Malaysia and France over whether the finding of a plane part had been confirmed.
- Mystery of Flight 370 evolves with first tangible clue Updated: Aug-06-15 11:52 am
SYDNEY - For 17 months, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was, in a sense, nowhere. The lack of any tangible clue to its fate was eerie, unsettling, bizarre - a real-world echo of the TV show "Lost" and the wayward-jetliner mystery at the heart of its story.
- The Latest on MH370: Madagascar also alert for plane debris Updated: Aug-06-15 9:36 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The latest on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (all times local):
- Asia backs Iran deal, Kerry says A-Bomb anniversary relevant Updated: Aug-06-15 3:32 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and five of their large neighbors endorsed the nuclear deal negotiated between Iran and six world powers, as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday's 70th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing highlighted the importance of the accord in preventing the spread of atomic weapons.
- News Guide: Malaysia links debris to MH370; others cautious Updated: Aug-06-15 12:25 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced that a wing piece that washed up on Reunion Island last week is from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. However, French, U.S. and Australian authorities stopped short of full confirmation, frustrating relatives with mixed messages.
- Kerry pushes Asia trade pact in Singapore Updated: Aug-04-15 2:37 am
SINGAPORE - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called Tuesday for countries negotiating a major Pacific Rim trade deal to overcome differences that have stalled its conclusion.
- IOC ready to act if Olympic medals affected by doping Updated: Aug-03-15 3:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The IOC will take action against any Olympic athletes if they are found guilty of the latest doping allegations rocking the sport of track and field, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.