- Hopes for Singapore resurgence as Malaysian partnership ends Updated: Nov-26-15 8:07 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Fifty years ago Malaysian and Singapore parted ways to form two separate countries, a decision that helped to kick start the economic miracle that subsequently took place in the Lion City.
- The Latest: Myanmar leader thanked for move toward democracy Updated: Nov-22-15 7:27 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Ten Southeast Asian heads of state and nine world leaders, including President Barack Obama, are meeting in Malaysia to discuss trade and economic issues. Terrorism and disputes over the South China Sea are also on the agenda. (All times local.)
- In Asia, Obama takes softer tone on human rights, corruption Updated: Nov-22-15 4:12 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - In Southeast Asia, President Barack Obama has taken a softer tone on human rights and corruption in a part of the world that rights groups claim is rife with abuses.
- Obama tries to put human face on Syrian refugee debate Updated: Nov-21-15 7:45 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Brushing off refugee worries at home, President Barack Obama crouched alongside migrant children on Saturday and declared they are the opposite of terrorists wreaking havoc from Paris to Mali. Working to put a human face on the refugee crisis, he said, "They're just like our kids."
- Obama touches down in Malaysia on last leg of Asia trip Updated: Nov-20-15 3:08 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - President Barack Obama touched down in Malaysia on Friday for the last leg of his trip to Southeast Asia.
- The Latest: Manila slum near APEC shows poverty challenge Updated: Nov-19-15 4:49 am
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories are in Manila for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit. The meeting's official agenda is focused on trade, business and economic issues but terrorism, South China Sea disputes and climate change are also in focus. (All times are local.)
- Malaysia, US bolster cooperation to fight terrorism Updated: Nov-19-15 3:26 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia and the U.S. on Thursday signed an agreement to boost cooperation to fight terrorism, as a minister voiced concerns that deadly attacks in Paris could spark copycats in the region.
- Obama trip to Asia light on tourism for a presidential jaunt Updated: Nov-13-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House has gone to great lengths to show that President Barack Obama isn't a lame duck. It's less worried about showing he's not a lame tourist.
- Obama trip to Asia light on tourism for a presidential jaunt Updated: Nov-13-15 9:17 am
WASHINGTON - The White House has gone to great lengths to show President Barack Obama isn't a lame duck. It's less worried about showing he is not a lame tourist.
- Carter checks on lab effort to ID airman lost in Asia Updated: Nov-05-15 10:54 pm
HONOLULU - Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Thursday toured a forensics laboratory that is trying to positively identify human remains which, just hours earlier in Malaysia, he had saluted as they were returned to U.S. custody.
- Justin Thomas wins CIMB Classic for first PGA Tour title Updated: Nov-01-15 4:30 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Justin Thomas overcame a double bogey on the 14th and some nervous moments on the final hole Sunday to win the CIMB Classic for his first PGA Tour title.
- Malaysia deports 5 Maldivians over alleged assassination bid Updated: Oct-30-15 10:10 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian police said they deported five Maldives citizens on Friday, including a diplomat, over an alleged attempt to assassinate the Maldivian president.