- Malaysia seeks amicable solution to China sea dispute Updated: Aug-04-15 4:31 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia on Tuesday called for more efforts to find a peaceful solution to rising tensions in the disputed South China Sea, as the U.S. and the Philippines said they would demand that China stop land reclamation and other actions there.
- Kerry pushes Asia trade pact in Singapore Updated: Aug-04-15 2:37 am
SINGAPORE - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called Tuesday for countries negotiating a major Pacific Rim trade deal to overcome differences that have stalled its conclusion.
- IOC ready to act if Olympic medals affected by doping Updated: Aug-03-15 3:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The IOC will take action against any Olympic athletes if they are found guilty of the latest doping allegations rocking the sport of track and field, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.
- USOC: 3 cities being contacted to replace Boston in 2024 bid Updated: Aug-01-15 8:35 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - U.S. Olympic leaders have started contacting Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington about the possibility of bidding for the 2024 Games and believe the demise of Boston's candidacy will be "ancient history" by the time the host city is selected in 2017.
- Back to Beijing for 2nd Olympics in 14 years Updated: Jul-31-15 10:13 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Throughout more than 120 years of Olympic history, no city has hosted both the winter and summer games. Now, Beijing will be the first do it - and in the span of just 14 years.
- Technical issues force 2 votes for 2022 Winter Olympics Updated: Jul-31-15 10:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The vote to decide the 2022 Winter Olympics host city should have taken about 10 minutes using tablet-like electronic devices. Instead, a technical glitch left 85 voting members of the International Olympic Committee using paper ballots to ultimately give Beijing the nod.
- Relatives torn over possible 1st debris from missing MH370 Updated: Jul-30-15 5:25 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Jacquita Gomes is torn about whether to believe that plane debris found more than 16 months after the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is the first concrete evidence that her husband is truly gone.
- Tokyo Olympic chief apologizes to IOC over stadium change Updated: Jul-29-15 5:30 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Japanese organizers apologized to the IOC on Wednesday over the scrapping of the original plans for the Olympic stadium and delivered assurances that the new venue will be ready in time for the 2020 Games.
- Star athletes pitch for Beijing, Almaty ahead of 2022 vote Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Former NBA star Yao Ming and Sochi Olympic bronze medalist figure skater Denis Ten differ in height by exactly two feet. The towering basketballer is representing Beijing's bid for the 2022 Olympics, and the diminutive figure skater is boosting the bid from Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- If USOC finds a new city, Boston debacle could be forgotten Updated: Jul-28-15 8:45 pm
Embarrassing as the debacle in Boston may have been, chances are it will be nothing more than a distant memory when the vote for the 2024 Olympics finally rolls around.
- IOC urges US to come up with another bid city for 2024 Games Updated: Jul-28-15 2:04 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With Boston no longer in contention, IOC President Thomas Bach urged U.S. Olympic leaders on Tuesday to pick "the most appropriate city" as a substitute candidate for the 2024 Games. Two-time Olympic host Los Angeles could fit the bill perfectly, according to several IOC board members.
- Bach: Facilities and sustainability key to winning 2022 bid Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The vote to determine which city will host the 2022 Winter Olympics will come down to the quality of sports facilities for athletes and sustainability, International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach said Monday.
- IOC chief Bach arrives in KL ahead of 2022 Olympics vote Updated: Jul-24-15 6:15 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - IOC president Thomas Bach arrived in Malaysia on Friday ahead of executive board meetings and a general session which will determine the host city for the 2022 Winter Olympics - either Beijing or Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- A year later, MH17 relatives grieve, wait for answers Updated: Jul-15-15 2:29 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - On their son Bryce's birthday this year, Silene Fredriksz-Hoogzand and her husband Rob went to a Dutch air base, watched pall bearers solemnly unload seven coffins from a military cargo plane and wondered if they contained parts of the remains of Bryce or his girlfriend Daisy Oehlers.