- Cancer survivor stunned by attention over graduation denial Updated: May-29-16 5:44 pm
PHOENIX - Overwhelming public support is outweighing any lingering bitterness for a suburban Phoenix high school student who kept up with classes through cancer treatments but wasn't allowed to walk at graduation.
- Mesa man gets life in prison plus 25 years in 2 murder cases Updated: May-27-16 8:06 pm
PHOENIX - A Mesa man has been sentenced to life in prison plus 25 years in connection with two fatal shootings weeks apart in 2013.
- Trump rallies in San Diego, Fresno draw big protests Updated: May-27-16 7:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Donald Trump campaign rallies drew vocal crowds of protesters in San Diego and Fresno on Friday, all under heavy police presence following similar events around the country that led to violence and arrests.
- Louisiana man dies after 1,000 bee stings in Arizona park Updated: May-26-16 8:57 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities say a man visiting from Louisiana has died after being stung by bees more than 1,000 times while hiking in a Phoenix-area.
- New Mexico man accused of killing uncle awaits extradition Updated: May-24-16 6:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A New Mexico man accused of fatally shooting his uncle has surrendered to Texas authorities and awaits extradition.
- Unsealed Arizona police video omits shooting of unarmed man Updated: May-24-16 6:19 pm
PHOENIX - Video released Tuesday shows officers responding to a report of someone pointing a gun from the window of an Arizona hotel, but a judge barred the release of additional footage showing an officer later shooting and killing an unarmed man at the scene.
- Preliminary report on Mesa crash cites noises, lack of power Updated: May-24-16 11:04 am
MESA, Arizona - A preliminary report indicates a single-engine plane may have been experiencing engine trouble before it crashed May 17 at a Phoenix-area airport, killing the two people aboard.
- Prosecutor declines to press charges in Mesa police shooting Updated: May-19-16 3:38 pm
PHOENIX - A police officer will not face criminal charges in the fatal shooting of man wielding a rod during a confrontation in a Mesa neighborhood, the county's top prosecutor said Thursday.
- The Latest: Family of man shot by Mesa police still suing Updated: May-19-16 3:07 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a December fatal shooting by Mesa police (all times local):
- Wildlife officials suspect mountain lion killed Mesa dog Updated: May-19-16 2:13 pm
MESA, Arizona - Wildlife officials say they think a mountain lion is to blame after a large dog was attacked and killed in Mesa.
- Exchange student, pilot ID'd as victims of plane crash Updated: May-18-16 7:16 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities say an 18-year-old exchange student from Turkey was one of two people killed when a small World War II-era plane crashed and exploded into flames near a Phoenix-area airport.
- 2 dead after small plane crashes near airfield in Arizona Updated: May-18-16 5:20 am
MESA, Arizona - Two people were killed Tuesday evening after a small World War II-era plane crashed and exploded into flames near a Phoenix-area airport, authorities said.
- The Latest: Parts of police shooting video to be released Updated: May-17-16 4:15 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a case in which an Arizona police officer is charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a man at a hotel (all times local):
- Judge sentences former Mesa teacher and coach to prison Updated: May-16-16 2:05 pm
PHOENIX - A former Mesa math teacher and football coach has been sentenced to 2½ years in prison on convictions of furnishing obscene material to a minor and attempting to commit sexual conduct with a minor.
- Governor signs bill protecting Salt River wild horses Updated: May-11-16 5:43 pm
PHOENIX - A herd of wild horses living near Arizona's Salt River came a step closer to new protections under legislation Gov. Doug Ducey signed on Wednesday.
- Man convicted of sexually abusing a teenage girl in Mesa Updated: May-10-16 9:57 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused of attacking the teenage daughter of his ex-girlfriend in Mesa has been convicted of kidnapping, sexual abuse, burglary and child abuse.
- Michael Phelps jumps into gene pool, becomes 1st-time father Updated: May-07-16 4:22 pm
Michael Phelps is a first-time father.
- Judge wont order release of video of Mesa police shooting Updated: May-05-16 8:21 pm
PHOENIX - A judge refused Thursday to order the release of video of an unarmed man being shot and killed by a Mesa, Arizona, police officer.
- Student won't face felony charge in yearbook photo prank Updated: May-05-16 1:24 pm
MESA, Arizona - A Mesa high school student won't be prosecuted on a felony charge after police say he exposed himself in a football team picture that ended up in the school yearbook.
- The Latest: Widow wants to see video before public release Updated: May-04-16 3:25 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on court proceedings on whether authorities must release police view from a fatal shooting (all times local):
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):