- State plans Phoenix test project to combat wrong-way crashes Updated: Nov-23-15 7:24 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona transportation officials are responding to a flurry of deadly wrong-way crashes with a plan for a test project on a Phoenix freeway that includes using sensors to detect wrong-way drivers and alert authorities and other motorists.
- Court: No immunity for medical marijuana users under DUI law Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Friday that medical marijuana cardholders don't have immunity from prosecution under a state DUI law that prohibits drivers from having in their bodies any amount of marijuana or its chemical compound that causes impairment.
- 3 Democrat women nominated to fill open Arizona House seat Updated: Nov-19-15 12:46 pm
PHOENIX - Democrats in Legislative District 26 have nominated an all-women slate of three candidates to fill the Arizona House seat vacated by recently appointed state Sen. Andrew Sherwood, a Tempe Democrat.
- 2 Arizona teachers win $25,000 Milken awards Updated: Nov-17-15 8:35 am
PHOENIX - Two Arizona teachers have been awarded Milken Educator Awards and an accompanying $25,000 prize for excellence in education.
- Mesa school guard accused of sexual conduct with a teenager Updated: Nov-13-15 6:00 pm
MESA, Arizona - Authorities say a security guard at Mesa's Westwood High School has been accused of sexual conduct with a minor.
- Arizona state trooper not seriously hurt in freeway accident Updated: Nov-10-15 9:07 am
MESA, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Public Safety says a state trooper was not seriously injured in a freeway accident in Mesa.
- Boy who died at hospital had ligature around his neck Updated: Nov-09-15 6:05 pm
MESA, Arizona - A 5-year-old boy who died along with his mother at a suburban Phoenix children's hospital was found with a ligature around his neck, police said Monday.
- The Latest: Mother kills child, herself at Arizona hospital Updated: Nov-07-15 8:10 pm
MESA, Arizona - The latest on the apparent murder-suicide of a mother and child at a suburban Phoenix children's hospital (all times local):
- 2 injured after SUV collides with a light rail train in Mesa Updated: Nov-06-15 5:24 pm
MESA, Arizona - Two people suffered minor injuries after an SUV collided with a light rail train in Mesa.
- Maricopa County supervisors to choose replacement senator Updated: Nov-04-15 8:13 am
PHOENIX - The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors is set to choose a replacement for a Democratic state senator from Tempe who resigned to take a new job in Nevada.
- Mesa doctor pleads guilty to sexual abusing female patients Updated: Oct-27-15 4:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Mesa doctor accused of inappropriately touching two female patients during medical exams has pleaded guilty in the case.