- Paul files for president, re-election in Kentucky Updated: Nov-30-15 12:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul officially filed for re-election and for president in his home state Monday, a move he insists does not undermine his faltering presidential campaign.
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women Updated: Nov-29-15 5:34 pm
Connecticut's visit to Chattanooga on Monday night exemplifies one of the major differences between women's basketball and the men's game - women's mid-majors are much more likely to host big-name programs every now and then.
- Louisville beats Saint Louis 77-57 in Brooklyn Updated: Nov-28-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Trey Lewis got two very different views of Rick Pitino around the last two Thanksgiving.
- Wildcats lose 24-7 halftime lead, fall 38-24 to Louisville Updated: Nov-28-15 6:45 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky just needed to build on a 24-7 halftime lead on Louisville to make its postseason drought a distant memory.
- Louisville rallies past Kentucky 38-24 to win Governor's Cup Updated: Nov-28-15 5:45 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Louisville players enthusiastically hoisted the Governor's Cup in the steady drizzle, an understandable reaction considering the scenario seemed unlikely early on as rival Kentucky turned their error-prone start into a big lead.
- Boy injured in shooting helps fight Louisville gun violence Updated: Nov-28-15 3:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A 10-year-old boy injured in a drive-by shooting is now helping to combat gun violence in Louisville that has reached its highest level in decades.
- Murray scores 21, No. 1 Kentucky rolls past USF 84-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:57 pm
MIAMI - As had been the case plenty of times before, Orlando Antigua had a courtside seat to watch Kentucky turn a close game into a runaway.
- Effinex wins Grade 1 Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Updated: Nov-27-15 7:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Effinex, the runner-up to Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh last month in the Breeders' Cup Classic, won the 141st running of the Grade 1 Clark Handicap by three-quarters of a length Friday at Churchill Downs.
- Louisville size dominates in win over St. Francis Brooklyn Updated: Nov-24-15 10:45 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - In the pecking order of college basketball, Louisville ranks right about the top of the food chain. St. Francis Brooklyn, not so much.
- Ex-pastor facing child pornography charge pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-24-15 2:02 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former Catholic priest charged with viewing child pornography at his Louisville church has pleaded not guilty in federal court.
- Kentucky needs to beat rival Louisville for bowl eligibility Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky's postseason quest remains alive after a performance reminiscent of its 4-1 start that made a bowl bid seem inevitable.
- Mayor asking residents to join rally welcoming refugees Updated: Nov-23-15 11:15 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville's mayor is asking residents to join a community rally to show the city's solidarity with victims of recent terrorist attacks while welcoming immigrants fleeing those same extremist groups.
- Muhammad Ali Center celebrates 10-year anniversary Updated: Nov-22-15 4:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Hundreds of people recently gathered at the Muhammad Ali Center to celebrate its 10-year anniversary and participate in a re-dedication ceremony.
- Western Kentucky women edge No. 16 Louisville 71-69 Updated: Nov-21-15 6:20 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Kayla Smith sank the go-ahead basket with 34 seconds left and Kendall Noble cemented the win at the free throw line to lift Western Kentucky to a 71-69 win over No. 16 Louisville on Saturday.
- Louisville uses size, defense to rout North Florida 89-61 Updated: Nov-21-15 3:33 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville had the size, athleticism and defense to counter North Florida's potent outside game. The Cardinals just didn't expect their newcomers to flex those strengths so soon or so effectively.
- UofL alumni director resigns Updated: Nov-21-15 2:08 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The University of Louisville's director of alumni relations has resigned amid questions about whether she used the same position at another school to take taxpayer-funded trips to run marathons.
- Lexington votes to increase minimum wage to $10.10 an hour Updated: Nov-20-15 1:24 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lexington has become the second city in Kentucky to raise its minimum wage above the state and federal level.
- New still added as part of Maker's Mark expansion Updated: Nov-20-15 1:19 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Crank up the flow of red wax: Maker's Mark is boosting its bourbon output.
- Democratic Kentucky House member switching parties Updated: Nov-19-15 6:05 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky state lawmaker has switched parties to become a Republican, moving the GOP closer to seizing control of the only legislative chamber in the South still controlled by Democrats.
- Hospital: Conjoined twin girls successfully separated Updated: Nov-19-15 4:03 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doctors at a Kentucky hospital have successfully separated conjoined twin girls.
- Business coalition in Kentucky backs gay rights bill Updated: Nov-19-15 3:55 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Passing statewide legislation to protect gay and bisexual people from workplace discrimination would be good for Kentucky businesses, gay rights advocates said Thursday.
- Louisville cruises past undersized Hartford 87-52 Updated: Nov-17-15 10:39 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The question wasn't whether Louisville could grab rebounds or score over undersized Hartford, but how assertive the Cardinals would be in making sure the ball was in their hands.
- LG&E, KU ask to install vehicle charging stations Updated: Nov-16-15 4:01 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville Gas and Electric Co. and Kentucky Utilities Co. are asking regulators to allow them to own and operate charging stations for electric vehicles.
- No. 8 Louisville outrebounded, falls to California 75-71 Updated: Nov-15-15 6:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - With no seniors and nine freshmen and sophomores on his roster, Louisville coach Jeff Walz knew the start of the season could get bumpy.
- California uses size edge to beat No. 8 Louisville, 75-71 Updated: Nov-15-15 6:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - California coach Lindsay Gottlieb knows seasons aren't made from the second game on the schedule.