- FBI doubles reward in 1995 slaying in Selma Updated: Aug-31-15 3:17 pm
SELMA, Alabama - The FBI is doubling the reward for information that leads to the arrest of a man wanted in a killing that happened in 1995 in Selma.
- Amelia Boynton Robinson noted as fearless, tireless leader Updated: Aug-27-15 2:46 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A newspaper photo of a woman who was beaten unconscious by law enforcement during a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, revealed to a wider audience the struggles and violence black people faced while fighting for the right to vote.
- Accomplished viola player, 15, headed to fine arts school Updated: Aug-16-15 2:01 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Like most 15-year-olds, Jania Pettway is preparing to go back to school this fall. However, Pettway's return to class will require a move to a dorm at the Alabama School of Fine Arts.
- Selma interpretive center gets $150,000 in funding Updated: Aug-16-15 5:04 am
SELMA, Alabama - An interpretive center explaining the history of the civil rights movement in Selma is receiving $150,000 for renovations.
- Retailers report bump in sales during Ala. sales tax holiday Updated: Aug-08-15 3:34 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Shoppers can purchase back-to-school supplies this weekend in Alabama without paying the state sales tax.