- Lake Erie wind farm gets $40M federal construction grant Updated: May-27-16 12:35 pm
CLEVELAND - Officials say a planned wind-farm project in Lake Erie has received a $40 million federal grant for construction costs.
- Mom of girl who says she was chained in basement arrested Updated: May-26-16 9:26 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The mother of an Ohio teenager who says she was chained in a basement as punishment has been arrested on unrelated charges.
- Ohio rolls out plan to cut major source of Lake Erie algae Updated: May-25-16 4:11 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's strategy for taking a big bite out of what's feeding the toxic algae in Lake Erie will lean heavily on programs and regulations put in place during the last few years and making sure they work.
- Cost climbs for Toledo water plant modernization Updated: May-25-16 12:15 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Officials in northwest Ohio have learned that modernizing the Toledo water plant to fend off Lake Erie algal toxins will cost $188 more than originally thought.
- Father, son indicted on charges of chaining girl in basement Updated: May-24-16 4:08 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A father and son in Ohio have been indicted on charges accusing them of chaining a teenage girl in their basement as punishment.
- Ohio lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts Updated: May-24-16 11:10 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A proposed overhaul of how Ohio cities deal with lead in drinking water would force public water systems to alert residents within two days after lead is found at the tap.
- Ohio police department may stop using helicopter Updated: May-23-16 12:16 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A northwest Ohio police department may have to stop using its helicopter if it can't get enough money to pay for its upcoming mandatory overhaul.
- Myatt Snider wins at Toledo in ARCA debut Updated: May-22-16 6:09 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Myatt Snider won at Toledo Speedway on Sunday in his ARCA Racing Series debut
- The Latest: Police: Leg irons in basement where girl escaped Updated: May-19-16 3:50 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Latest on two men accused of holding a girl in their basement (all times local):
- Ohio seeks to coordinate Lake Erie algae effort Updated: May-18-16 12:13 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's environmental agency wants to better coordinate the state's efforts to drastically reduce what's feeding the harmful algae in Lake Erie that has fouled drinking water and increased the costs to treat it.
- Gov. Kasich signs $2.6 billion construction budget Updated: May-18-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sihk) has signed a $2.6 billion capital budget bill that includes funding for public works, community and school projects over the next two years.
- Man charged in fatal Ohio stabbing has bond set at $2M Updated: May-16-16 2:50 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Authorities say bond for a man accused of fatally stabbing a woman and seriously injuring her husband in northwest Ohio has been set at $2 million.
- Winners announced in 2015 Ohio APME newspaper contest Updated: May-15-16 2:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newspapers in Columbus, Canton, Mansfield, Newark and Lancaster were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Ohio Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- Ohio moves to protect corn mazes, farm markets from lawsuits Updated: May-14-16 9:26 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Farmers who run pumpkin patches, corn mazes and petting zoos say they can't always stop an aggressive goat from chomping down on a visitor's hand or prevent someone from stumbling in a field.
- Ohio Farm Bureau veteran will become group's new leader Updated: May-10-16 4:31 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The new head of Ohio's largest and most influential agriculture organization says farmers can't rely just on government incentives to cover the cost of slowing down fertilizer runoff that feeds harmful algae in Lake Erie and the state's rivers.
- Company plans $70M axle plant at former Jeep site in Ohio Updated: May-10-16 1:25 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Dana Holding Corp. is planning to open a $70 million axle manufacturing plant on the former property of the Jeep Parkway auto plant in Toledo.
- Birding enthusiasts seek glimpse of rare birds in Ohio Updated: May-09-16 9:18 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Bird-watching enthusiasts seeking a glimpse of rare birds during the spring migration are descending on the western shores of Lake Erie this week.
- Ohio city to honor Jeep's 75th anniversary in summer fest Updated: May-08-16 10:04 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The city where Jeep's roots date to World War II will honor the 75th anniversary of the brand this summer.
- Sheriff: Man, 25, shoots himself after standoff in NW Ohio Updated: May-07-16 3:08 pm
OTTAWA, Ohio - An Ohio man remains hospitalized in critical condition after authorities say he shot himself during a standoff with police.
- Polar bear cub named Hope makes debut at Toledo Zoo in Ohio Updated: May-06-16 3:14 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A female polar bear cub born at Ohio's Toledo Zoo has met her fans.
- Authorities: $2.2M in cocaine seized, man charged in Ohio Updated: May-06-16 10:47 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - State and federal authorities say they have seized cocaine worth an estimated street value of $2.2 million and arrested a Washington state man in a drug investigation in northwest Ohio.
- High court: Ohio can retroactively alter funding for schools Updated: May-04-16 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio can retroactively change funding for school districts and other political subdivisions, the state Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit Updated: May-04-16 11:25 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in Ohio will pay $712,000 to a former football player who said the team's coaches and medical staff didn't pull him from practice right away after he suffered multiple concussions that led to a permanent brain injury.
- Ohio police cadet won't be charged in other cadet's shooting Updated: May-04-16 12:01 am
NAPOLEON, Ohio - Authorities say they won't charge a police cadet who accidentally shot and wounded another recruit at an Ohio firing range last month.
- Did woman sway boy to kill his dad? Court raises doubts Updated: May-01-16 12:42 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The paramedics who looked at Robert Breininger's lifeless body in his twin bed suspected right away that whatever happened didn't match the story being told by his 10-year-old son.