- Detroit's Verlander to make another rehab start this weekend Updated: Jun-02-15 6:15 pm
- Ohio suspends license of funeral home after 11 bodies found Updated: Jun-02-15 4:55 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The state's funeral directors board on Tuesday quickly suspended the license of a funeral home where 11 bodies intended for cremation were found, some in a state of decay in a damp garage, according to investigators.
- Ohio cancels poultry shows at fairs amid bird flu outbreak Updated: Jun-02-15 1:28 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - All poultry shows at the Ohio State Fair and county fairs across the state have been canceled this year because of the threat of a deadly bird flu virus, the state's agriculture department announced Tuesday.
- Nancy Drew fans gather in Ohio to honor author, series Updated: May-31-15 5:38 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Nancy Drew fans celebrating the 85th anniversary of the book series are meeting in Ohio to remember the author who brought the young sleuth to life
- Workers at Ohio oil refinery reach deal after 4-month strike Updated: May-30-15 3:26 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Workers at an oil refinery in northern Ohio say they've reached a tentative contract agreement following a four-month strike.
- NW Ohio health agency: No sign water problem led to illness Updated: May-29-15 8:20 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The Toledo area's local health department says no signs of illness were reported after a small amount of the northwest Ohio city's water supply didn't get a full chlorine treatment in mid-March.
- Girl, 17, denies charge in Ohio fire that killed 14-year-old Updated: May-28-15 2:58 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A 17-year-old girl has appeared in court to face charges in a northwest Ohio house fire that killed a 14-year-old boy and seriously injured his 13-year-old stepbrother.
- Man gets 2 years in prison in unintentional death of cousin Updated: May-27-15 4:17 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A 20-year-old northwest Ohio man who pleaded guilty to reckless homicide in the 2014 death of his cousin is headed to prison.
- Ohio family takes big leap for dream of living in tiny home Updated: May-25-15 5:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - In a few weeks, Jamie and Kelly Rye hope to start building their new dream home which requires them to downsize in a big way.
- Ohio plans to replace Interstate 75 bridge in Toledo Updated: May-24-15 9:23 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio transportation officials are laying out plans to replace a busy bridge on Interstate 75 that leads into downtown Toledo.
- Ohio bridge project designed to protect endangered mussel Updated: May-23-15 5:38 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio has designed an $11.8 million construction project to protect a federally endangered mussel species - a creature that's barely the size of a human fingernail.
- Ohio zoo to add giraffe-feeding, zip lining, among others Updated: May-23-15 6:35 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Officials from an Ohio zoo are planning to add a giraffe-feeding platform, aerial course and improvements to an event pavilion.
- Toledo mayor's widow announces run to finish his term Updated: May-20-15 9:57 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The widow of Toledo's former mayor is announcing that she'll run in a special election to complete the remaining two years of his term.
- Marathon Petroleum settles allegations over air emissions Updated: May-19-15 4:08 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The U.S. Justice Department says Marathon Petroleum Corp. will pay a fine of nearly $3 million and spend another $2.8 million on pollution controls at its distribution terminals in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
- Tiger mascot at issue in Ohio exotics crackdown Updated: May-18-15 3:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A school that uses a live tiger cub as a mascot has been warned it must submit more documentation to continue that tradition without violating Ohio's law on dangerous animals.
- University of Toledo plans partnership with health system Updated: May-16-15 12:30 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The University of Toledo's College of Medicine and a Toledo-based health care system have moved forward with an agreement that could result in the two institutions working together for the next 50 years to train medical students.
- Toledo council OKs $1.5M to buy 17 properties by Jeep plant Updated: May-13-15 8:29 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo City Council has approved the $1.5 million purchase of 17 residential properties near the Jeep Wrangler plant as it continues its push to keep production of the vehicle in the northwest Ohio city.
- Mother of 3 missing Michigan boys now believes they're dead Updated: May-11-15 4:51 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The mother of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving 2010 says she now believes they're dead.
- Ohio asks neighboring states to help fight Lake Erie's algae Updated: May-09-15 11:04 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's governor and environmental chief are asking leaders in some neighboring states to look at taking new steps at fighting the toxic algae blooms that have turned Lake Erie green in recent summers.
- Officials release Toledo housing analysis, online database Updated: May-06-15 7:01 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - County land bank officials planned to release an analysis of housing in Ohio's fourth-largest city after a year of surveying properties and collecting data.
- Protesters of police violence hold 'die-in' at Ohio school Updated: May-06-15 5:31 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Protesters urging a stop to violence by police staged a "die-in" at a northwest Ohio university.