- Polar bear cub set to entertain Toledo Zoo guests in Ohio Updated: May-06-16 12:14 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A polar bear cub born at the Toledo Zoo in December is ready to meet her fans.
- High court: Ohio can retroactively alter funding for schools Updated: May-04-16 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio can retroactively change funding for school districts and other political subdivisions, the state Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit Updated: May-04-16 11:25 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in Ohio will pay $712,000 to a former football player who said the team's coaches and medical staff didn't pull him from practice right away after he suffered multiple concussions that led to a permanent brain injury.
- Ohio police cadet won't be charged in other cadet's shooting Updated: May-04-16 12:01 am
NAPOLEON, Ohio - Authorities say they won't charge a police cadet who accidentally shot and wounded another recruit at an Ohio firing range last month.
- Did woman sway boy to kill his dad? Court raises doubts Updated: May-01-16 12:42 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The paramedics who looked at Robert Breininger's lifeless body in his twin bed suspected right away that whatever happened didn't match the story being told by his 10-year-old son.
- Ohio EPA says infectious waste bags found at cemetery Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Authorities say biohazard bags containing trash and apparent dried blood from a closed funeral home were found last fall at a cemetery in northwestern Ohio.
- Ohio zoo says 47-year-old white rhinoceros has died Updated: Apr-28-16 12:42 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A zoo in northern Ohio says its southern white rhinoceros has died.
- Tigers demote Collins, activate Francisco Rodriguez Updated: Apr-27-16 7:12 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers have optioned outfielder Tyler Collins to Triple-A Toledo, although manager Brad Ausmus said the move was not related to the obscene gesture Collins directed at booing home fans Monday.
- Ohio sheriff wants to give jailed users anti-overdose drug Updated: Apr-27-16 12:31 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A northwest Ohio sheriff hoping to save more heroin users has floated the idea of giving opioid addicts an anti-overdose drug when they leave jail and train them how to use it.
- Indians overcome Carrasco injury, sweep Tigers Updated: Apr-24-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Cleveland manager Terry Francona would normally be happy with a sweep in Detroit, but he had more pressing matters on his mind Sunday afternoon.
- Saupold, Parnell pitch Triple-A Toledo to no-hitter Updated: Apr-23-16 8:32 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Warwick Saupold dominated through five innings, Bobby Parnell pitched a perfect ninth and the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens got their first nine-inning no-hitter since 1994 with a 5-0 victory over the Charlotte Knights on Saturday.
- Judge overturns dying inmate's conviction in wife's death Updated: Apr-22-16 4:31 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A judge has tossed out the conviction of an inmate with terminal cancer who has been in prison the last two decades in the killing of his wife who was beaten death in their bedroom.
- Gloria Steinem visits Ohio Statehouse, attends public forum Updated: Apr-21-16 6:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Writer and activist Gloria Steinem is taking part in a series of events at the Ohio Statehouse during a stop in the political battleground state.
- Court upholds death sentences for 2 condemned Ohio killers Updated: Apr-20-16 11:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has upheld the death sentences for two condemned killers in cases out of Toledo and suburban Cleveland.
- State Highway Patrol in Ohio gets $2.5M more for security Updated: Apr-19-16 5:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state panel has agreed to release another $2.5 million to the State Highway Patrol, with some of that going to provide security for Gov. John Kasich as he campaigns for president.
- Empty freight train cars headed to Maryland derail in Ohio Updated: Apr-18-16 1:47 pm
FOSTORIA, Ohio - Authorities say 11 empty train cars have derailed in Ohio with no injuries reported.
- Air Force considering Ohio base for F-35A fighter jets Updated: Apr-17-16 11:52 am
SWANTON, Ohio - Military officials say the U.S. Air Force is considering northwest Ohio for one of two Air National Guard bases that will house next-generation fighter jets.
- Man who founded specialty food retailer Hickory Farms dies Updated: Apr-14-16 10:54 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A northern Ohio businessman who started specialty food company Hickory Farms that sells sausage sticks and cheese trays has died.
- 2 sentenced to prison in forced labor case on Ohio egg farm Updated: Apr-11-16 4:25 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A federal judge sentenced two men to prison on Monday for taking part in a scheme to smuggle teens into the U.S. and keep them as virtual slaves at an Ohio egg farm, but he delayed sentencing for the ringleader after learning he had not given up properties taken from the victims' families.
- Officials: Man, 51, dies in Toledo apartment fire Updated: Apr-11-16 3:46 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Fire officials say a 51-year-old man has died in an apartment fire in Toledo.
- Ohio university, faculty union happy with tentative deal Updated: Apr-11-16 12:27 am
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - An Ohio university and its faculty have reached a tentative agreement on a new contract that includes 3 percent pay raises each year for three years.
- OSHA fines northern Ohio company after employee's death Updated: Apr-10-16 9:20 am
CLYDE, Ohio - Federal safety regulators have fined a northern Ohio company more than $16,000 following a fatal accident in October.
- Few Ohio water suppliers topped lead limits in last 3 years Updated: Apr-09-16 10:38 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Just a handful of public drinking water suppliers in Ohio have gone over the federal limit for lead during the past three years.