- FTC approves Reynolds' purchase of cigarette rival Lorillard Updated: May-26-15 8:30 pm
WASHINGTON - Reynolds American's proposed $25 billion acquisition of rival Lorillard has cleared a key regulatory hurdle to move closer to completing a deal that will unite some of the nation's top cigarette brands.
- Man pleads not guilty in Brownington shooting death Updated: May-26-15 3:59 pm
BROWNINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of an acquaintance in the town of Brownington.
- Runway expansion work set to begin at Newport State Airport Updated: May-17-15 9:22 am
NEWPORT, Vermont - Construction of a 1,000-foot runway extension at Vermont's Newport State Airport in Coventry is set to begin.
- Stem cell manufacturer breaks ground in northern Vermont Updated: May-15-15 12:52 pm
NEWPORT CITY, Vermont - Construction has begun on a $100 million stem cell research and manufacturing facility.
- Former state trooper violates probation, gets 2 more years Updated: May-13-15 12:12 pm
NEWPORT, Vermont - A former Vermont State Police trooper convicted of sexual contact with a 12-year-old girl has been sentenced to a maximum two-year sentence in prison for violating his probation.
- Newport needs new police evidence locker for $291K Updated: May-07-15 9:46 am
NEWPORT, Vermont - The city of Newport, Vermont, is going to pay $291,000 to install a new police evidence locker and holding cell as part of a renovation of the basement of the municipal building.