- Asia's 'infrastructure gap' threatens to hamper growth Updated: Aug-18-15 3:05 am
MANILA, Philippines - Looking out at bumper-to-bumper Monday morning traffic crawling along the Philippine capital's main avenue, taxi driver Ranilo Banez shook his head in frustration.
- Indonesia court overturns teachers' sexual abuse convictions Updated: Aug-14-15 6:10 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A Canadian teacher and an Indonesian teaching assistant sentenced to 10 years in an Indonesian prison for child sexual offenses were released Friday after a court overturned their convictions.
- China, Japan vie to build high-speed rail for Indonesia Updated: Aug-11-15 9:58 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's top development official said the government is studying proposals from China and Japan for construction of a high-speed rail line and expects to announce the outcome later this month.
- Israeli athlete granted visa to Indonesia, ending standoff Updated: Aug-10-15 7:47 am
JERUSALEM - Indonesia granted an Israeli badminton player a visa to enter the country and compete in the world championships in Jakarta after a months-long standoff, Israel's national Olympic committee said Monday.
- 45 Burmese fishermen rescued, suspected trafficking victims Updated: Aug-06-15 8:38 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police have rescued 45 Burmese fishermen, believed to be trafficking victims, from a hotel in central Jakarta where they were taken after traveling on fake documents, officials and the men said Thursday.