- Correction: Bevin-Vetoes story Updated: Apr-28-16 11:26 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In a story April 27 about Gov. Matt Bevin's budget vetoes, The Associated Press erroneously identified the current Commissioner for the Department of Vehicle Regulation and misspelled the former commissioner's name. The new commissioner is John-Mark Hack, whose appointment was announced Wednesday. Rodney Kuhl, now the former commissioner, made his comments to state lawmakers last month.
- Human skull found on Bourbon County farm Updated: Apr-26-16 10:03 am
PARIS, Kentucky - Authorities say a farm worker found a human skill in a Bourbon County creek while checking on horses.
- Court clerk sentenced to probation for $330,000 theft Updated: Apr-25-16 4:49 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former Kentucky court clerk accused of stealing more than $330,000 from her office has avoided jail time.
- Kentucky artists' work exhibited at Capitol Updated: Apr-14-16 4:29 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Nearly two dozen Kentucky artists are represented in this year's Governor's Derby Exhibit, which is now on display in the Capitol Rotunda in Frankfort.
- The Latest: Stumbo blames Gov. Bevin for budget delays Updated: Apr-12-16 6:24 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Latest on Kentucky's budget negotiations (all times local):
- The Latest: 3 lawmakers ask to join lawsuit against Bevin Updated: Apr-12-16 5:11 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Latest on Republican Gov. Matt Bevin's attempt to cut funding for colleges and universities (all times local):
- Kentucky attorney general sues governor over education cuts Updated: Apr-11-16 5:35 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's Democratic attorney general sued the state's Republican governor on Monday, arguing he overstepped his authority when he ordered budget cuts for state colleges and universities without the approval of the state legislature.
- Frank Lloyd Wright leaves mark in Kentucky Updated: Apr-09-16 12:49 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright took a taxi from a luncheon in his honor at the Pendennis Club to visit the Jefferson County Courthouse at Sixth and Jefferson streets during a trip to Louisville in May 1948 to speak at the University of Louisville.
- Correction: College Cuts story Updated: Apr-01-16 10:59 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In a story March 31 about state funding cuts for Kentucky colleges, The Associated Press misspelled the last name of the University of Louisville spokesman. His last name is Karman, not Karmen.
- Kentucky National Guard to host Memorial Day event Updated: Mar-31-16 3:16 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky National Guard plans to host its first annual Memorial Day event in Frankfort.
- AP Exclusive: How a tainted Kenyan runner won small US races Updated: Mar-31-16 1:08 am
NEWPORT, Kentucky - Larisa Mikhaylova's business model is simple: In exchange for a cut of their prizes, she enters Kenyan runners into far-flung U.S. road races that are small enough to be winnable but still large enough to offer modest cash rewards to top finishers.
- Officials plan for volunteers to plant more than 2,000 trees Updated: Mar-30-16 3:21 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Officials plan for volunteers to plant more than 2,000 trees in Frankfort this weekend.